Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,552 members, 7,819,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL (2409 Views)

5 Reason Why You Must Hire Freelancers From Nigeria. / How Perfect Is This Implementation Of This Design? / UX/UI Designer Available For Full Time, Contract Jobs And Collaboration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 06, 2020
The topic is just a joke ooh, Seun is free to hire who ever he wants (LOL)
I've been designing this for several hours now. What do you think guys? I designed it using Lunacy for Windows. Lunacy is a prototyping software just like Adobe XD and Sketch.
I am not affiliated with Nairaland.com. This is just a concept to show how Nairaland app could redesigned in future updates.
Here are the new features I added in my design:
- Dislike button
- Badges
- Bookmarks and Shares
- Dark mode
In my design, you can switch between the popular tab and the personalized tab. The 'popular' tab is where all editor picked threads are displayed. Basically the 'popular' tab is the equivalent of the frontpage. The 'personalized' tab shows threads that are in correlation with your interests. So if you are interested in fashion, You Will find several threads about fashion in your personalized tab.
PLEASE RATE ON A SCALE OF 1-10
Nairaland image compression system messed with the quality of the images

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by WonderWoman5775(f): 6:58pm On Sep 06, 2020
Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 06, 2020
WonderWoman5775:
Thanks �
Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by Xstremebj: 7:00pm On Sep 06, 2020
Fp worthy

3 Likes

Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by Rilley(m): 7:22pm On Sep 06, 2020
Cool, but Seun will not listen to you.

11 Likes

Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by Peritome: 7:22pm On Sep 06, 2020
Dark mode preferred.

Rate you 8

4 Likes

Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by Phillmore59(m): 7:29pm On Sep 06, 2020
you must have log into Twitter .............to see the most complaints. 8 anyway

1 Like

Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by tundchip2: 7:32pm On Sep 06, 2020
Where are the sections

1 Like

Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by Uzomacharles: 7:35pm On Sep 06, 2020
Don't like it tho
my opinion

2 Likes

Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by BREYZ: 7:59pm On Sep 06, 2020
Seun wey dey find money, you wan come chop im money cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by PlayerMeji: 8:04pm On Sep 06, 2020
Cool...

1 Like

Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 06, 2020
PlayerMeji:
Cool...
Yeah

1 Like

Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by ensodev(m): 8:09pm On Sep 06, 2020
Nice one.

You don't have to wait for seun, you git talent kick into action don't wait, if seun was waiting in 2007, nairaland will never be here for you to post your great work dear.

start something small and feed it to become bigger, seun might later pick interest in you or even microsoft or facebook.

Your design is great

9 Likes

Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by bamvik(m): 8:10pm On Sep 06, 2020
good job 9/10

1 Like

Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by PlayerMeji: 8:10pm On Sep 06, 2020
If seun is not available to pick this up, why not create a forum or a blog to use this U/I yourself.

This could be a blessing in disguise

Talk24:

Yeah

4 Likes

Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by Millerules(m): 8:22pm On Sep 06, 2020
Dumb! No creativity here bro.

Typical layout.
Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by illicit(m): 8:59pm On Sep 06, 2020
Pls add a call and chat button

Members should be able to chat live
Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by matrixme(m): 9:10pm On Sep 06, 2020
Dear Seun, please consider the thought of Nigerians to modernize the platform too. I hope you have checked messages for you onTwitter? In the technology world, change and evolution is the constant watchword. You might think it has no effects now, but no one can predict tomorrow. Kudos for the good works so far though

2 Likes

Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by TechCapon(m): 10:45pm On Sep 06, 2020
Lovely. I rate you 8
Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by Deicide: 11:14pm On Sep 06, 2020
It looks like Quora

1 Like

Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by Nobody: 12:23am On Sep 07, 2020
Talk24:
I've been designing this for several hours now. What do you think guys? I designed it using Lunacy for Windows. Lunacy is a prototyping software just like Adobe XD and Sketch.
I am not affiliated with Nairaland.com. This is just a concept to show how Nairaland could be redesigned in future updates.
- Dislike button
- Badges
- Bookmarks and Shares
- Dark mode
In my design, you can switch between the popular tab and the personalized tab. The 'popular' tab is where all editor picked threads are displayed. Basically the 'popular' tab is the equivalent of the frontpage. The 'personalized' tab shows threads that are in correlation with your interests. So if you are interested in fashion, You Will find several threads about fashion in your personalized tab.

Please tell me more about lunacy. Do you know about Figma? If yes, what is the difference between Figma and Lunacy?

And I must say, sleeky UI there
Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by cixak95211: 12:51am On Sep 07, 2020
Millerules:
Dumb! No creativity here bro.

Typical layout.

