Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,082 members, 7,825,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me (55215 Views)

NNPCL Gifts ₦200k Petrol Voucher To Lady Who Wakes Early To Cook For Her Husband / Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce / Man To Divorce His Wife In Ondo For Failing To Cook For Him. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by PrinzJaay: 5:15pm On Sep 03, 2020
SocialJustice:
Crase husband, you want your wife to be cooking for your useless religious cult members frequently because she agreed to marry you.

Carry your evil load and get out of this place.
Dumb fool

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Sterope(f): 5:15pm On Sep 03, 2020
Lmao. Hitler would be proud.
futurewise11:

YOU ARE A WEAK MAN. You are really scared of your wife. War in the house u pay, wife u legally married, please grow some balls. Stand your ground and threaten her with whatever you have to....what nonsense..ordinary soup is wahala..your wife knows you are a weakling that's why hes playing you like ball.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Oyiboman69: 5:15pm On Sep 03, 2020
SocialJustice:
Crase husband, you want your wife to be cooking for your useless religious cult members frequently because she agreed to marry you.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by trappatoni(m): 5:15pm On Sep 03, 2020
tabithababy:

I don't understand The woman should kill herself on top food preparation. The caterer option is best for now.

So he should call his mother in law to inform her of how his wife refuse to cook for 25 people abi wetin
the matter tire me oo. The man should have considered the condition of his wife before inviting people over. Just cancel the damn meeting.
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by AvalonSpace(m): 5:16pm On Sep 03, 2020
She has to happily do that cooking, with her friends even. I don't see why she should refuse to cook for her husband's friends when it's her husband's turn to host them.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 03, 2020
98% of comments here shows you why BUHARI was re elelcted twice

NIGERIANS HAVE TOLERANCE FOR ZERO REASONING

INFACT THEY FERMENT AND DRINK RAW STUPIDITY

MY QUESTION IS: IS IT THAT 99% OF NAIRALANDERS ARE KIDS BELOW THE AGE OF 20

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 03, 2020
SmileDance:
Life will be much better when people start thinking with their brains and not their religion.
Na church matter wan break person home now so o
Apart from my wife, you are the only girl I have come across that thinks with her brain. 98% of girls are 'holier than thou'
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Wingarnium: 5:17pm On Sep 03, 2020
Gavorche:
I read every comment on this thread and I am very disappointed with how most women reason.Sorry Mr Op but ur wife is being inconsiderate and unreasonable not to assist in the cooking since you are willing to participate actively In the process.To even make it more irritating she is preventing you from inviting help from your church members who will assist.haba for something that will be done just once in a year.

Some posters are even suggesting you cancel or shift the meeting just to please your wife and be termed peace loving and family focused husband.Mr Op that will be the most stupid thing to do

That why am even scared of getting married because I can't take one quarter of all this bullshit I will just divorce you the next day.Imagine ordinary to cook fa with helping hands com turn issue the thing dey even vex me a swear especially those feminist posters above that are just running their mouth without even considering the ops condition.seriously if this is how girls nowadays reason and think marriage no be by force o

I remember growing up, my dad host this kind of meeting and my mom do the cooking with some of her friends and sometimes wives of Some of the members.My dad dont even know the location of kitchen talkless of helping in cooking( i think he considered it taboo)She never saw it as an issue intact we will be happy at home because there will be surplus food and drink at home

My advise is still talk to her and make her understand her duty for the cooking.You(op) will be responsible for buying the food stuff or you can do it together,you make the swallow,she makes the soup,and after the guest departure you two do the cleanup together and with the invitation of helping hands it will be easier for everyone.

If she still refuses you can now employ the service of caterers if you can afford it and if you can't u can explore other options like buying soft drinks and snacks.But you should make it clear to her that that you are not happy with her you too can revenge by declining some helps you render her or sacrifices you make for her so she will know how it pains.DONT just let it go make sure you express your displeasure by actions or at least words or both

NEVER you postpone the meeting to please her or due to lack of options or lack of adequate plan.if she refuses make sure you feed your guest in your house with at least snacks and .soft drinks or better by caterers,this will make you the winner and she will be ashame of her sef
I pity your wife o. I'm sure u don't know how to cook. The wife cooks for the family and takes care of the home. She even cooked the last one while pregnant. And she says she can't cook this for some reason. And u are saying u will divorce. Do u think women are not human beings. Cooking for 20 people. Cleaning up after them. u think it's easy. And she probably has a job that stresses her and even kids. I repeat if u want a maid, marry a maid. U cannot marry someone daughter and want to enslave her under the name of marriage. Have sense o. I'm 100% sure you're not married. Heck you can even be a kid. What you need is wisdom. Your own mother and your wife are not the same people. Do not expect your wife to act like your mother. Thank God they don't force marriage now. Imagine someone marrying u as u are

