Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not (1513 Views)

I Won At Bet9ja Today. But I Am Scared / Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" / Akin Alabi: My Mum's Driver Thought I Was A Yahoo Boy - Nairabet CEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by yommyk222(m): 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2020
Please Nairalander I don come with my problem again because I don't have idea of what to do, kindly overlook any error you see on the write-up please

I move to New house around September last year when the landlady ask me where i working I told her I am running a small business where I sale bags, Bluetooth and smartwatch. I guess the way she see it is that she assume I have a shop were I sale those items but I am running it 100% online.

Along the line I only go out to do Delivery 1-3 times per week before coronavirus take over, so for the past 6 months now I hardly step out of my room unless I want to go and buy food stuff in the market. But recently I notice that they see me as Yahoo boy since I m not going out from 6am to 6pm like other people and I am living almost comfortable.

Sometimes they do use it to joke with me that my own Yahoo no dey wear expensive clothes so that police will not harassed me I will just overlook it and smile but deep inside me I don't feel comfortable with those words. How can I handle things like this and make them understand that I m not what they see me as. Because the thing is becoming too much and I don't want to fight them because even the landlady children are gossiping behind my back too. I m thinking I should just leave them to continue but I don't feel comfortable about it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by majamajic(m): 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2020
Oh really
Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by hopeforcharles(m): 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2020
Just leave them to talk, but u make sure you don't involve in anything shady.
Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by Ayemileto(m): 1:02pm On Sep 06, 2020
The issue is you not denying/rebuking them when they said "your own Yahoo no dey wear expensive clothes".

Keeping quite at that point in time is more of an admission.

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by Accardo419(m): 1:11pm On Sep 06, 2020
Normally Nigerians get happy when they sight a yahoo boy. So make them happy by making them believe you are a yahoo boy. Nothing on earth go make them believe say you no be yahoo boy. No worry.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by donbachi(m): 1:15pm On Sep 06, 2020
Anywhere fly gathers,check very well.if shiit no dey there.another thing wey dem smell dey within...i no talk say u be yahooboy oo.
Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by Billyddude: 1:17pm On Sep 06, 2020
grin grin
yommyk222:
Please Nairalander I don come with my problem again because I don't have idea of what to do, kindly overlook any error you see on the write-up please

I move to New house around September last year when the landlady ask me where i working I told her I am running a small business where I sale bags, Bluetooth and smartwatch. I guess the way she see it is that she assume I have a shop were I sale those items but I am running it 100% online.

Along the line I only go out to do Delivery 1-3 times per week before coronavirus take over, so for the past 6 months now I hardly step out of my room unless I want to go and buy food stuff in the market. But recently I notice that they see me as Yahoo boy since I m not going out from 6am to 6pm like other people and I am living almost comfortable.

Sometimes they do use it to joke with me that my own Yahoo no dey wear expensive clothes so that police will not harassed me I will just overlook it and smile but deep inside me I don't feel comfortable with those words. How can I handle things like this and make them understand that I m not what they see me as. Because the thing is becoming too much and I don't want to fight them because even the landlady children are gossiping behind my back too. I m thinking I should just leave them to continue but I don't feel comfortable about it.

Carry one of them go do Delivery one day

9 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by Freestainworld(m): 1:27pm On Sep 06, 2020
ignore them and move on with your life.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 06, 2020
[quote author=yommyk222 post=93633280]Please Nairalander I don come with my problem again because I don't have idea of what to do, kindly overlook any error you see on the write-up please

do you have a logo, flyers, etc..
if not, you can patronize me
Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by mistercharles: 1:40pm On Sep 06, 2020
yommyk222:

call her one day and tell her or have you already done that?
Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by sulaimon22: 1:43pm On Sep 06, 2020
People are very mean these days, when next they tag you as a yahoo boy try and explain to them don't over look it. Your neighbors can set you up with SARS hoping to get part of the loot you get from your client not knowing you are legit

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by yocreo: 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2020
Well this is easy if you ask me.. Let them know you're not into such and advertise your goods to them. If they still keep taunting you then they are probably envious of you living comfortably. You should know how to distance yourself from them. We Nigerians don't just know how to mind our businesses.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by yommyk222(m): 2:15pm On Sep 06, 2020
mistercharles:
call her one day and tell her or have you already done that?

