Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,117 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Scam Alert - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Scam Alert (625 Views)

Scam Alert! Adam Tijani With The Phone Number, 07011435598, Is A Notorious Thief / Scam Alert!!! Warning Against Doing Business With Jocarol Nig Ltd. / SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam Alert by Mrsprof(f): 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2020
Please Nairalanders, how do I recover my money from an online vendor? It happened that I made some orders from this online vendor on her IG. It's almost three weeks now and I have not received any of the items I paid for from her. After back and forth threats, she finally transfer 40% of the money I paid, she's now claiming that her account has issues so I will have to wait till she sorts the issues before she can pay the remaining balance. But from my observations, I don't believe her because from day one she has never been truthful, she refused sending me my items and now thesame account she used to transfer part of my money suddenly have issues. Now she doesn't answer my calls or reply my messages. She has even blocked me on Whatsapp. Please guys I will appreciate some ideas on how to handle this, I have never had this kind of issues before, so I really don't know what to do now. The balance is big so I can't just let it go.
Re: Scam Alert by Mide3367: 10:24pm On Sep 05, 2020
Another one . Please put her Instagram account here so people don't fall victim... I doubt u can get the money back
Re: Scam Alert by Johnrake69: 10:32pm On Sep 05, 2020
Mrsprof:
Please Nairalanders, how do I recover my money from an online vendor? It happened that I made some orders from this online vendor on her IG. It's almost three weeks now and I have not received any of the items I paid for from her. After back and forth threats, she finally transfer 40% of the money I paid, she's now claiming that her account has issues so I will have to wait till she sorts the issues before she can pay the remaining balance. But from my observations, I don't believe her because from day one she has never been truthful, she refused sending me my items and now thesame account she used to transfer part of my money suddenly have issues. Now she doesn't answer my calls or reply my messages. She has even blocked me on Whatsapp. Please guys I will appreciate some ideas on how to handle this, I have never had this kind of issues before, so I really don't know what to do now. The balance is big so I can't just let it go.

If it's same bank it would have been easier. The banks don't really act when it's a different bank. They will keep posting you with the talk of waiting for response from the beneficiary's bank

But why are you not mentioning the Instagram handle?
Re: Scam Alert by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 05, 2020
How much is involved ?
Re: Scam Alert by SavageResponse(m): 1:11am On Sep 06, 2020
Mrsprof:

With all the stories of scams flying around I still don't understand how a person can transfer money to someone he/she has never met nor done business with before!
Re: Scam Alert by Johnrake69: 1:54am On Sep 06, 2020
SavageResponse:

With all the stories of scams flying around I still don't understand how a person can transfer money to someone he/she has never met nor done business with before!

You should be more concerned about people being bold enough to still use their bank account in this era of Bvn to still commit fraud. Our banks needs to take online shopping fraud complaints seriously to help build more confidence in the sector

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert by Mrsprof(f): 12:13pm On Sep 06, 2020
SavageResponse:

Most online vendors,it's payment before delivery. I have been buying things online for years now and I have never had this kind of of issue. Well I blamed myself for not checking her number of followers on IG before trusting her with my money. I just need solutions on how to get back my balance from her.
Thanks for responding though
Re: Scam Alert by Mrsprof(f): 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2020
Johnrake69:

If it's same bank it would have been easier. The banks don't really act when it's a different bank. They will keep posting you with the talk of waiting for response from the beneficiary's bank

But why are you not mentioning the Instagram handle?

I thought about reporting to her bank because I have all her account details. I don't know if that will help.
About mentioning her IG handle, I gave her till Wednesday next week to refund me, I hope she complies but she doesn't then I will have to drag her name
Re: Scam Alert by Mrsprof(f): 12:25pm On Sep 06, 2020
Mide3367:
Another one . Please put her Instagram account here so people don't fall victim... I doubt u can get the money back

I gave her till Wednesday to refund me the balance, if she fails then I post her handle here. I hope she complies though.
Re: Scam Alert by Johnrake69: 12:47pm On Sep 06, 2020
Mrsprof:

I thought about reporting to her bank because I have all her account details. I don't know if that will help.
About mentioning her IG handle, I gave her till Wednesday next week to refund me, I hope she complies but she doesn't then I will have to drag her name

Go to your bank and file a complaint about it. Your bank will open up communications with the beneficiary's bank. Post no debit will be placed on the account until the merchant comes to sort out the complaint against her. Go with all the details of the transaction. I'm really interested in this because they are same people making online transactions difficult for many of us.

A client of mine from Ghana once paid an online merchant for some shoes and bags to be sent to Accra. She transfered about 75k to the merchant. Immediately the merchant received the money she blocked my client on all her social media platforms. After this incident the client stopped buying things from even me that has always delivered her items to Accra. I couldn't help her pursue the case because she transacted directly with the merchant. It was when she was blocked that I was brought into the picture.

So in this case I will really like to see that she refund the money or she sends you the items you ordered for.

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert by Mrsprof(f): 6:52pm On Sep 06, 2020
Johnrake69:

Go to your bank and file a complaint about it. Your bank will open up communications with the beneficiary's bank. Post no debit will be placed on the account until the merchant comes to sort out the complaint against her. Go with all the details of the transaction. I'm really interested in this because they are same people making online transactions difficult for many of us.

A client of mine from Ghana once paid an online merchant for some shoes and bags to be sent to Accra. She transfered about 75k to the merchant. Immediately the merchant received the money she blocked my client on all her social media platforms. After this incident the client stopped buying things from even me that has always delivered her items to Accra. I couldn't help her pursue the case because she transacted directly with the merchant. It was when she was blocked that I was brought into the picture.

So in this case I will really like to see that she refund the money or she sends you the items you ordered for.

Thank you for the idea. I Will try that , though I know it won't be easy at all.
Honestly with this development it will be hard for me to transact online again.
Re: Scam Alert by Mrsprof(f): 10:29pm On Sep 08, 2020
So guys, the vendor has finally refunded all my outstanding. I had to go hard on her , showed her some of the moves I have started making already, that was how I got her attention. Long stories short, she has paid finally. I learnt a lot on this experience. God no go shame us grin
Thanks to everyone that replied kiss

2 Likes

Re: Scam Alert by Toma2: 6:12am On Sep 09, 2020
Mrsprof:
So guys, the vendor has finally refunded all my outstanding. I had to go hard on her , showed her some of the moves I have started making already, that was how I got her attention. Long stories short, she has paid finally. I learnt a lot on this experience. God no go shame us grin
Thanks to everyone that replied kiss
We still need her IG handle... Do you want us to fall for her scam embarassed
Re: Scam Alert by Mrsprof(f): 9:52pm On Sep 09, 2020
Toma2:

We still need her IG handle... Do you want us to fall for her scam embarassed

I really wish I could, since she has already settled me, I want to keep to my words. She has already changed her IG name and deleted all her posts. Only God knows how many people she has duped. Very unfortunate
Re: Scam Alert by Welllock: 3:51am On Sep 10, 2020
Mrsprof:

I really wish I could, since she has already settled me, I want to keep to my words. She has already changed her IG name and deleted all her posts. Only God knows how many people she has duped. Very unfortunate
why not drop the ig name to save others too..
Re: Scam Alert by Toma2: 2:07pm On Sep 10, 2020
Welllock:
why not drop the ig name to save others too..
The guy is wicked... Dem go scam am again

(1) (Reply)

Crowd1 Payout! / Help, I Can't Accept This Paypal Fund / Mti Has Five Income Streams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.