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Mcmafia: 5:17pm On Sep 03, 2020
SocialJustice:

���
We dont need to be told how bitter u are....weyrey re ooo

1 Like

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Samabu07(m): 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2020
Oga just contract a caterer to make meatpie or buy from an eatery with chilled malt to go.
Avoid issues with your wife.
You may also ask your sister to cook for you that's if they stay around your location.
But your wife needs to be supportive. Marriage is not by answering Mrs alone o. Both partners must help each other.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by OCTAVO: 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2020
Do you think cooking is easy? Some people can't handle the stress of cooking. Please respect her wish and sort things out. This shouldn't bring any rift whatsoever. Get a caterer! It's their job. If you force her to cook, you will regret it cos the food fit no sweet o, her mind won't be there. Respect yourself and get a caterer. GOD will provide for you. Cooking for up to 20 people is no child's play, for someone who is not used to that kind of a thing. Na understanding matter. GOD bless you Mr!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Dalby(m): 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2020
SocialJustice:

He has eaten the food cooked by the wives of the other members...why should his be different

It happens once in every 18 months from his story

But when he brings out money to celebrate his child's birthday she can do the cooking even for 100 persons

Bros find the 20k for the caterers to avoid embarrassment on that day...that will be my advise...it is every 18 months...

undecided undecided undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by PrinzJaay: 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2020
Righteousness89:
All I Can Do Right now is to Pray For you!

Precious Daddy, I Pray thee, Touch the wife of My Brother to see the Need to Cooperate with Her Husband. Touch Her to Do it with Joy In Jesus Name.... Amen..

My Brother Calm down.. She will Do it...

Reading through the Comments, It's clear that People Have Lost what Marriage is all about!

Marriage is Cooperation
Marriage is Sacrifice
Marriage is Watching out for each other

It's sounds strange to me that a woman is not willing to Cooperate with her Husband and People are Supporting that!

Seriously! This Generation has lost it
I feel entirely sad about it too.....very pathetic generation

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by gunners160(m): 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2020
Liftmaster:

Sista, but in your situation you are doing it willingly. The wife has said no, even with his help. Why can't he respect her opinion? If he truly loves his wife, as a church member should, he should go look up the definition of it. Love is patient, love is kind, love is longsuffering. etc. This is the time to excercise those definitions. They say you catch more flies with honey than vinegar! He should cancel and see how much more love and respect he will get in return.
What happens to sacrifice in marriage? the woman just has pride and she is trying to unleash it . Thus man in question is trying everything possible to come to terms with her but that is not enough for her.
Even if she will disagree next time, wat happens to covering your husband's unclothedness now and then next time he will iron things out. Yes, she can't but it is too late to cancel , do it now and cover his shame then see how the love grows

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Munachisom95(f): 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:
Lol. Ode.

Nawaooo, it's unfair refering to him with that name. proffer solution and stop calling names.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2020
CanadianNaija:

Abeg she’s right to refuse. You’re just inconsiderate.
Did you plan to invite people with her or you just invited them and informed her as the cook you have at home?

You think she doesn’t have a life because she’s married to you? You like to play host but you don’t have money.

Just go and hire a caterer and stop stressing the woman abeg!
The way I dey look OP, he go be the stingy type!

The wife might have needs, he doesn't attend to but spends so much hosting undecided

Some men can be like that, so let him call those he likes spending for!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Sterope(f): 5:19pm On Sep 03, 2020
Some people find cooking strenuous. For others, it depends on the mood. 20 isn't a lot but with everything else that comes attached with cooking for guests, it can be.

futurewise11:
I'm a man, I live in western world and can cook for 20 people without stress...I cook for my friends, family, birthday stuff etc...please Nairalanders what's the big deal about cooking that some people turn it to a big deal? You no live single life for lagos before? This is the type of wife that will say they cannot even cook for any husband family.....intact I enjoy cooking when am free and invite friends to come over..what's the point of marrying someone you cannot go to extra length for.....some men don suffer ooo. .thank God for my mother. Cooking, na my wife sef go run...mr man grow some balls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Wingarnium: 5:19pm On Sep 03, 2020
futurewise11:

YOU ARE A WEAK MAN. You are really scared of your wife. War in the house u pay, wife u legally married, please grow some balls. Stand your ground and threaten her with whatever you have to....what nonsense..ordinary soup is wahala..your wife knows you are a weakling that's why hes playing you like ball.
Alpha and omega. So he should beat her. Or divorce her to marry a maid. Who will suffer at the long run?. That's why a lot of men are abandoned in their old age by their wife and children. With all the wickedness they did. Get sense o. Na wife u marry not slave. I pity any lady that will open her two eyes and marry u or even date u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Goldenheart(m): 5:20pm On Sep 03, 2020
Dear Op

You have a mole and your wife knows.. I dig deep and fish him out

Until that man is fished out... cool
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Benwallt(m): 5:20pm On Sep 03, 2020
Maybe one of the men has been given her trouble codedly. She may be saving your head.
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 03, 2020
I don't know why everyone is attacking the op.

