Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona (44269 Views)

Everton Stay Up On A Dramatic PL Final Day, While Leicester And Leeds Relegated / Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note / Jude Ighalo Has Not Reversed His Decision To Retire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by ogbiwa: 7:43am On Sep 03, 2020
Lionel Messi faces a defining day in his career amid reports he is considering a U-turn over his decision to leave Barcelona.

A crunch meeting between Messi's dad Jorge and Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu reportedly ended in a stalemate on Wednesday, with no agreement reached over the wantaway forward's future.

Messi's camp have claimed the six-time Ballon d'Or winner can leave the Nou Camp for free this summer, while Barca have insisted that is not the case - and have been backed in their stance by La Liga.

And now Messi is considering a dramatic U-turn, according to the same source in Argentina which first broke news of the 33-year-old's transfer request.

The man regarded by many as the game's greatest ever player is now considering seeing out the remaining year of his contract, according to TyC Sports.

Renowned in Argentina for its reliable reports, TyC Sports claimed senior figures at the club have pleaded with Messi to stay, and that he will spend Thursday considering his options.

Reports from Messi's homeland have also claimed he is now "90% likely to stay" - which if true will be a blow to Manchester City after reports the forward was poised for a fairytale reunion with his former Barca boss Pep Guardiola.

Earlier, a report from TyC Sports cited by Spanish publication Marca had claimed that Jorge Messi had told Bartomeu "My son isn't staying at Barcelona".

But the Catalan giants do not appear willing to budge on their assertion that they are due a transfer fee of €700m (£621m) if Messi is to leave the Nou Camp.

And if the reports from Argentina are to be believed, then it appears the club's intransigence could force their best player to stay for at least another season.

As well as City, Paris-Saint Germain and Juventus are also reportedly in the hunt for Messi.

A move to the Ligue 1 champions or the Serie A kings would open up the tantalising prospect of Messi teaming up with either Kylian Mbappe and his former Barca teammate Neymar, or his great rival Cristiano Ronaldo.

Inter Milan have also been linked with a move for Messi, although the club's sporting director Piero Ausilio has indicated that the Serie A giants would not be able to afford him.

Messi's dad said staying at Barcelona would be "difficult" for his son when quizzed by reporters on his arrival in the city on Wednesday.

Interviewed by Cuatro Deportes, he was asked whether going to City was "a good option" and replied: "I don't know. There is still nothing.

When it was put to him that Guardiola had said it would be best if his son stayed at Barcelona, Messi Snr said: "I have not spoken to Pep. I have not spoken to anyone."

He was then asked how he saw Messi's future at Barcelona, and replied: "Difficult, difficult."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lionel-messi-u-turn-barcelona-22620848

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by Beverlyjean(f): 7:50am On Sep 03, 2020
Lol ...whr are the messi enthusiasts.... goal.com was busy feeding them illusional dreams... even his dad and agent disclaimed he had any discussions with city... how can u messi fans b so dumb not to understand the regiments of football business... they can't discuss with any other team if uts not sanctioned by barca ... barca will have to agree first b4 they discuss personal terms with any club... this is y messi fans are delusional and illogical.... messi fans are mostly not smart or too biased and blind to see the truth ... abd when y try to explain to them , they rain insults .... they act like village illiterates when u converse with them...

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by CoalcityBoi: 7:50am On Sep 03, 2020
we know that he ain't going anywhere

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:50am On Sep 03, 2020
Hahahaha grin

Dis life no balance at all for soccer fans o!

And Man City play their first premier league game in 2 weeks from now!

And some Former Barca Fans are already buying Man City jerseys ooooo........

Messi Fans right now..........

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by money121(m): 7:50am On Sep 03, 2020
Ok
Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by Petersamuel8(m): 7:50am On Sep 03, 2020
This Messi guy is very indecisive in his decisions, I always knew from the unset he will end up staying with Barca, he did it twice with Argentina.

