Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,239 members, 7,829,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

“Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi (64765 Views)

NDLEA Intercepts Skunk Consignments, Destroy Cannabis Farm In Edo / Bridget Oghenekevwe Emeka, Wanted Drug Baroness Arrested By NDLEA In Delta / Cannabis, Tramadol Top Drugs Seized By NDLEA In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 02, 2020
Take my life instead of destroying my cannabis farm ― Suspect begs NDLEA

A suspected cannabis farmer, Clement Akor, has begged the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA to take his life instead of destroying his 10-hectare cannabis plantation.

Akor, a 42 years old father of six children from Enabo village in Ankpa Local Government Area of Kogi State was arrested by the Kogi State command of NDLEA alongside his accomplice David Ameh.

Akor who claimed he had invested so much in the business and cannot afford to lose it to the arms of the law said he learnt the trade in Owo, Ondo State.

The prime suspect who cried profusely to stop men of the NDLEA led by its commander, Alfred Adewumi, from destroying his farm located in Oketepe in Okula community, Ofu Local Government Area of Kogi State said he prefers to die than watch the officers destroyed what he had worked hard for in the last one year.

He noted that he is aware of the law banning the sale of cannabis, insisting that it is business which must be followed with risk.

His words, “I am the owner of this farm. I learnt it in Yoruba land. When I cultivated one last year, it was stolen. So it is this year I bought seed from Yoruba land to plant new ones before I was caught.

“Indian hemp business is luck. In this farm, I can get many bags here. I do sell one bag for N20,000 depending on the area am selling it, It could be more.

“I spent N12,000 for labour in cultivating this farm. It is better for you people to kill me than destroy this farmland”.

“This is my business. I spent a lot to allow this plant grow up to this level. In the next two weeks, I am supposed to harvest it.

“Now you people have come here to destroy it. Just kill me, so that I won’t see you people destroying what I have laboured for.
“I am looking for money because I am illiterate. I don’t want to engage in armed robbery or kidnapping that is why I am into this business of Indian hemp”.

However, his plea did not stop the NDLEA from destroying the cannabis farmland.

Addressing newsmen on Wednesday after the destruction of the cannabis farmland, the Kogi State Commander, National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, Mr Alfred Adewumi lamented the increasing wave of illicit use and cultivation of cannabis in the state.

Adewumi stated that the two suspects were arrested through intelligent gathering by officers of his command.

The commander noted that the latest breakthrough in the fight against illicit use of drug in Kogi State is coming three days after the command arrested the duo of Enduarance Samson and Abah Sunday for alleged possession of 36.2 kilogrammes wrap of cannabis

“What you are seeing today is certainly more than three football field put together. This is very unfortunate. I am worried about this unfortunate development. I have thought that Kogi State will not descend to this point.

“As things stand today, it will be direct self-denial to begin to say that Kogi state is not planting cannabis because the evidence itself suggests the fact that there is high planting of cannabis sativa in Kogi State. Sadly Kogi State can also now begin to rank among those state where you find cannabis sativa plantations.

“We will not relent in fighting against illicit use of drug that is why we took the fight to their doorstep. Kogi State is the gateway to many other states in the north, south, east and western parts of this country.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/take-my-life-instead-of-destroying-my-cannabis-farm-%25E2%2580%2595-suspect-begs-ndlea/amp/

1 Like

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 02, 2020
This is serious

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by Charmingrascal(m): 8:04pm On Sep 02, 2020
Why would they destroy such a valuable farm?

243 Likes 8 Shares

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by ValCon888: 8:21pm On Sep 02, 2020
This government lacks initiative. We are talking about generating internal revenue, and they are destroying cannabis plantation. In this era of dwindling petrodollars, marijuana can become a primary forex earner. Rather than ban it, the government should seek a means to regulate it.
In these challenging times, weed is one of the few things that make people happy. We are not better than the US, Canada, or the Netherlands that control weed consumption. A plant that is useful in many industries including textile, energy, and medicine.

We are literally burning billions of dollars all in the name of forming sanctimonious in this fantastically corrupt country.

581 Likes 49 Shares

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 02, 2020
Weed wey most countries don dey legalise grin

Why can't the FG legalise weed, but makes it so expensive.
The one that is been sold for #100, can be sold for #200, then #100 belongs to the government while #100 belongs to the seller grin

While the selle go go blow the blunt at home cool

147 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by chatinent: 8:35pm On Sep 02, 2020
Funny country. Some of those officers will pluck some and put in their pockets too.

223 Likes 16 Shares

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:42pm On Sep 02, 2020
Wrong decision!!!

