Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture (44757 Views)

Bandits: Katsina Man Removes House Roof To Pay Son’s Ransom (Photos) / Katsina Man Raped His Brother's Wife / Katsina Man Slits Girlfriend's Throat For Trying To Marry Another Man (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by EvenBlogger: 7:11am On Sep 03, 2020
A 16-year-old boy, identified as Sadiqu Daura, who was confined to a cage for four years by his father because of his condition, has been allocated a room in the man’s house.

Sadiqu’s father, Mallam Salisu Daura, confirmed the development when a team from a non-government organisation, Save the Children, visited his house in Daura, Katsina State, on Tuesday.

The organisation is at the forefront of those protecting the boy’s interest to ensure that he lives a normal life.

Salisu told the team, “I regret my actions and it’ll never happen again. The people, who took up this case, are not my enemies. They will live long, because I’ll keep praying for their success. They’ve helped me and I’ve now realised my mistakes.

“I don’t have enough rooms in the house as you can see. I didn’t put him in the cage to punish him or because I don’t love him. It was just my way of allocating a room to him.”

The father of 16, who is also a tailor, showed Sadiqu’s new room, which is about 90 per cent complete, to the team.

Investigation revealed that Sadiqu’s predicament started when he lost his mother six years ago.

Being a cripple, he was then taken to his paternal grandmother, who also died shortly thereafter.

Sadiqu was thereafter brought back to his father’s house and was put inside a cage because of his condition.

It was learnt that a change agent of the Save the Children in Daura, Mallam Aminu Gambo, drew the attention of the organisation to Sadiqu’s plight and the NGO consequently took it up.

“Upon finding out about Sadiqu’s predicament, we swung into action by first visiting the house. We took the matter to the Police Area Commander, who sent us to the command headquarters in Katsina,” Gambo stated.

A top police source revealed that Sadiqu is mentally ill, a development which he said occasionally affected his behaviour and interaction with people.

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity said, “The father is not wicked. We all have our individual challenges. When the matter was brought to our notice, we carried out our investigation and we discovered that apart from being crippled, the boy is also mentally ill.

“We directed the father to ensure that the boy is well taken care of. And this, the father did according to his ability.”

Source: https://punchng.com/katsina-man-keeps-son-16-in-cage-for-four-years/

Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by Ahmed0336(m): 7:25am On Sep 03, 2020
Not again!!!!
I think it's high time all houses in this corn-tree be searched.

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by saheedbadmus(m): 7:27am On Sep 03, 2020
Are these people sick upstairs.. why lock ur children up .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by BigBelleControl(m): 7:28am On Sep 03, 2020
Why is the issue of tying people down so common in the north these days? Even if the person is sick, can't they find a civil way to deal with it.

12 Likes

Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by Mayng01(m): 7:31am On Sep 03, 2020
Northerners & animalistic behavior

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by Simplyleo: 8:04am On Sep 03, 2020
Mayng01:
IamSalt:

That is how they breed the inhumane and animalistic behavior in them. They cage there conscience and let them loose to cause havoc.
Well, such act is barbaric and condemnable in the strongest term.

However, at least, locking up or tying down a fellow human is an act practised only by humans. Though a very wicked act.

But brutality against fellow class of animals is an act shared by humans and lesser animals. A case of brutality outrightly exhibiting animalistic behaviour is as shown below.

There are countless similar cases, even on nairaland. angry

IamD18:
The behavior of an average Nigerian Northerner is worrisome.
More worrisome are cases of Easterners such as the one pictured below.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by IamSalt: 8:06am On Sep 03, 2020
BigBelleControl:
Why is the issue of tying people down so common in the north these days? Even if the person is sick, can't they find a civil way to deal with it.

That is how they breed the inhumane and animalistic behavior in them. They cage there conscience and let them loose to cause havoc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by IamD18: 8:18am On Sep 03, 2020
The behavior of an average Nigerian Northerner is worrisome.

9 Likes

Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by Missyajoke(f): 10:40am On Sep 03, 2020
If not for ritual purpose what else. The more the person is in pain, they richer hey become.
Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by NaijaCover(m): 11:05am On Sep 03, 2020
Vivian Gist, Welcome Back
Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by classicfrank4u(m): 11:15am On Sep 03, 2020
There's more to all these "caging" news we've been seeing recently from the north, who knows it might be some kind of tradition being practiced there lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by Djyucee1(m): 11:15am On Sep 03, 2020
Na them.
Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by xdunamis(m): 11:15am On Sep 03, 2020
Some parents can do unimaginable things to their own children. How can you put a child into a cage? Why not just send him to amajiri
Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by PureGoldh(m): 11:15am On Sep 03, 2020
The heart of Man is full of evil and deceitfully wicked
Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by Bobotic(m): 11:15am On Sep 03, 2020
Wickedness !!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by whela(m): 11:15am On Sep 03, 2020
up North..
If you know you know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 03, 2020
Simplyleo:

However, at least, restricting the movement of fellow human is an act practised only by humans. Though a very wicked act.