As at last week the odd for him to stay with Barca na 14,if to say I stake 1k I for Don get extra 13k in just 1week

24 Likes

Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by Galactico4ever(m): 7:51am On Sep 03, 2020
He's definitely staying.La Liga can't lose Messi like they lost Ronaldo else their TV ratings and viewership will crumble.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by mannobi(m): 7:51am On Sep 03, 2020
Whether he stays or not it still won't make Barcelona to win the league or champions league

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by whatmoreng: 7:51am On Sep 03, 2020
This drama is now becoming boring

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by ProfAmaben(m): 7:51am On Sep 03, 2020
Messi, you are more confused than a dog on heat. Whatever you wanna do, pls do and stop disturbing us.

I 8-2 say this.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by bglarry(m): 7:51am On Sep 03, 2020
Confused
Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by oluwadabira222(m): 7:51am On Sep 03, 2020
He is not going anywhere before na

3 Likes

Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by londonderry2: 7:51am On Sep 03, 2020
It can no happen o, Messi must go
Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by CoalcityBoi: 7:51am On Sep 03, 2020
we know that he ain't going anywhere

2 Likes

Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by aremuforlife(m): 7:51am On Sep 03, 2020
There is a forewarned message, I believe he will yield to the warning and sit back.
The reason why many relationship breaks today is because, we refuse to let go grudges from the previous relationship, it always affects the fresh relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by Bobotic(m): 7:51am On Sep 03, 2020
I 8-2 say this shocked

His Village People Too Strong grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by Galactico4ever(m): 7:51am On Sep 03, 2020
post=93518129:
Hahahaha grin
What's funny?
Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by Satoshi9ja: 7:51am On Sep 03, 2020
T.B Joshua has spoken to this one.

Meanwhile Join
The most popular Digital Skill Masterclass

*Learn over Ten high valued digital skills that can earn you over $100 dollars every month*

Follow through and it would end in dollars.

Limited space available. Join Today:
https:///DUprOq2FengGgamcbNhC97
Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by Nasrothschild1: 7:52am On Sep 03, 2020
Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by Larrycool1234(m): 7:52am On Sep 03, 2020
His problem

1 Like

Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by Roon9(m): 7:52am On Sep 03, 2020
Messi is just too confused for a human being

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by thoollz: 7:52am On Sep 03, 2020
I always knew he would stay, it's a contract and no matter how frustrating it looks, he has to see it out. Barcelona isn't willing to let him go, so definitely he'll stay back till next season. Most Nigerians use sentiment to judge issues and the funny part is they can't take what Messi is doing if they were in barca's shoes. If he decides to leave, he'll be the biggest loser with a court case and a fine...but if he sees out the remaining year on his contract, barca will lose and he'll walk away freely.

It doesn't matter how long he has served barca or what they have done for him. What matters is there's a binding agreement which has to be followed by both parties.

14 Likes

Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by Legalcriminal: 7:52am On Sep 03, 2020
This matter wan tire pesin like this, when I don already order for Mancity Jersey on Jumia.
Better be fake news cuz this man city the Goat � must play there to shut those stinky mouth.
Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by Goke7: 7:52am On Sep 03, 2020
After all the noise? abeg Messi no be man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by frankputer: 7:52am On Sep 03, 2020
na waoo, drama on top drama = saga
Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by jojofola: 7:52am On Sep 03, 2020
I promise you that this is the best time for Messi to leave.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:52am On Sep 03, 2020
Galactico4ever:
What's funny?
A Real Madrid fan is in pain all over again.
Better go back to sleep, seems Messi will continue to be your nightmare for years to come......

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by otobasin2323(m): 7:53am On Sep 03, 2020
lol he is going no where
Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by sotall(m): 7:53am On Sep 03, 2020
Na lie
Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by ogelekpomgam(m): 7:53am On Sep 03, 2020
Old man.If you want stay.. that's your cup of beans. undecided.His father 8-2 hear this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona by Amspecial: 7:53am On Sep 03, 2020
grin some people bin talk say all na distraction tactics from that 8-2 now e be like say na true

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ibrahimovic: I Want 70 Thousand Fans At San Siro, Otherwise I Won't Play! / Anthony Joshua Reacts To Lekki Shootings / World Cup: Croatia Vs Denmark - 1 - 1 (3 - 2 Penalties) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.