Not really but I m planning to show her few of the product I sale at the end of the month when my goods arrive maybe that will convince them

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by yommyk222(m): 2:22pm On Sep 06, 2020
donbachi:
Anywhere fly gathers,check very well.if shiit no dey there.another thing wey dem smell dey within...i no talk say u be yahooboy oo.

Bro no be everybody wey dey work on laptop at home on daily basis is Yahoo, if you are freelancer or you have someone that is into freelancer you will understand. For some months now I have been earning with Surveys since business get stucked due to coronavirus. I have always hate Yahoo and I will always do

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by sulaimon22: 2:30pm On Sep 06, 2020
yommyk222:

Bro no be everybody wey dey work on laptop at home on daily basis is Yahoo, if you are freelancer or you have someone that is into freelancer you will understand. For some months now I have been earning with Surveys since business get stucked due to coronavirus. I have always hate Yahoo and I will always do

How do you earn with survey, I hope you won't mind sharing?
Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by MJBOLT: 2:30pm On Sep 06, 2020
show them what you do,if they still call you a yahoo boy then leave matter for mathias and face front.
Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by CAPSLOCKED: 2:33pm On Sep 06, 2020
MJBOLT:
show them what you do,if they still call you a yahoo boy then leave matter for mathias and face front.

SHOW THEM WHAT YOU DO FOR WHAT?
LET THEM BELIEVE WHAT THEY WANT.. NA PAINS GO KILL THEM.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by yommyk222(m): 3:04pm On Sep 06, 2020
sulaimon22:

You can do a little research about it but I will not mind helping you out with some tips, it just that it very hard to catch-up from scratch

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by mrbenjame: 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2020
My brother. We live in a society where everyone is perceived as a criminal. This thing is exactly what I faced in my former compound before I got a better job and moved to my company quarters ( where I am presently)

They always tagged me a yahoo guy. Because I’m always wearing good clothes and use an iPhone. I also have my laptop to make things worse. This same compound people knew I’ve been using iPhone for about 4 years in that compound but at this time the iPhone thing became too obvious.

I was teaching in a good secondary school with a nice pay. I put on my gen as soon as am back from work and turn it off at 12 midnight. They come to charge their phones but still talk at my back.

One day I confronted a married lady in the compound that uttered the statement calling me a yahoo guy. I told her the next time anybody calls me that again I’d arrest the person and we’ll see in court then you’d explain how I’m a yahoo guy. Na so the yard quiet.

I started asking them whether they wanted me wearing rags or live like a poor dude when small change dey reach my side from work?

My brother it’s well. I’ve been there.

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by yommyk222(m): 3:16pm On Sep 06, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

I just dey reason this set of people can do and undo, der common sense should have tell them that I m not Yahoo, because I don't care about shoe and clothes like that, don't drink nor smoke, don't clubbing, don't have much friend na only one friend wey dey know me with, don't womanize infact that woman aspect is another problem here. They do tell me that woman never find me come since I packed in. If I enter kitchen my neighbor go say na Because say I Sabi cook that is why I no wan marry. I don't just know why people find it hard to mind there business. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by sulaimon22: 3:24pm On Sep 06, 2020
yommyk222:

You can do a little research about it but I will not mind helping you out with some tips, it just that it very hard to catch-up from scratch

have done some surveys it's just dat those companies always refuse to pay. if u can give me a guideline I can catch up so far they are paying

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by donbachi(m): 3:32pm On Sep 06, 2020
yommyk222:

I know...but who go see a friend can branch see another friend.abi.
Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by egopersonified(f): 4:02pm On Sep 06, 2020
It's like you play or talk to them too much in that compound, so people can talk to you anyhow. When anyone talks rubbish to your face, you put them in line immediately and not wait for month end to show them your goods. As long as you are legit, you don't owe anyone an explanation. If you are not bold enough to put them in line, look for a cheap shop/office and do your business from there for your own peace of mind.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by Eezohbae(f): 4:07pm On Sep 06, 2020
I'd say don't take being called a Yahoo boy silently,or smile one kain shy smile and keep quiet, correct them when they call you that. Cos if care is not taken,one day they'll report you to Sars and you know as e dey be...