But brutality against fellow class of animals is an act shared by humans and lesser animals. A case of brutality outrightly exhibiting animalistic behaviour is as shown below.

You need help. Keep wallowing in misery

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by jrusky(m): 11:15am On Sep 03, 2020
Na dem dem not surprise a bit.
Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 03, 2020
Aboki people
Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by Cowbell521: 11:16am On Sep 03, 2020
Simplyleo:

However, at least, restricting the movement of fellow human is an act practised only by humans. Though a very wicked act.

The picture you attached: Na common thing with Igbo women
Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by YourFreedom(m): 11:16am On Sep 03, 2020
chia

Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by Olam09(m): 11:16am On Sep 03, 2020
Check out my new intriguing ebook play. will soon be out on amazon kindle, jumia store and konga.

Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:16am On Sep 03, 2020
A phone number and email should be made public by the Government for people to report incidents like this around them.

We are sure there are still thousands of kids/people locked up somewhere like animals all over the nation.

People all over the states in Nigeria should start speaking up about the evil going on around them.

Animals in human skin everywhere!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by Kendumazy(m): 11:16am On Sep 03, 2020
I wish him divine healing.

Need somethings from eBay? We can handle it for you. View link - - >> https://www.nairaland.com/5623220/buy-ship-usa-nigeria-ebay

1 Like

Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by olisaEze(m): 11:16am On Sep 03, 2020
They have caged the country for far longer sef!
Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by EmmanuelDon7(m): 11:17am On Sep 03, 2020
What was he eating? Good experiment since he is still alive
Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by MajorOvakporaye(f): 11:18am On Sep 03, 2020
Aboooki people sef
Na wa o! shocked
Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by anonimi: 11:19am On Sep 03, 2020
Mayng01:

Unfortunately the southerners without animalistic behaviour are so disunited that the northerners keep ruining the Fulani Government of Naijeriya, FGN.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3937527_buharisardauna_jpegcb12decad1bd9dd31b45d009f2877b1f

comos:
The Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, on Friday justified the arrest of only suspects of Yoruba extraction over the recent clash in Ile-Ife, Osun State, which resulted in the death of about 46 persons. He said crime neither has tribe nor identity.

Idris spoke with State House correspondents shortly after briefing President Muhammadu Buhari of security situations in parts of the country inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The police had been in the eye of the storm for arresting and parading 20 Yoruba persons, including a monarch, over the clash while not a single Hausa/Fulani person was detained.

The pan-Yoruba group, Afenifere; and the Oodua Peoples Congress are among groups and individuals that have been criticising the police over the development.

Idris however said the police would not hesitate to apply the law once criminal cases are established against individuals, irrespective of their tribe.

He said, “You know we are police officers. Crime has no tribe. If you are a criminal, you are a criminal.

“Crime has no face. We don’t look at crime in the identity of where you are coming from.

“As far as you are a criminal and the police find you wanting, we apply the law.”

He said investigation had revealed that the crisis started with a disagreement between two people selling food along the road.

https://punchng.com/ife-clash-igp-justifies-arrest-of-only-yoruba-suspects/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6559819_img20180116131338_jpeg5eb7dd60f62d45b4c01a8e0a67f66174

3 Likes

Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by klm19: 11:19am On Sep 03, 2020
Ahmed0336:
Not again!!!!

I think it's high time all houses in this corn-tree be searched.
Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by WuzzyTech: 11:21am On Sep 03, 2020
grin grin many are mad but some are crazy
Re: Katsina Man Keeps Son, 16, In Cage For Four Years - Picture by Powerfly(f): 11:23am On Sep 03, 2020
Just like the way bubu is caging the whole economy up. see i said bubu.. I didn't mention anyone's name o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gunmen Invade Mambilla Cultural Dance In Taraba, Shoot Many Dead (Graphic Photos / Retired Headmistress Shot Dead In Benin By Teenage Cultist (pic) / Mother Burst Into Tears As Her Son's Corpse Is Brought Home After Protest. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.