Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,379 members, 7,850,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:49 PM

How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? (960 Views)

How Do I Handle This Kind Of Woman? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by ThemanS: 10:37am On Sep 03, 2020
Hello Nairalanders i am back again. I created this account mainly for this kind of situation.

My Boss is a Contractor, and i am his manager, the problem here is my boss always like cutting coners and embarassing himself.

And the most painful thing about is whenever he got exposed, he will tell the whole world that i am the one who deceived him, but me and him knows whatsup.

Back to the matter.
My Boss have a very strong connection in (NEDCOM) so almost each year we use to win contracts sometimes multi million sometimes peanuts.

We happen to win a contract around April this year with a completion period of 2 months, but till date we havent finish the Job. And the worst part is we were paid half of the money just because we have connection.

I have been persuading him for almost a month to complete the contract but he keeps on posting me and telling me lies.

Deep down in me i know he dont want to finish the Job, he just want to get paid and abandone the project. I have warned him severally that if the Auditors got the wind of it, that will be the end of winning contracts in that Ministry, but he is not having any of it.

He told me i am just a kid that is how Nigeria is. Please how can this country move forward with the kind of elders we have? I am just confused, the supervisors keeps on calling me, that they will report our company, but my boss is adamant, he just want to Chop and clean mouth, while i am thinking of the future.

Besides abandoning contracts is what destroyed this country. I also regard this as Fraud, and fraud is the last thing i will engage in because i want to live with a clear conscience.

Alot of workers in that ministry hate him but he dont know. And if i tell him that so so so and so so so are your enemies they want to have a concrete evidence against you so that their boss will foreget about you, he will tell me not to worry, they cant to anything.
This time around the Top man in the Ministry refused to sign our request for payment. He insist on getting a full audit because he is always receiving complaints, and he want to clear his name, so that his co-wokers will not say he is having his own share of the Money.

When i told him about the latest development, he rebuked me and told me he is going to sack me. That i dont know anything. I am just tired. As i am typing this almost three people that worked for us called me about their balance. If i ask him to release money so that we will pay them, he will tell me to make the wait, until he got payed. And this people are not having any o it. They will say i am a thief, my boss paid them but i refused to give them the money. If they call him directly he will tell them to call me and ask me, cus he has already settled them through me.

This man is just using me as a cover to cheat people and i cant say he is lying cus he is my father. Even if i said he is lying nobody will beleive me.

Please Nairalanders how can i convince my Boss not to abandone the project? This is the Third project we are abdonding and chopping the money. I am tired i dont want to continue this way. He is even avoiding me these days just because i am putting pressure on him to fulfil his end of the bargain.
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by Officialgarri: 10:39am On Sep 03, 2020
Tell the people in the ministry to threaten him with an official letter of possible involvement/invitation by the EFCC.
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by Mariangeles(f): 10:42am On Sep 03, 2020
If he continues the way he's going, he'll come to ruins sooner than he thinks.
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by tesseract: 10:45am On Sep 03, 2020
Your motives are noble. But on the other hand, he is a representation of what's wrong with the country. Like he said... This is Nigeria. undecided
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 03, 2020
I can help you. What's the name of your company? Name the projects unfinished. Pm me the above info and I'll help you!
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by donbachi(m): 10:46am On Sep 03, 2020
Start looking for ways u can use him and climb.
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by Righteousness89(m): 11:00am On Sep 03, 2020
If I were in your Shoes, I would go to my Boss and Respectfully Speak Hard Bitter Truths about the Evil He is doing .

After that I will Respectfully tell Him that I am willing to Resign my Job with him.

If I see Positive Changes, we go ahead!
If I see no Change I Resign!

Life is a Personal Race!
Eternity is a Personal Matter!
Father will stand for son
Boss will not Stand for Employee!
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by ojun50(m): 11:04am On Sep 03, 2020
Op ur boss or ur father has you call am don give you bad name already
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by Vyzz: 11:26am On Sep 03, 2020
cool
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by Sage161(m): 12:00pm On Sep 03, 2020
Don't let your mind hold you back. Tell them the truth. Tell them what's up and be confident while telling them. Those people have to know what and who is delaying their payment because they worked for it. You have to go with the choice that scares you, because that is what is going to help you grow and in this case, is what would clear your name and protect your image. Concerning your dad or boss as you call him - It is sad but truthful that some people simply grow old, but never grow up.
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 03, 2020
That is why I like my igbo brothers. All the while you're with him is enough to save up and establish your own biz. But you kept answering Sir.

Drop his job and get yourself a life. Also be careful so those he's cheating dont plan and harm you.
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by Sage161(m): 12:15pm On Sep 03, 2020
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by GboyegaD(m): 1:05pm On Sep 03, 2020
Save your face and resign. Such a person wouldn't change until he meets his waterloo and he might drag you down with him since he's already dragging your name into his shady practices.
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by LadySarah: 1:34pm On Sep 03, 2020
This is a very difficult situation. You are invariably doing his dirty jobs for him but your conscience won't let you.

Go to the ppl involved and tell them to issue him a letter claiming to come auditing.

This is what the NDdc is suffering today.

Because of ppl like him.
How do they sleep at night?
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by ThemanS: 2:07pm On Sep 03, 2020
ojun50:
Op ur boss or ur father has you call am don give you bad name already
i swear he don cast me finish!
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by ThemanS: 2:12pm On Sep 03, 2020
please move to frontpage. I am very confused right now.

