Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? (17370 Views)

Why Is Islam Afraid Of Atheism (and Apostasy)? / Bidha And Sin In Islam / Artificial Insemination To Get A Child: Is It A Sin In Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Lukgaf(m): 5:12am On Sep 04, 2020
The ruling of execution because of a word that somebody utters is what the Muslim scholars call al-riddah (apostasy).
What is apostasy and what constitutes apostasy?
What is the ruling on the apostate (al-murtadd)?

"Islam is a true religion not like a shop or store which a person can enter when he wants and leave when he wants, thus encouraging others to forsake the truth."

1 – Riddah (apostasy) refers to when a Muslim becomes a disbeliever by saying a clear statement to that effect, or by uttering words which imply that (i.e., which imply kufr or disbelief), or he does something that implies that (i.e., an action which implies kufr or disbelief).

2 – What constitutes apostasy

The matters which constitute apostasy are divided into four categories:

(a)Apostasy in beliefs, such as associating others with Allaah, denying Him, or denying an attribute which is proven to be one of His attributes, or by affirming that Allaah has a son. Whoever believes that is an apostate and a disbeliever.

(b)Apostasy in words, such as insulting Allaah or the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

(c)Apostasy in actions, such as throwing the Qur’an into a filthy place, because doing that shows disrespect towards the words of Allaah, so it is a sign that one does not believe. Other such actions include prostrating to an idol or to the sun or moon.

(d)Apostasy by omission, such as not doing any of the rituals of Islam, or turning away from following it altogether.

3 – What is the ruling on the apostate?

If a Muslim apostatizes and meets the conditions of apostasy – i.e., he is of sound mind, an adult and does that of his own free will – then his blood may be shed with impunity. He is to be executed by the Muslim ruler or by his deputy – such as the qaadi or judge, and he is not to not be washed (after death, in preparation for burial), the funeral prayer is not to be offered for him and he is not to be buried with the Muslims.

The evidence that the apostate is to be executed is the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Whoever changes his religion, execute him.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2794). What is meant by religion here is Islam (i.e., whoever changes from Islam to another religion).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It is not permissible to shed the blood of a Muslim who bears witness that there is no god except Allaah and that I am His Messenger, except in one of three cases: a soul for a soul (i.e., in the case of murder); a married man who commits adultery; and one who leaves his religion and splits form the jamaa’ah (main group of Muslims).” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6878; Muslim, 1676)

See al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah, 22/180.

Thus it will be clear to you that execution of the apostate is something that is commanded by Allaah, when he commanded us to obey the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Obey Allaah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority”

[al-Nisa’ 4:59]

And the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has commanded us to execute the apostate as in the hadeeth quoted above: “Whoever changes his religion, execute him.”

It may need some time for you to be convinced about this matter, and for you to think about it. Perhaps you think that if a person follows the truth and enters into it and embraces the one true religion which Allaah has enjoined, then we allow him to leave it quite easily whenever he wants and to utter the words of kufr (disbelief) that put him outside of Islam, so he can reject Allaah, His Messenger, His Books and His religion, and there is no punishment as deterrent, how will that affect him and others who enter the religion?

Do you not see that this would make the one true religion, that everyone should follow, like a shop or store which a person can enter when he wants and leave when he wants, and it may encourage others to forsake the truth.

Moreover, this is not someone who has never known the truth and practiced it and worshipped in accordance with it; rather this is a person who has known the truth, and practiced the religion and done the rituals of worship, so the punishment is no greater than he deserves. Moreover, such strong rulings as this are only applied to such a person whose life is no longer considered to be useful, because he knew the truth and followed the religion, then he left it and forsook it. What soul can be more evil than the soul of such a person?

In conclusion, the answer is that Allaah is the One Who revealed this religion and enjoined it. He is the One Who ruled that the one who enters it and then leaves it is to be executed. This ruling does not come from the Muslims’ ideas or suggestions. As this is the case, then we must follow the ruling of Allaah so long as we are content to accept Him as our Lord and God.

May Allaah help us and you to do that which He loves and which pleases Him. We thank you once again.

Peace be upon those who follow true guidance.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/20327/why-is-the-apostate-to-be-executed-in-islam

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Kherdija(f): 6:48am On Sep 04, 2020
Oh Allah,I ask for your protection from making shrik with you while i know,and I ask your forgiveness for what i did not know.

19 Likes

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Xmuslim: 9:15am On Sep 04, 2020
Insecure religion.