True, I'll rate it a 2 for the effort.
The design still violates a lot of UI principles. Cant rate the UX
cos there was no live prototype to play with.
And that takes us back to the topic.... if you so much detest the way a man handles his business,
isn't that an opportunity for you to create your own?
Why force him to bend to your rules? Are you an invester or a member of the board of trustees?
Use your head, OP

1 Like

Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by Titugirl(f): 1:37am On Sep 07, 2020
donproject:

Please tell me more about lunacy. Do you know about Figma? If yes, what is the difference between Figma and Lunacy?

Lol...when I first saw lunancy, I thought you meant werey grin

3 Likes

Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by Nobody: 2:35am On Sep 07, 2020
cixak95211:

True, I'll rate it a 2 for the effort.
The design still violates a lot of UI principles. Cant rate the UX
cos there was no live prototype to play with.
And that takes us back to the topic.... if you so much detest the way a man handles his business,
isn't that an opportunity for you to create your own?
Why force him to bend to your rules? Are you an invester or a member of the board of trustees?
Use your head, OP
Thanks for the constructive criticism. :-D I'm always looking out to improve my skills. Be specific please, Where have I gone wrong in terms of UI Design principles?

1 Like

Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by Nobody: 2:42am On Sep 07, 2020
donproject:

Lunacy is prototyping software that has the ability to open .sketch files. Basically, the difference between Lunacy and Figma is that Figma requires internet connection, while Lunacy doesn't.
Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by YngDenzel1: 6:42am On Sep 07, 2020
Talk24:
I am not affiliated with Nairaland.com. This is just a concept to show how Nairaland could be redesigned in future updates.
- Dislike button
- Badges
- Bookmarks and Shares
- Dark mode
You're still naive. You think it's about design abi.. am a webmaster too. Simplicity is class. Seun has left this website like this for decades, do you think he's stupid? i bet you don't know all those your design up there will affect the SEO, page load time and some things you're not seeing.

5 Likes

Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by Nobody: 7:09am On Sep 07, 2020
YngDenzel1:
You're still naive. You think it's about design abi.. am a webmaster too. Simplicity is class. Seun has left this website like this for decades, do you think he's stupid? i bet you don't know all those your design up there will affect the SEO, page load time and some things you're not seeing.
Oga it's not a website. it's an app and by the way, I said rate the design only.

1 Like

Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 07, 2020
Talk24:
I am not affiliated with Nairaland.com. This is just a concept to show how Nairaland app could redesigned in future updates.
- Dislike button
- Badges
- Bookmarks and Shares
- Dark mode

The only reason I'm not giving you a ten is because there is always more work to do, and you should see my rating as an encouragement to do more not satisfaction to do less.

I give you 9/10 because comparing your UI to what Nairaland currently is... It's a massive upgrade. It even has a dark mode and reminds me of Reddit (not that it looks exactly like Reddit though) and the icons and text are scaled an aligned properly. It has other nice features too.

Don't mind those that rated you ridiculously for they are masters of nothing, they probably don't know much about UI/UX and you take my word because I have 7+ years of experience in concrete design and development. As for Seun, the only reason Nairaland is still the way it is after all these years is simple, he doesn't care. All Nairaland is to him, is an ad revenue system that fetches him money. He doesn't care if the current design hurts your eyes. Reddit was once like Nairaland, bad design and all till they upgraded. They upgraded because the heard the cry of their members and had their members best interest at heart. So no, it's not because of SEO (that's a very ridiculous excuse). Seun simply doesn't care. He wants to make as much money, with smallest amount of effort possible. You know what it took before we got him to install an SSL certificate? Just leave Seun alone, for now he doesn't care jarey.

6 Likes

Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 07, 2020
YngDenzel1:

Yes, I think he's stupid and you are too.

1 Like

Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by Emescot(m): 1:05pm On Sep 07, 2020
DanTheGeek:

... Seun simply doesn't care. He wants to make as much money, with smallest amount of effort possible. You know what it took before we got him to install an SSL certificate? Just leave Seun alone, for now he doesn't care jarey.

Trust me, If Seun changes what Nairaland looks like today, I won't fancy it anymore because to me it will just look like every other website there, but like this, Nairaland is too unique. I used to Love Naijaloaded, till they started experimenting with all sorts of upgrades.

Nairaland is okay the way it is.

Op I rate your work 8/10. Keep it up

2 Likes

Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by Archtype(m): 1:14pm On Sep 07, 2020
Emescot:

Trust me, If Seun changes what Nairaland looks like today, I won't fancy it anymore because to me it will just look like every other website there, but like this, Nairaland is too unique. I used to Love Naijaloaded, till they started experimenting with all sorts of upgrades.

The same with me oo
Re: Seun Must Hire Me As His UI Designer Oh, Take A Look At This Design For NL by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 07, 2020
Emescot:

You've not done your research. Nairaland is not unique, it's a little upgrade to SMF. You can download it and host a forum that looks exactly like Nairaland if you want. That's not unique, sorry.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fellowship At The Bulb: What Is It About & join the Software Engineering Program / Please Help An Upcoming Programmer / MySQL 5.0 Database Has Been Released!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.