Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,315 members, 7,860,763 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:48 PM

House Of Scandals - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / House Of Scandals (4504 Views)

Six Scandals That Rocked Nigerian Entertainment Industry In 2020 / Toyin Lawani Worth N300 Million, Scandals, Business & Marriage / Kanye West Cause Stir Online As Wears Suits & Kito Scandals To 2chainz's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Scandals by UltimateSpice: 6:10am On Sep 15, 2021
Ride on
Re: House Of Scandals by ThrillPlus: 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2021
kweensheba:

She left with her pack. The moment she stepped out, Richard called my number. “I’m waiting, baby.”

“I’m coming.” I decided to go and meet him with my remaining food.

“I was waiting for you to come so that I could take you out for dinner,” he said upon seeing the food pack in my hand.

“Oh.”

“We can still go out all the same,” he quickly added.

I shook my head. “Maybe, I’ll wait for you. I’m already filled.”

“It won’t be a good thing for me to leave my Kween in the house while I go and eat.”

The next words I was about to say were interrupted by a knock on his door. Without waiting for a response, the knocker turned the knob and came in.

It was a young lady, probably of my age. She briefly looked at me in surprise before facing Richard.

“Hey, Sola, met my good friend, Kween.” He turned to me. “Kween, meet my younger sister, Sola.”

I studied the young lady briefly. Yes, they looked alike a bit. She also gave a grin similar to the one he liked to give.

“Hello, Sola. Pleased to meet you.”

“Hello, Kween.”

We nodded and regarded each other. She was rather cool in her response. Inwardly, I shrugged.

“How’s everyone at home?” he asked her.

“They’re all fine.”

She sat on a sofa and stretched her legs. Somehow, I found my presence in the house awkward.

“Er, we’ll see later, Richard.”

He didn’t oppose my suggestion. “Alright, my queen. We’ll see later.”

Still clutching my food pack, I left the place. Back in my apartment, I had a feeling Sola did not approve of me. Why? Was she not supposed to be happy for her brother who, from all intents, had found his love?

I finished my food, drank from a plastic bottle of carbonated water and relaxed on the two-seater. I flicked on the television to watch my favorite channels.

I expected Richard to come in any time, or to call me on the phone that I should return to his apartment. Up till minutes after ten o’clock, he had not done so. I was already feeling sleepy. I moved on to the bedroom. Within seconds, I slept off.

I was up from the bed five a.m. I immediately moved to the toilet t ease my self. Then, I had a cold bath and prepared for work. I still hadn’t heard from Richard. I was getting apprehensive. Why must the coming of his sister take precedence over every other thing?

I wore a black skirt suit and left for work. At work, I tried to concentrate and forget every other thing.
Towards noon, my mum called from her Ibadan base. She was a cloth trader at one of the shops at Mapo shopping complex, and she was doing quite well.

“Hello, Kween.”

Hello, mummy. How’re you?”

“I’m fine o. We’re all fine over here. How’re you over there, and how’s your work?”

“Fine, mummy.”

“I hope you’ve not forgotten the important thing we’ve been talking about.”

I knew what she meant. For about a year now, she had been on my neck about bringing a man home.

“I’ve not forgotten mum. I’m on it.”

“Ah, you should not forget. What I’m expecting from you is a call that you’ve got the man and you’ll be bringing him to me for proper introduction.”

I nodded. She was quite right. My mind went to Richard. Surely, Richard should fit in.

“Very soon, mummy, you’ll hear that call from me, I promise,” I said.

“Okay, Kween. See you.”

“Bye, mum.”

She disconnected the line and I sighed. About an hour later, Richard called me.

“Hello, my Kween. Sorry, I’ve not called you all the while.”

“Why was that?” I demanded.

“Well, Sola is a little bit troublesome, and she has come with some troubles, as usual.”

“What kind of troubles?”

He seemed to sigh across the line. “Oh, it’s a family thing. As time goes on, you will understand.”

I didn’t like the blank answer he gave but I decided not to press the issue further, at least for now. Few minutes to four o’clock, Richard called again.

House of Scandals: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/house-of-scandals/30547
Re: House Of Scandals by kweensheba: 7:10am On Sep 25, 2021
She disconnected the line and I sighed.

About an hour later, Richard called me.

“Hello, my Kween. Sorry, I’ve not called you all the while.”

“Why was that?” I demanded.

“Well, Sola is a little bit troublesome, and she has come with some troubles, as usual.”

“What kind of troubles?”

He seemed to sigh across the line. “Oh, it’s a family thing. As time goes on, you will understand.”

I didn’t like the blank answer he gave but I decided not to press the issue further, at least for now. Few minutes to four o’clock, Richard called again.

“Hello, beauty. I’m in Lekki right now.

Where’s your office and what time d’you close? I can come around to pick you.”

I told him the time we closed and the address of where the office was.

“I’m not far from the place. I’ll soon be there. Allow me the privilege of driving you home today.”

I giggled. “Oh, it’s kind of you darling Richard.”

At four, I packed my personal effects in my bag and awaited his arrival. My phone rang again.

“Hello, honey,” he said. “I’m at the car park downstairs.”