It's no longer your farm once you are dead

Besides that farm is illegal from the onset!!!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by joshjc(m): 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2020
Let the herbs grow and be free

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by SpecTTraP: 8:50pm On Sep 02, 2020
Mad o

1 Like

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by ReorxTohGan(m): 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2020
make em free the man and hin land jare..
bunch of useless ppl!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by muller101(m): 9:51pm On Sep 02, 2020
You are a catalyst to armed robbers and kidnappers. Set the damn farm ablaze

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by muller101(m): 9:53pm On Sep 02, 2020
Charmingrascal:

It's an illegal setup.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 02, 2020
joshjc:
Let the herbs grow and be free
Unhealthy herbs you mean?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by AFvckingAlpha(m): 10:03pm On Sep 02, 2020
The fvck
Niggar!!!

I don't know of other folks, but this plant has kept me going in very difficult times.

I owe this plant my life grin

That man is just trying to survive, thats what I feel about this matter.

THC been saving men since its discovery.

Pussy ass niggarrs can't understand, only real men would.

Still on my last sk before I call it a day grin

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by Slawormir: 10:04pm On Sep 02, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Akor should not worry....

Soon i will delve into politics and find my way into the legislative arm of government
Then boom i will propose a bill to legalize weed

Let me light up my weed right now with Travis Scott song

I'm the highest in the room
Hope I make it outta here
She saw my eyes, she know I'm gone

92 Likes 9 Shares

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by WandaNara: 10:04pm On Sep 02, 2020
The man is a real niggar.

Majority of NDLEA officials seff na marlians dem be

37 Likes

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by Openbusiness: 10:04pm On Sep 02, 2020
Selling intelligent dispenser
Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by Badonasty(m): 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2020
Lol...money dey weed business...addicts full everywhere

2 Likes

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by kingmurainah(m): 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2020
Na weed them wanna waste so

1 Like

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2020
This is serious.
Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by TROLL11: 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2020
kiss
Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by Topmaike007(m): 10:06pm On Sep 02, 2020
sbaks:
Unhealthy herbs you mean?
It is clearly stated in the book of Genesis in the creation that our God created weed for human consumption, so you're entitled to any means you take it, I prefer it inside Lord dry gin rather than smoking..

Those Ndlea guys are just over acting

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by OgunrinolA20(m): 10:06pm On Sep 02, 2020
Ff
Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 02, 2020
angry Free the man joor.
Is it not the agricultural diversification APC has been talking about since angry

9 Likes

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by Kingluqman(m): 10:07pm On Sep 02, 2020
Omo Baba Fela grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by smallsmall: 10:07pm On Sep 02, 2020
Charmingrascal:

..Because it is UNLAWFUL and even the accused agreed that he knew it was UNLAWFUL.
He should have invested his time in planting Maize, one TON of Maize is #200,000 Today!

I know Buhari's Terrorists, Fulani Herdsmen will feed their Cows on the Maize Farm, before he can even harvest his effort.

Thais the sad and evil story of Nigeria under this Evil Buhari

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by Rahmanjargo(m): 10:08pm On Sep 02, 2020
Now playing Damian Marley - Medication cool
Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by Xisnin(m): 10:08pm On Sep 02, 2020
ValCon888:
This government lacks initiative. We are talking about generating internal revenue, and they are destroying cannabis plantation. In this era of dwindling petrodollars, marijuana can become a primary forex earner. Rather than ban it, the government should seek a means to regulate it.
The bold is false, it can never be.
Anyone familiar with the industry or export farming generally would understand this.

3 Likes

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by paulolee(m): 10:08pm On Sep 02, 2020
thats the spirit bro, the weeders in nairaland celebrate you...signed by slawomir aka daaaaaam nigaaaar..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by MuttleyLaff: 10:08pm On Sep 02, 2020
ValCon888:
In these challenging times, weed is one of the few things that make people happy. We are not better than the US, Canada, or the Netherlands that control weed consumption. A plant that is useful in many industries including textile, energy, and medicine.

We are literally burning billions of dollars all in the name of forming sanctimonious in this fantastically corrupt country.

BabaOwen:
Weed wey most countries don dey legalise grin

Why can't the FG legalise weed, but makes it so expensive.
The one that is been sold for #100, can be sold for #200, then #100 belongs to the government while #100 belongs to the seller grin

While the selle go go blow the blunt at home cool

If you had voted in Sowore, all this unnecessary arrest and destruction of a viable ROI venture, wouldn't have happened

7 Likes

Re: “Kill Me Rather Than Destroy My Cannabis Farm" - Suspect Tells NDLEA In Kogi by Emmypure: 10:09pm On Sep 02, 2020
even officer of the law smoke weed, why must you stop someone from smoking weed? is it ur body they are using

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Video Of The Arrest Of 34 Nude Dancers At A Club In Abuja Emerges, APC UK Reacts / Man Killed In Asaba, Delta By Cultists (Disturbing Photos) / Photos From Kogi Prison Break Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.