She agreed to marry the man. Therefore everything about him not just a part, she has to marry too.

These are the kind of women that will do heaven and earth if they are about to enter just to be accepted but afterwards be forming hulk hugan after they have entered. Imagine.. she did it with pregnancy the first time prolly still in the pretence stage just to appear as a good wife but now, no preggy, nothing, she's refusing... Please let's call a spade a spade. Some people can pretend for Africa.

As I am, I cook for 100 people for free whenever any of my siblings are celebrating an occasion how much more the love of my life. This is preposterous. Dang!

10 Likes

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Champneys: 5:20pm On Sep 03, 2020
SirMichael1:
Hello Good afternoon Familanders. This is very long, so please bear with me.

I’ll start from the root. Well, in my church, there’s usually a committee for the married men where most times we can proffer solution to the issues or need of the church members and other times organize get together monthly within us (married men) just to foster unity. Since we're like 20, different men host the get together. Therefore, it's spaced out for 1year and 8months.

It all began last Sunday when I was chosen to oversee the next get together which comes up this Sunday after church. When we (my wife and I) got home after church, I told her about it and she immediately asked, “who would do the cooking”? I was taken aback as the question sounded strange. I replied her saying, since she did the cooking the last time, I figured she’d do it this time.

She got angry and said there’s no way she’ll be going through the stress of cooking for 18 to 25 men and that I better know what to do concerning who’s going to handle the cooking. I tried to calm her down and reminded her of how I assisted her in the kitchen by pounding the yams while she made the soup -two soups actually and that I was going to help her this time. Yam is quite expensive so we’re not pounding this time, just Semo.

She remained adamant and said there was no way she would do anything, that the work stressed her so much and she won’t partake in any cooking and that I better go find anyone to do the cooking. Thing is, I understood the fact that the work was stressful for her because she was 5 months pregnant then and it was her first time.

Yesterday at work, I kept pondering about a solution and a thought struck me. I called her from work and asked her, "how about I get one of the women at church to offer you support?". She blatantly refused and still held on to her words.

My mind hasn’t been settled since morning because I got hold of a caterer and she told me that she’ll charge a thousand naira per head, that is approximately 20k. Truth is, the get together came at a wrong time and considering the prices of drinks, the cost of the food stuff, meat, ingredients, etc. I really can’t afford a caterer right now.

I’m at a cross road now. I don’t know what to do because it’s causing a rift between us. I thought of bringing a church member to assist on that day without informing her so she wouldn’t surprise me and leave the house but I fear that if she comes, my wife might not join her in the kitchen and the woman will begin to feel a certain way (thinking of how ungrateful we are). Then again, who will purchase the food items? I’ve just been confused. I really need insights.

Note: I said I'll help her make the swallow, she just needs to make the soup.

Did you marry your wife to entertain guests?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Oyiboman69: 5:20pm On Sep 03, 2020
SirMichael1:
I told her that I would assist her. I even asked to bring her a female church member to assist but she refused.
Your wife is just being dramatic...most Nigerian women will gladly accept and assist you with it. Forgot those saying you should go and hire caterers that she's not your slave,kids everywhere

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Bossose(m): 5:21pm On Sep 03, 2020
I'm shocked as f**ck. I mean a woman can't cook for the sake of her husband? I was even angry when op said he will pound for her undecided.

@OP I WILL ADVISE YOU TO TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR HOUSE AS A MAN AND ENSURE THAT WIFE MUST DO THAT COOKING ELSE SHOW HER YOU PAID THE BRIDE PRICE AND NOT SHE

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by gunners160(m): 5:21pm On Sep 03, 2020
AvalonSpace:
She has to happily do that cooking, with her friends even. I don't see why she should refuse to cook for her husband's friends when it's her husband's turn to host them.
dont mind all these kids in their early 20.Her husband fit chop for another person house but when it comes to her turn she dey act like say she be Jet li

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Backcheck: 5:21pm On Sep 03, 2020
I really thought marriage was all about understanding. He said he would help In the kitchen or invite someone to assist and she still refused.

