Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,079 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Billionaire Fulfills Vow To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Billionaire Fulfills Vow To God (713 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy-5 Years Down The Line / South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Billionaire Fulfills Vow To God by yommyuk: 8:29pm On Feb 22, 2011
Luke 6:38

Give, and it shall be given to you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that you mete with it shall be measured to you again - St James Version

" Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full - pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back." - NTL Version

Billionaire businessman Albert Gubay has been speaking about the "pact with God" that led to his decision to give away half of his fortune.
The Isle of Man-based philanthropist said he had no regrets about the size of his charitable donations.
Rhyl-born Mr Gubay will be given a Papal Knighthood - the highest award a Roman Catholic lay person can receive.
The 82-year-old will receive the honour from the Archbishop of Westminster at St Anthony's Church in Onchan.

'God help me'

Speaking to the BBC ahead of the ceremony, the founder of the Kwik Save chain said his success was down to hard work, a lot of luck - and a "partner" he first found help from when aged in his 20s and penniless with two young children.

"One Saturday I didn't know where the next penny was coming from and I lay on my bed and I had this conversation with God," he said.
"I said 'God, help me and whatever I make over the years of my life, when I die half will go to the church."

Many children have been given help by Mr Gubay to develop in their chosen sport

Mr Gubay has amassed a fortune "in excess" of £1bn, a number he argued was "so great [large] it does not mean anything".

"I know some people that don't want to give anything away. They just want to grab on to it," he added.
"I don't know what for because there comes a time you can't grab on to it so you might as well try to do some good with it.
"I only spend normally. I've got no flash cars or big yachts or anything like that - I just live a normal life with my wife and I'm quite happy to do that."

The Knight Commander with Star of the Order of St Gregory the Great, an order bestowed by the Pope which dates back to 1831, is given for conspicuous service to the Church and society.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-12536795

God bless him smiley

Re: Billionaire Fulfills Vow To God by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 24, 2011
Looking forward to doing my bit on a grand scale
Re: Billionaire Fulfills Vow To God by Enigma(m): 9:10am On Feb 25, 2011
Re: Billionaire Fulfills Vow To God by tpia5: 6:40pm On Nov 26, 2013
I think the christians on nl should also think of blessing seun with some of their money, true the section is often nothing more than an anti-christian watering hole, however, the bible says if we like only those who like us, then what exactly have we gained.

Show some appreciation and sow positive seeds into his life so he can also know its not only about talk.

In addition, there is a nairaland affiliated organization which provides assistance to the underpriviledged, they also need donations.
Re: Billionaire Fulfills Vow To God by UyiIredia(m): 6:55pm On Nov 26, 2013
tpia@:
I think the christians on nl should also think of blessing seun with some of their money, true the section is often nothing more than an anti-christian watering hole, however, the bible says if we like only those who like us, then what exactly have we gained.

Show some appreciation and sow positive seeds into his life so he can also know its not only about talk.

Atheists are active here but Christians abound too. If not for the fact fear, fear dey catch some of them bcuz dey see reason in what atheists say this thread would be uberwhelmed with Christian posts. Even yet it almost is undecided

PS: Bros Seen, if I hammer, I no go forget, u no go regret (pun intended)
Re: Billionaire Fulfills Vow To God by tpia5: 7:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
underneath the "nairaland forum" headline is an ad button where you can also pump your money.

pay for an ad or some ads, advertise a business or service.

(1) (Reply)

Bugging Questions, Drop Your Answers Plz! / Atheism = 1 Magic = 0 / I Am Coming! Part 88

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.