Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,582 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

How Good Is A Tipper Business ? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Good Is A Tipper Business ? (2369 Views)

Tipper Business / Invest 3millioin And Get 10 Million In Lucrative Tipper Business / How Lucrative Is Tipper Business In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Good Is A Tipper Business ? by goldensoul55: 4:37pm On Sep 05, 2020
I am thinking of buying a tipper truck , someone has promised to get a good driver for me,
I heard it's a lucrative business , please I need all the advice that I can get I don't want to make any mistake . What are the risk involved ?
Re: How Good Is A Tipper Business ? by eazymoni: 4:48pm On Sep 05, 2020
it think it may depend on your location, I have a guy in jalingo where construction business is somewhat booming, he drives a tipper, the return is 50k a week, I don't know of other places.
Re: How Good Is A Tipper Business ? by Noloss(f): 4:53pm On Sep 05, 2020
If you can afford it and get a reliable driver, its a very good business. You cannot run out of cash.

1 Like

Re: How Good Is A Tipper Business ? by Skyfornia(m): 4:56pm On Sep 05, 2020
goldensoul55:
I am thinking of buying a tipper truck , someone has promised to get a good driver for me,
I heard it's a lucrative business , please I need all the advice that I can get I don't want to make any mistake . What are the risk involved ?

My guy was doing the business 5 years ago...he built his house from the proceeds he made from the business.

His driver was delivering 15k daily/5 days a week.

The price might have increased now..

The business is good in a developing city like Lagos and Asaba..where houses are built daily.
Re: How Good Is A Tipper Business ? by goldensoul55: 5:04pm On Sep 05, 2020
Skyfornia:

My guy was doing the business 5 years ago...he built his house from the proceeds he made from the business.

His driver was delivering 15k daily/5 days a week.

The price might have increased now..

The business is good in a developing city like Lagos and Asaba..where houses are built daily.

I live in a developing area and that's what actually inspired me
Re: How Good Is A Tipper Business ? by Skyfornia(m): 5:06pm On Sep 05, 2020
goldensoul55:

I live in a developing area and that's what actually inspired me

The only challenge I see is having a good and trusted driver.

2 Likes

Re: How Good Is A Tipper Business ? by haiti007(m): 5:12pm On Sep 05, 2020
Very lucrative in Lagos, but it's capital intensive.
Besides, getting the proper machanic for it is also a big challenge.

Most tippers drivers (not owners) i know of have completed their houses around Sango environs.

1 Like

Re: How Good Is A Tipper Business ? by goldensoul55: 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2020
Skyfornia:

The only challenge I see is having a good and trusted driver.

Ok thanks
Re: How Good Is A Tipper Business ? by SavageResponse(m): 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2020
goldensoul55:

Do not put your money in this business without first doing a thorough research to understand the risks involved.

Forget these armchair business men telling you to invest that it's very profitable and that they know people who built houses from it, they are only speaking based on hearsay and have never actually done this business before therefore they are making a lot of assumptions!

The fact about transport business and any business that brings in daily money in Nigeria is that you must be available to monitor and supervise your employees...if you're absent they will steal you blind.

Nigeria is such a corrupt country that most people have it as a personal ambition to scam you of your money once your attention is diverted, therefore I would not advise you to invest in this business if you or someone you trust will not be available to monitor the driver.

If you are in Lagos I would advise you go to Ota, Ilaro or Papalanto in Ogun State, you will see plenty of tippers along that axis because it's a major route for them.

Find out the following information

- The average cost of a tipper depending on if it's tokunbo or Nigerian used

- The best place to buy a tipper and the most suitable brand to buy whose parts are readily available in Nigeria at reasonable prices

- The average tonnage of a tipper depending on the number of tyres it has and the best size for the route you want your tipper to ply

- The documents or licences your tipper needs to have to avoid disturbances on the road

- The average cost of tyres and how frequently you will need to change them (Be aware that some drivers change your new tyres to old ones then convince you to give them money to buy a new tyre)

- The average quantity of diesel to be used per trip

- The number of days you need to set aside for maintenance each month

- The best type of sand or gravel to carry depending on the route to the quarry so as to reduce the rate of wear and tear on the tipper

Do not delegate this task, you must do the assignment yourself so you can have a better understanding of the business before you commit money to it.

Good luck!

5 Likes

Re: How Good Is A Tipper Business ? by goldensoul55: 10:24pm On Sep 05, 2020
SavageResponse:

Do not put your money in this business without first doing a thorough research to understand the risks involved.

Forget these armchair business men telling to invest that it's very profitable and that they know people who built houses from it, they are only speaking based on hearsay and have never actually done this business before therefore they are making a lot of assumptions!

The fact about transport business and any business that brings in daily money in Nigeria is that you must be available to monitor and supervise your employees...if you're absent they will steal you blind.

Nigeria is such a corrupt country that most people have it as a personal ambition to scam you of your money once your attention is diverted, therefore I would not advise you to invest in this business if you or someone you trust will not be available to monitor the driver.

If you are in Lagos I would advise you go to Ota, Ilaro or Papalanto, you will see plenty of tippers along that axis because it's a major route for them.

Find out the following information

- The average cost of a tipper depending on if it's tokunbo or Nigerian used

- The best place to buy a tipper and the most suitable brand to buy whose parts are readily available in Nigeria at reasonable prices

- The average tonnage of a tipper depending on the number of tyres it has and the best size for the route you want your tipper to ply

- The documents or licences your tipper needs to have to avoid disturbances on the road

- The average cost of tyres and how frequently you will need to change them (Be aware that some drivers change your new tyres to old ones then convince you to give them money to buy a new tyre)

- The average quantity of diesel to be used per trip

- The number of days you need to set aside for maintenance each month

- The best type of sand or gravel to carry depending on the route to the quarry so as to reduce the rate of wear and tear on the tipper

Do not delegate this task, you must do the assignment yourself so you can have a better understanding of the business before you commit money to it.

Good luck!

Thanks alot I really appreciate
Re: How Good Is A Tipper Business ? by Anthony20: 12:11am On Sep 06, 2020
They can say ALL these huge returns. When you get to the field the story will change.
But I have a business that requires the use of trailer daily.
If we can sign agreement it will be in the company and I pay you as agreed every month end
Anthony Oshogwe-08066255512

(1) (Reply)

200k To Invest / Free Crypto Phone Mining Apps / Please Help With A Business Idea I Can Start With Only 500,000 Thousand Naira.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.