Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

I Need A Soldier For Protection - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / I Need A Soldier For Protection (600 Views)

Nigerian Soldier Celebrates His Birthday At The Battlefield (Photo) / A Gallant Nigerian Soldier Weds His Beautiful Wife [photos] / Today Is My Day, Wish A Soldier Happy Birthday (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Soldier For Protection by Alexander150: 6:38pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hello Everyone.
I have an event coming up and I want to have two or three soldiers there for protection for guests who'll sleep overnight.
The issue is I don't know the protocol for that.
Do I have to make it official by going to a barrack or a force headquarters or something or can I simply get a soldier that'll come with his friends and do it off the book.
Those that have experience with this kinda thing should offer some advice please.
Re: I Need A Soldier For Protection by heendrix(m): 6:42pm On Sep 04, 2020
Alexander150:
Hello Everyone.
I have an event coming up and I want to have two or three soldiers there for protection for guests who'll sleep overnight.
Do I have to make it official by going to a barrack or a force headquarters or something or can I simply get a soldier that'll come with his friends and do it off the book.
Those that have experience with this kinda thing should offer some advice please.

Oga that is not the duty of Soldiers

If I live near and I see any Regular on such duties I'll report them immediately, you guys don't really have to reduce Military's servicee to mere body guards to score cheap points sad

1 Like

Re: I Need A Soldier For Protection by Alexander150: 6:45pm On Sep 04, 2020
heendrix:

If I live near and I see any Regular on such duties I'll report them immediately, you guys don't really have to reduce Military's servicee to body guards to score cheap points sad
You're right, it should probably be left to the police but well this is Nigeria.
And this is not to score cheap point as they won't even be there during the day for people to see.
It's simply for guests staying the night as I stated clearly
I have a lot of high calibre people coming and I'm not about to risk it with the current situation in the country
Re: I Need A Soldier For Protection by bilionaire: 6:48pm On Sep 04, 2020
Approach the Nigerian Police as they do this as part of their duties. They are meant for any internal protection.

A soldier is meant for war, majorly to protect Nigeria from external threats.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Soldier For Protection by SocialJustice: 6:48pm On Sep 04, 2020
heendrix:

If I live near and I see any Regular on such duties I'll report them immediately, you guys don't really have to reduce Military's servicee to mere body guards to score cheap points sad
Lol, na this one want pain you. You should also stop every soldier doing security work out there.
Re: I Need A Soldier For Protection by kunle75(m): 6:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
Alexander150:
Hello Everyone.

If you live in Lagos go to Ikeja cantonment at Maryland they will direct you to the right office, go there with your program leaflet or invitation letter to show you have an event and you will be ask to pay some money in the bank and return bank copy to them ,your wish will be granted.

I did same sometimes ago.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Soldier For Protection by SocialJustice: 6:51pm On Sep 04, 2020
Alexander150:
Hello Everyone.
Look for any lodge or barracks where soldiers stay and meet their commanding officer. It is better you use police though because you could quickly get in serious trouble if things go wrong and soldier will deny you.
Re: I Need A Soldier For Protection by heendrix(m): 7:10pm On Sep 04, 2020
Alexander150:

You're right, it should probably be left to the police but well this is Nigeria.
And this is not to score cheap point as they won't even be there during the day for people to see.
It's simply for guests staying the night as I stated clearly
I have a lot of high calibre people coming and I'm not about to risk it with the current situation in the country

There are a number of security officers you can reach out to the likes of Civil defense, mobile police and Police officers

No unit commander would give such body guard order except on illegal duties and might be court Marshalled if caught. I wouldn't encourage that by the way

1 Like

Re: I Need A Soldier For Protection by heendrix(m): 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2020
SocialJustice:
Look for any lodge or barracks where soldiers stay and meet their commanding officer. It is better you use police though because you could quickly get in serious trouble if things go wrong and soldier will deny you.

Exactly cause it's an illegal duty with a serious penalty if caught by a superior officer plus if anything bad should happen which I don't pray for, that any Regular is injured or killed Op wount be free
Re: I Need A Soldier For Protection by Freestainworld(m): 7:44pm On Sep 04, 2020
the soldiers that will protect your guest or the one's you will end up protecting, don't let fear mislead you as you may end up exposing those important guest to danger, our military and paramilitary personnel are one of the biggest enemies we have at the moment, they can't be trusted.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Connections To Buy Scraps Equipment From Companies Ownners In Portharcout / Videographers Wanted! / Insight: Anc Centenary Cleansing (south Africa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.