“Okay, dear. I’m on my way.”

I picked my bag and left the office. I took the staircase down and moved to the car park. The staff bus was waiting, but I would not be following it today. Richard hooted the horn of his car to draw my attention. I moved towards it.

“Hello, he greeted. “This your office building is a nice one.”

“Thanks. How was your work today?”

“Fine. I came around here to see some clients.”

He engaged the gear and drove to join the main road.

“So, how was your night?” I asked.

“Lonely. I wished you were with me.”

I shook my head. “Why couldn’t I be with you? Is your sister so much averse to my presence?”

“Is not that.”

“So, what is it? I could see it in her that she didn’t welcome me. Why? The way you acted was curious. Why?”

He tried a grin. “It’s just that anytime she’s around, I like to be very careful. Don’t worry a thing, you’ll understand everything as time goes on.”

I believed he was not telling me the whole truth, but again decided not to press further.
We got to Victoria Island and moved on to Lagos Island.

The traffic had started building up. The car drifted along with other vehicles. Several minutes later, we got to Anthony.

He climbed the bridge and came down to connect to the other side. We were soon at Town Planning Way. He drove straight to the eatery.

“First and foremost, let’s have good food. I’ve not eaten since morning.”

We took wheat meal with ‘egusi’ soup and assorted meats. While I ate the food, my mind went over the conversation I had with my mother.

As much as I wanted Richard, I was a bit uncertain about this his sister’s angle. But wait a minute.

Was I not jumping the gun? Richard had not even proposed to me yet. What if he had nothing like marriage on his mind?

“This your sister, what does she do for a living?” I asked.

“Mummy owns a supermarket. She works there.”

“How many siblings do you have?”

“Two. Sola and Lola. Sola is the one you met. Lola is still in the university, studying pharmacy.”

I nodded again. If Sola would be my sister in law, then certain ice must be broken. As if he was sensing my discomfort, he quickly added: “They are all very friendly and nice people.”

After the meal. He bought two jars of ice cream that we would take home.

“Don’t worry,” he said as soon as we got back to the car. “You’ll understand better and you’ll get along with her.”

I wondered why he kept using the words, ‘understand better.’ But then, he was most likely right. As times went on, I would surely understand better.

He drove back home. In front of his flat was his sister, Sola, already waiting for him.

Download full story @ https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/house_of_scandals/30547
Re: House Of Scandals by ThrillPlus: 7:47am On Oct 17, 2021
Nice
Re: House Of Scandals by FairCritic(m): 6:33am On Feb 11, 2022
Go on.
Re: House Of Scandals by ThrillPlus: 10:38pm On Jun 25, 2022
FairCritic:
Go on.
Re: House Of Scandals by BigBasher: 7:53am On Jul 07, 2022
Ride on.
Re: House Of Scandals by Awesome05: 6:20am On Aug 29, 2022
Ride on.
Re: House Of Scandals by Saturn101: 9:41am On Jan 11, 2023
Go on.
Re: House Of Scandals by kweensheba: 7:35am On Jun 10, 2023
As times went on, I would surely understand better. He drove back home. In front of his flat was his sister, Sola, already waiting for him.Youre here already? he asked, surprised.Yes.I didn't really like her appearance.

Did that mean there would be no intimate moment between Richard and me, just as it happened the previous day?Hello, Sola, I greeted.Hi. It was the usual cool way. Thanks for the ride, I told him and handed the nylon containing the ice cream to him.

He quickly removed a jar and handed the nylon back.

"That's yours. Well see later.See you, again, Sola," I told her.

She briefly waved at me. "See you".

When I entered my flat, I became convinced that there was something Richard was not telling me; something which I needed to know without further wasting time. There was simply no way his so-called sister would be having firm grip over him like this.

I sat in the sitting-room, took some of the ice cream and put the rest in the freezer. Of course, there was nothing like eating any dinner again that day. I watched the television for some time. In the absence of Richard, I wished Omon could come around.

I had got her number, so I decided to call her.Hello, Omon. Are you around?Yes, Im cooking. My mum too is around.That information immediately dampened my enthusiasm.I see.If Im able to finish on time, Ill come.Alright, Omon. See you.Yeah.I cut the line.

The probability of her coming was very slim. If Richard too failed to surface, then I would have a lonely night. Few minutes after nine o'clock, Richard knocked on my door.

"Hello, my queen," he greeted.

It was my turn to act coolly. "Hello."

He attempted to kiss me but I stopped him. "You have some explanations to do", I said sternly.

He looked at me wearily. "What explanation?"

I faced him. I had already thought of the approach to use. "I suspect that Sola is not your sister but your girlfriend".

He looked shocked. 'What?"

"Yes. That's why the two of you are playing hanky-panky game."

He shook his head.
Re: House Of Scandals by Saturn101: 9:40am On Jun 13, 2023
Nice work.
Re: House Of Scandals by BigBasher: 6:30am On Aug 02, 2023
Go on.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Singer Korede Bello Booed Up With Tanzania's Hamisa Mobetto (video, Photos) / See White Money's Reaction After Pere And Angel Returned To Join Him As Finalist / Check Out Top Ten Charming Yoruba Actresses (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.