A religion that doesn't agree to the freedom of choice. Is that one true religion

210 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Xmuslim: 9:19am On Sep 04, 2020
Kherdija:
Oh Allah,I ask for your protection from making shrik with you while i know,and I ask your forgiveness for what i did not know.
you think a religion that kill people just because they leave it is from God? Snap out of it

162 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Xmuslim: 9:28am On Sep 04, 2020
Lukgaf:

"Islam is a true religion not like a shop or store which a person can enter when he wants and leave when he wants, thus encouraging others to forsake the truth."

But people are free to leave other religion for Islam right? How do you guys think?

Self Righteousness is one of the problems of abrahamic religions. You always think your own religion is the ultimate truth

116 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by OtemAtum: 9:32am On Sep 04, 2020
:
If a Muslim apostatizes and meets the conditions of apostasy – i.e., he is of sound mind, an adult and does that of his own free will – then his blood may be shed with impunity. He is to be executed by the Muslim ruler or by his deputy – such as the qaadi or judge, and he is not to not be washed (after death, in preparation for burial), the funeral prayer is not to be offered for him and he is not to be buried with the Muslims.

This op thinks we are still in the 6th century. Have you not been told that most of the evil supported by religious gods like Jehovah and Allah are now being checked by a civilised world of ours? Slave trading, stoning people to death for adultery, commiting paedophile like Mohammed, religious intolerance, killing for blasphemy, etc which Jehovah and Allah are in support of are now being abolished by modern and civilised brain, yet you are bringing us back to the past errors of religion.

As a matter of fact, Allah and Jehovah, the chief gods of the two major earth religion are currently held captive in a spiritual cage by the gods of science, so Op, do not drag us backward. Peace.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Xmuslim: 9:42am On Sep 04, 2020
Lukgaf:
In conclusion, the answer is that Allaah is the One Who revealed this religion and enjoined it. He is the One Who ruled that the one who enters it and then leaves it is to be executed. This ruling does not come from the Muslims’ ideas or suggestions. As this is the case, then we must follow the ruling of Allaah so long as we are content to accept Him as our Lord and God.

So do you think your imaginary Allah is fair in this regard

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Lukgaf(m): 9:56am On Sep 04, 2020
We do not think so. That is the truth. Islam is the true religion. Do your research wella
Xmuslim:

But people are free to leave other religion for Islam right? How do you guys think?

Self Righteousness is one of the problems of abrahamic religions. You always think your own religion is the ultimate truth

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by EyezofGod120: 10:05am On Sep 04, 2020
But killing is not a sin to dem

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Abalado(f): 10:05am On Sep 04, 2020
Apos what?

1 Like

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by chuose2: 10:09am On Sep 04, 2020
Apostasy is punishable by death in Islam

If you leave Islam for Christianity you are considered an apostate

[img]https://1.bp..com/-gefnAIqkLqo/XK9b99iJrHI/AAAAAAAABmE/IuI7jVVqteE903d_0wmzp5VHpvLT_tzogCEwYBhgL/s1600/kadaria00.JPG[/img]

Which means you are not worshiping the god of islam,
indirectly confirming the Christian God is not the same as the islamic allah

And we know that the Christian God is the Jewish God, which is not the islamic allah

hence we can say that allah is not the same as God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG0h5cR_HnA

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by AkwaIbomMan(m): 10:11am On Sep 04, 2020
[s]
Kherdija:
[/s]

18 Likes

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by AkwaIbomMan(m): 10:12am On Sep 04, 2020
Xmuslim:
Insecure religion.

A religion that doesn't agree to the freedom of choice. Is that one true religion
you're an apostate and deserves to be stoned to death grin according to the laws of Prophet Mohammed (CBUH)

8 Likes

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Spontaneous007: 10:12am On Sep 04, 2020
Akpos come and see

3 Likes

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Dominiqueismad: 10:12am On Sep 04, 2020
Is killing fellow human not a grievous sin?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by div111(m): 10:12am On Sep 04, 2020
grin religion of piss

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by AkwaIbomMan(m): 10:13am On Sep 04, 2020
[s]
OtemAtum:

This op thinks we are still in the 6th century. Have you not been told that most of the evil supported by religious gods like Jehovah and Allah are now being checked by a civilised world of ours? Slave trading, stoning people to death for adultery, commiting paedophile like Mohammed, religious intolerance, killing for blasphemy, etc which Jehovah and Allah are in support of are now being abolished by modern and civilised brain, yet you are bringing us back to the past errors of religion.

As a matter of fact, Allah and Jehovah, the chief gods of the two major earth religion are currently held captive in a spiritual cage by the gods of science, so Op, do not drag us backward. Peace.
[/s]keep shut and leave Jehovah out of your stupidity

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by AkwaIbomMan(m): 10:13am On Sep 04, 2020
div111:
grin religion of piss
you nor dey fear ban?