I dont want to expose him cus he is my father but he is using me to cheat people. Now if an audit is conducted and he is found wanting, he will tell everyone that i his son and manager is the one that short changed him. He will make sure he cleared his name and transfer the blame to me, i am tired of taking responsibilities that arent mine.

please move to fp for wider audience and suggestion.
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by MAGG0T(m): 2:20pm On Sep 03, 2020
cheesy

Not only ur dad tried to act smart, he is heartless too.
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by StPete: 5:32pm On Sep 03, 2020
ThemanS:
please move to frontpage. I am very confused right now.

I dont want to expose him cus he is my father but he is using me to cheat people. Now if an audit is conducted and he is found wanting, he will tell everyone that i his son and manager is the one that short changed him. He will make sure he cleared his name and transfer the blame to me, i am tired of taking responsibilities that arent mine.

please move to fp for wider audience and suggestion.

You are obviously not ready. If you are ready, you would definitely resign that position before you get jailed for a crime you didn't commit since you already know he will shift the blame on you
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by Exmilitant(m): 6:20pm On Sep 03, 2020
Arrest him with EFCC.
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by frozen70(f): 7:02am On Sep 04, 2020
ThemanS:
Hello Nairalanders i am back again. I created this account mainly for this kind of situation.

My Boss is a Contractor, and i am his manager, the problem here is my boss always like cutting coners and embarassing himself.

And the most painful thing about is whenever he got exposed, he will tell the whole world that i am the one who deceived him, but me and him knows whatsup.

Back to the matter.
My Boss have a very strong connection in (NEDCOM) so almost each year we use to win contracts sometimes multi million sometimes peanuts.

We happen to win a contract around April this year with a completion period of 2 months, but till date we havent finish the Job. And the worst part is we were paid half of the money just because we have connection.

I have been persuading him for almost a month to complete the contract but he keeps on posting me and telling me lies.

Deep down in me i know he dont want to finish the Job, he just want to get paid and abandone the project. I have warned him severally that if the Auditors got the wind of it, that will be the end of winning contracts in that Ministry, but he is not having any of it.

He told me i am just a kid that is how Nigeria is. Please how can this country move forward with the kind of elders we have? I am just confused, the supervisors keeps on calling me, that they will report our company, but my boss is adamant, he just want to Chop and clean mouth, while i am thinking of the future.

Besides abandoning contracts is what destroyed this country. I also regard this as Fraud, and fraud is the last thing i will engage in because i want to live with a clear conscience.

Alot of workers in that ministry hate him but he dont know. And if i tell him that so so so and so so so are your enemies they want to have a concrete evidence against you so that their boss will foreget about you, he will tell me not to worry, they cant to anything.
This time around the Top man in the Ministry refused to sign our request for payment. He insist on getting a full audit because he is always receiving complaints, and he want to clear his name, so that his co-wokers will not say he is having his own share of the Money.

When i told him about the latest development, he rebuked me and told me he is going to sack me. That i dont know anything. I am just tired. As i am typing this almost three people that worked for us called me about their balance. If i ask him to release money so that we will pay them, he will tell me to make the wait, until he got payed. And this people are not having any o it. They will say i am a thief, my boss paid them but i refused to give them the money. If they call him directly he will tell them to call me and ask me, cus he has already settled them through me.

This man is just using me as a cover to cheat people and i cant say he is lying cus he is my father. Even if i said he is lying nobody will beleive me.

Please Nairalanders how can i convince my Boss not to abandone the project? This is the Third project we are abdonding and chopping the money. I am tired i dont want to continue this way. He is even avoiding me these days just because i am putting pressure on him to fulfil his end of the bargain.

To be frank, just leave that man the way you met him ,it has water deep into his system and nothing will change him unless he stops getting the contract

The more you bulge him the more he sees you as his friendly enemy

It's eith you over look him or you leave him for another job

Don't be surprise he is not eating alone other members in the ministry may have been scratching his back
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by usj(m): 7:27am On Sep 04, 2020
Is he your biological father? I perfectly understand what it means to be forced into lying to clients and vendors.

Wanting to change that man is mission impossible, he is to old to change.

On the other hand, looking out for another job or starting your own company if you can should be your priority now.

That man will only destroy the reputation you've walked so hard for, and you will always be the fall guy, the sacrificial lamb should EFCC come knocking.

He is a fraud. He is one of those stealing the fishes of the future generations.

Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by xtratagem(m): 7:43am On Sep 04, 2020
Your father is destroying your future instead of building it.
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by xtratagem(m): 7:44am On Sep 04, 2020
Your father is destroying your future instead of building it. He's selfish
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by Tillatalk: 9:07am On Sep 04, 2020
Did you say your father
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by merieam16(f): 10:51am On Sep 04, 2020
This one strong o cos it involves ur father.
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by ecolime(m): 9:37pm On Sep 04, 2020
Dishonest and greedy people everywhere. We need a thorough national re-orientation in this country. Your father/boss is a thief.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by SKhanmi: 11:38pm On Sep 04, 2020
That type never goes down alone, act fast. Choose to be clear & blunt so everyone knows where you stand.
Re: How Can I Handle A Corrupt Father?? by id4sho(m): 8:00am On Sep 05, 2020
y

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Cleaner Drinks Water Inside A Toilet To Show She Cleans It Well (video) / Nanny/domestic Assistant Urgently Needed / Get Your Original Aju Mbaise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.