Use it as an opportunity to market your products to people around

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by yommyk222(m): 4:13pm On Sep 06, 2020
sulaimon22:

have done some surveys it's just dat those companies always refuse to pay. if u can give me a guideline I can catch up so far they are paying

You can send me message on WhatsApp
Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by mccben4(m): 6:00pm On Sep 06, 2020
yommyk222:

bros please put me through on this survey thing or can I dm
Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by Treborblue(m): 2:56am On Sep 07, 2020
yommyk222:

Bros how abeg show me the way I also hate yahoo
+234 807 696 5667 be my line add me on WhatsApp
Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by yommyk222(m): 5:34pm On Sep 09, 2020
mrbenjame:
My brother. We live in a society where everyone is perceived as a criminal. This thing is exactly what I faced in my former compound before I got a better job and moved to my company quarters ( where I am presently)

They always tagged me a yahoo guy. Because I’m always wearing good clothes and use an iPhone. I also have my laptop to make things worse. This same compound people knew I’ve been using iPhone for about 4 years in that compound but at this time the iPhone thing became too obvious.

I was teaching in a good secondary school with a nice pay. I put on my gen as soon as am back from work and turn it off at 12 midnight. They come to charge their phones but still talk at my back.

One day I confronted a married lady in the compound that uttered the statement calling me a yahoo guy. I told her the next time anybody calls me that again I’d arrest the person and we’ll see in court then you’d explain how I’m a yahoo guy. Na so the yard quiet.

I started asking them whether they wanted me wearing rags or live like a poor dude when small change dey reach my side from work?

My brother it’s well. I’ve been there.

Thanks for this advise sir, I called one of there senior brother yesterday and told him he should tell his junior brothers and sisters to stop gossip about me been Yahoo-boy. I told him anytime I hear anything like that again I m going to arrest the person and if there is no proof that I m Yahoo-boy after the arrest he/she is going to pay me a certain amount of money for tarnish my image and I also make him understand that I m aware that the landlady have the same believe that is why I m not passing the message through her. Since that yesterday everyone have stay there lane.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by mrbenjame: 9:04pm On Sep 12, 2020
yommyk222:

Thanks for this advise sir, I called one of there senior brother yesterday and told him he should tell his junior brothers and sisters to stop gossip about me been Yahoo-boy. I told him anytime I hear anything like that again I m going to arrest the person and if there is no proof that I m Yahoo-boy after the arrest he/she is going to pay me a certain amount of money for tarnish my image and I also make him understand that I m aware that the landlady have the same believe that is why I m not passing the message through her. Since that yesterday everyone have stay there lane.

That’s good. That’s the only language I think they’d always understand. Why won’t they keep quiet? Because you’ve involved police and also moved further to taking legal action.

My brother go and enjoy your peace. Nigerians love it when you confront them with full confidence. You’d see how they’d start giving you your way. That’s what saved me too. Good thing you did what I did.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by Stephenmoka4(m): 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2020
Wear work clothes for house.

On a more serious note, tell them you're not a Yahoo boy and they should stop calling you that.
Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by showafrica(m): 3:04am On Sep 13, 2020
sulaimon22:

Prolific i guess.. Nigerians not allowed so vpn is necessary
Re: How Can I Handle This? They Sees Me As Yahoo Boy But I Am Not by showafrica(m): 3:05am On Sep 13, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

Supported... Dont trim urself to please anyone

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Would 10 Million Naira Change Your Life? / Is Paymyrent A Scam / Lady Calls Out Zenith Bank For Giving Her Loan She Never Asked For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.