Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,378 members, 7,836,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Islamic View On Forex Trading - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic View On Forex Trading (257 Views)

Islamic View On Husband Helping His Wife With House Chores / Islamic View On Artificial Insemination / What Is The Islamic View On Aje? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic View On Forex Trading by Haqiiqi22: 2:38pm On Sep 06, 2020
Please I need a scholar to share me thoughts on forex trading and Islamic perspective. What is the Islam view on forex trading and MLM business? Can a Muslim go into direct trading and MLM?
Re: Islamic View On Forex Trading by budaatum: 2:45pm On Sep 06, 2020
The Prophet Mohammed was an international trader. His wisdom would have made him an astute forex trader.
Re: Islamic View On Forex Trading by AntiChristian: 6:24am On Sep 07, 2020
lanrexlan posted (when comparing forex with normal trading):
"I quite disagree with this. Profit and loss in a business is quite different to what's obtainable in forex.

For example, Mr. A has a poultry farm or fish farm and all the hens or fishes died. He suffered the loss alone and nobody gained in return. This simply means loss and gain are exclusively for the person who engages in the business. Birds died? He suffered loss alone (nobody gained in return). Birds do well? He gained alone (nobody lose in return)..

This is not so for forex cos it is a zero game. A Zero sum game is any game or activity where a participant gain or loss is exactly balanced with the losses and gains of the other participants. If the total gains are added together and the total losses subtracted the sum will be zero, hence the name zero sum game. Poker is one example of a zero sum game where players can only gain at the expense of other players.

Technically Forex is in fact at best a zero sum game as any gains made by one trader are equal to the losses of other traders. As currencies are traded in pairs, if one trader buys one lot in the EUR/USD and another trader sells one lot of the pairing any gains by one trader will be equal to the losses of the other trader. Thus Spot Forex can accurately be described as a zero sum game.

For retail traders, spot forex is in fact a negative sum game. A negative sum game is any game or activity where the sum of total gains and losses is negative i.e below zero. The reason why spot Forex can be considered a negative sum game is that traders incur substantial costs when trading the currency markets. Brokerages charge a marked up spread or commissions to traders, these mark-ups and commissions are used by the brokerages to cover their costs and to earn a profit. This means that the sum of gains and losses is in fact negative making Forex a negative sum game.

This is haram in Islam as it is akin to betting and gambling. People staking odds on football matches also win while some lose. You can't win in gambling except someone cries and that's why some scholars say it is haram!" Copied from https://www.nairaland.com/6076727/islamic-forex

We pray Allah bless us with halal wealth that'll make jannah easy for us. Aamin.

Real estate and Agriculture are better options.

1 Like

Re: Islamic View On Forex Trading by NLantiban: 10:36am On Sep 18, 2020
Haqiiqi22:
Please I need a scholar to share me thoughts on forex trading and Islamic perspective. What is the Islam view on forex trading and MLM business? Can a Muslim go into direct trading and MLM?
no be small thing, everything get view for una

(1) (Reply)

The 10 Nullifiers Of Islam / Muslim School Needs Staff / What Bible Said About Slavery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.