Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,574 members, 7,840,370 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

African Players Falsify Their Ages: True Or False? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / African Players Falsify Their Ages: True Or False? (9647 Views)

10 Footballers Who Look Way Older Than Their Ages / Why Man Utd Don't Sign African Players / Our Lost African Players! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Players Falsify Their Ages: True Or False? by davidif: 1:46am On May 29, 2008
Marosky; C. Ronaldo is originally from Brazil!!! are you kidding me? Obviously you know nothing about football, C.Ronaldo is from Portugal (born and raised) so are his parents, don't let the name Ronaldo fool you, his father named him after Ronald Reagan. In fact he was born in Madiera in Portugal so i don't know where you get your data from.

Concerning Messi, when messi came to Barca when he was 12 he was deemed too small that they had to inject him with a steady supply of human growth hormones (HGH) because he had a hormonal deficiency that's why he grew up (and he still isn't big enough). Now for you to say that Messi is overage simply because he is so good at such a young stage or that he is south american and therefore he automatically falsified his age is simply ignorant. If he falsified his age those treatments might have an adverse effect on him. By the way, if you're wondering because south america is not europe does not mean that they are as backward as we are (some are though) but a lot of the South American countries are more developed than we are, if you like go research them on the web, they have a better GDP and PCI than we have especially Brazil and Argentina.

By the way if you didn't know,  they have a way of testing peoples ages through bone marrow testing but unfortunately its only accurate to within a couple of months that's why FIFA is not using it. You remember that they wanted to test Taye Taiwo when he was transfering to a club after the WYC but the club stipulated that he do a bone marrow test but he declined because he knew his age was false.

I am not saying that Africans do not cheat.but it is not as bad as some of us think it is.One more thing is that we are not the only ones into that shit.

Also, because other countries cheat doesn't mean that we should, its not about them its about us. You should never do something simply because other people are doing it, you do it because its the right thing to do. One should never do something foreign to his nature or character or you lose your soul or your essence as a human being.
Re: African Players Falsify Their Ages: True Or False? by marosky(m): 10:07am On May 30, 2008
okay.
Re: African Players Falsify Their Ages: True Or False? by davidif: 11:06pm On Jul 14, 2009
They are soon about to start catching them.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-296443.0.html
Re: African Players Falsify Their Ages: True Or False? by dyabman(m): 11:15pm On Jul 14, 2009
Africans cheat, especially westen part and few from southern africa, EUROPEANS are cleansheet, Americans are almost as the europeans , Asians are more like the africans,
Re: African Players Falsify Their Ages: True Or False? by biola44: 11:23am On Jul 15, 2009
;d
Re: African Players Falsify Their Ages: True Or False? by kabna(m): 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2009
This thread has been interesting, funny and shows me that most of Africans at least Nigerians and Ghanaians ( being a Ghanaian myself) understand our problems but due to neglected leadership at all levels, the African continent is suffering.

Most people here know that wahala makes it hard for you to focus. Most of the African footballers will struggle in life till they peak between 24-30.

Eh its hard so they have to lie to make money at least big money in football.

The Africans born in Europe often it is their real age, why? because they have access to good infrastructure.

In Africa or poorer regions infracstructure hmmm is less to be desired.

Look at the north African countries, we know they have relatively good infrastructure including football than sub Saharan Africa so as you notice, most of their players hardly even travel abroad. Though playing in their leagues does not earn you big as Europe, it far better than sub saharan may be excluding south africa and others.

so the problem is to do with bad economic state . If economy improves, or if corrupt leaders stop being corrupt and focus resources where it is needed, the lie in football will decrease until we are apar wiv Europe when it might stop. Although some will still lie but my point is this issue is linked to our economic development.
i hope u see my point.
Re: African Players Falsify Their Ages: True Or False? by davidif: 7:13am On Sep 03, 2009
29 OF 35 Players were tested as overage.
Re: African Players Falsify Their Ages: True Or False? by chic2pimp(m): 7:37am On Sep 03, 2009
@ poster of course yes ke. Shey u believe fat,gulder drinking pot belly yakubu is actually 26-27years old. Is Aghawonder really as young as he claims. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Hockey Players / Nigeria Ex Eagles Star Okey Isima Dies At 56 / Okagbare Wins Silver In Long Jump At World Athletics Championship, Moscow 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.