2 Likes

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by AkwaIbomMan(m): 10:15am On Sep 04, 2020
Lukgaf:
We do not think so. That is the truth. Islam is the true religion. Do your research wella
it's a true religion according to the lies you inherited from your parents and they in turn inherited that deception from their fore fathers

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by sam4noow(m): 10:15am On Sep 04, 2020
and you still kill by fighting for Allah..
islambad

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by IMAliyu(m): 10:17am On Sep 04, 2020
The level of lack of self awareness.

5 Likes

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by oluwaseyi0: 10:21am On Sep 04, 2020
doesn't that mean boko haram are the true pracitioner of islam

so you accept people who comes in from other religion but murder the people who leave to other religion or no-religion

so if someone born as a muslim decide that Islam is not his thing you mean you people will kidnap and murder him? and how do you do this? you use instrument of states, a religion that can't survive without government, isn't that why full islamic states are never free of violence

But i put it to you that this things doesn't happen in south west, I have so many christian friends that left thier parent islam religion and they are fine, yoruba parent will only advice you not to leave but he will accept and respect your final decision; so also I personally know a pastor son who is now a practising muslim and his father still remains a pastor

islam need to do better this is 21st century, 22nd century is fast approaching

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Xmuslim: 10:26am On Sep 04, 2020
OtemAtum:

Iove this post

4 Likes

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by sulasa07(m): 10:27am On Sep 04, 2020
Lukgaf:
The ruling of execution because of a word that somebody utters is what the Muslim scholars call al-riddah (apostasy).
What is apostasy and what constitutes apostasy?
What is the ruling on the apostate (al-murtadd)?

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/20327/why-is-the-apostate-to-be-executed-in-islam
So,You support killing Muslims leaving Islam but you support and accept Non Muslims who become Muslims,isn't this a high form of Hypocrisy.Should Christianity and other religions too now make Apostasy laws too.
Stop Making Treason law into Apostasy law.
If Prophet Muhammad had killed all Non Muslims,I don't know who would have become Muslims today

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Xmuslim: 10:28am On Sep 04, 2020
Lukgaf:
this single law of apostay is enough for any rational human to leave Islam.

By the way, I was a Muslim for your information. I am happy I left the cult.

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by sulasa07(m): 10:30am On Sep 04, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
it's a true religion according to the lies you inherited from your parents and they in turn inherited that deception from their fore fathers
It's more than likely his parents/grandparents were actually Traditional worshippers

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Rilwayne001: 10:30am On Sep 04, 2020
The TRUTH never need FORCE to validate itself. You don't need to enforce anyone to validate the truth. Hence 'THERE'S NO COMPULSION IN RELIGION'.

The ruling on killing those who leave Islam in a generally Islamic State makes sense, albeit for the sole reason he tries to spread his cancer amongst other Ummah. But in this case, nothing of such is evident.

And killing a mad man for his madness doesn't help him or give him second chance. And even so, an insult to the attributes of a supreme GOD. Because God Almighty in beyond all these petty things. Only the human mind would bring itself this low.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by tuntech2000: 10:30am On Sep 04, 2020
I now know why Boko Haram kill people. What is the difference between killing someone who left the religion and the person that has not join (i.e Christians)?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by AbdulSleeky: 10:32am On Sep 04, 2020
Cc

Progressive muslims abrogate the violent verses in the Quran and hadith. They dont believe in killing apostates or blasphemers. These are muslims that live happily with christians and atheists. You can see them in cities.

But many of our nairaland muslims are conservative fundamentalist muslims who believe in the violent verses. They believe that anyone who goes against islam should be punished severely.

They will try to hide or keep silent on this matter to non-muslims. below are their names-

Stalwert
rilwayne001
rashduct4luv
empiree
sino
lanrexlan

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by sulasa07(m): 10:33am On Sep 04, 2020
Most of people that leave Islam is as results of mainly two things,
1: Financial issues
2:The action of some stupid Muslims (Like this Op)

3 Likes

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by AbdulSleeky: 10:34am On Sep 04, 2020
sulasa07:
Most of people that leave Islam is as results of mainly two things,
1: Financial issues
2:The action of some stupid Muslims (Like this Op)

3. Reading and knowledge.

Knowledge that all religions are man-made and fallible.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam? by Xmuslim: 10:35am On Sep 04, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
you're an apostate and deserves to be stoned to death grin according to the laws of Prophet Mohammed (CBUH)
Muhammad was not balanced mentally. He was a deluded human albeit smart.

36 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Check Solat Time Without Watch Or Any Software / The Correct Hijab – Hands And Face Covered Or Not? / Ibadan Chief Imam, Sheikh AbdulGaniyu Leads Eid Prayer (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.