My guess is your wife doesn’t even want visitors its not the work.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Nephilim: 5:22pm On Sep 03, 2020
kiss
SirMichael1:

I’ll start from the root. Well, in my church, there’s usually a committee for the married men where most times we can proffer solution to the issues or need of the church members and other times organize get together monthly within us (married men) just to foster unity. Since we're like 20, different men host the get together. Therefore, it's spaced out for 1year and 8months.

It all began last Sunday when I was chosen to oversee the next get together which comes up this Sunday after church. When we (my wife and I) got home after church, I told her about it and she immediately asked, “who would do the cooking”? I was taken aback as the question sounded strange. I replied her saying, since she did the cooking the last time, I figured she’d do it this time.

She got angry and said there’s no way she’ll be going through the stress of cooking for 18 to 25 men and that I better know what to do concerning who’s going to handle the cooking. I tried to calm her down and reminded her of how I assisted her in the kitchen by pounding the yams while she made the soup -two soups actually and that I was going to help her this time. Yam is quite expensive so we’re not pounding this time, just Semo.

She remained adamant and said there was no way she would do anything, that the work stressed her so much and she won’t partake in any cooking and that I better go find anyone to do the cooking. Thing is, I understood the fact that the work was stressful for her because she was 5 months pregnant then and it was her first time.

Yesterday at work, I kept pondering about a solution and a thought struck me. I called her from work and asked her, "how about I get one of the women at church to offer you support?". She blatantly refused and still held on to her words.

My mind hasn’t been settled since morning because I got hold of a caterer and she told me that she’ll charge a thousand naira per head, that is approximately 20k. Truth is, the get together came at a wrong time and considering the prices of drinks, the cost of the food stuff, meat, ingredients, etc. I really can’t afford a caterer right now.

I’m at a cross road now. I don’t know what to do because it’s causing a rift between us. I thought of bringing a church member to assist on that day without informing her so she wouldn’t surprise me and leave the house but I fear that if she comes, my wife might not join her in the kitchen and the woman will begin to feel a certain way (thinking of how ungrateful we are). Then again, who will purchase the food items? I’ve just been confused. I really need insights.

Tell your guests to bring in their food when they are coming..
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 03, 2020
mariahAngel:
The things that I read on nairaland... undecided

What is so hard about hosting your husband's guests?
She's just being stubborn and unreasonable.
To host, you don't even need to do everything yourself. Just get friends or relatives to help, while you divide the labour among yourselves and supervise....as long as there's enough free food to take home, they'll gladly help.
You raised valid points but you also failed to see through the veil. The woman hate the men group for one reason or the other. If we are to probe deeper, there must be something about the men or the church or something must have transpired to make the woman stubborn.

Judging from the Op's narrative, the woman is a good wife.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by toniotonero(m): 5:22pm On Sep 03, 2020
blinking001:
What is happening to our men? God help us. Op you better man up and assume your position as the man of the house. What rubbish. If she doesnt want to do the cooking, go get a hot side chick to do the cooking for you and the let the heavens fall. You've got balls for a reason, start making use of it.
Person dy find solution u wan create division

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by Oyiboman69: 5:22pm On Sep 03, 2020
Righteousness89:
All I Can Do Right now is to Pray For you!

Precious Daddy, I Pray thee, Touch the wife of My Brother to see the Need to Cooperate with Her Husband. Touch Her to Do it with Joy In Jesus Name.... Amen..

My Brother Calm down.. She will Do it...

Reading through the Comments, It's clear that People Have Lost what Marriage is all about!

Marriage is Cooperation
Marriage is Sacrifice
Marriage is Watching out for each other

It's sounds strange to me that a woman is not willing to Cooperate with her Husband and People are Supporting that!

Seriously! This Generation has lost it
now I know that you are not bad as they paint you here
Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by nedekid: 5:22pm On Sep 03, 2020
SirMichael1:
Truth is, I've since considered this but the thought that my wife will sit while watching my friends and I do the cooking (I don't know how to make the soup. She's good at that) doesn't sit well. If she'd just agree, I don't mind getting more people to assist.
See, if someone does not want to cook for you and your guest with clear mind, never force the person (even if it's your wife). Food is something entering your body. Unless you want to go by the saying "watin man no know no fit kill am".
May we not eat food garnish with catarr, spit, sputum IJN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me by jaxxy(m): 5:22pm On Sep 03, 2020
SirMichael1:

She just doesn’t like how it went down last time so the memory of that won’t let her want to go through such stress again. If she has any frnds let them talk to her and come around to keep her company while doing it so it becomes a fun experience for her and not a stressful obligation. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Kids Applied 'Brain' To Retrieve Their Ball From A Pit / Help My Husband Seems To Be Addicted To Prostitutes! / 9 Struggles Men Go Through Ladies Will Never Understand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.