Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,423 members, 7,864,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:16 AM

HELP!! My 10days Old Baby Can’t Move Or Control His Right Hand. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HELP!! My 10days Old Baby Can’t Move Or Control His Right Hand. (452 Views)

Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos / Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) / 40 U.S. Doctors Operate On 1-Week-Old Baby With Huge Growth On Her Neck(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!! My 10days Old Baby Can’t Move Or Control His Right Hand. by Sankabson(m): 11:45am On Sep 07, 2020
Hello Good People Of Nairaland,

My 10days old baby boy can’t move or controls his right hand, and he’s feeling so much pain when massaging it.

He was diagnosed with Brachial Plexus by a physiotherapist just 3days after Birth. We were told that happened as a result of stress and pulling during birth which affected the Nerves.

We have started treatment with the physiotherapist, 3 sessions weekly but the pain is getting too much for by boy. He cries a lot when massaging it for him..

My people, please I need your experience, views and advice. Me and my wife are getting really worried for my boy.

Has anyone ever experienced this before ? Please kindly share your views and experience with Us.

Thanks so much in Advance.
Re: HELP!! My 10days Old Baby Can’t Move Or Control His Right Hand. by Righteousness89(m): 11:49am On Sep 07, 2020
I Send the Medical team from Heaven to attend to that little child. I Decree btw Now and 3 Days His joints are Fully Rectified , Renewed and Restored in the Name of JESUS.... Amen

10 Likes

Re: HELP!! My 10days Old Baby Can’t Move Or Control His Right Hand. by HundHunter(m): 11:51am On Sep 07, 2020
Please consult your doctor for the sake of your boy.

Nairaland is not a medical center.

No offence.

2 Likes

Re: HELP!! My 10days Old Baby Can’t Move Or Control His Right Hand. by geesilver(m): 11:54am On Sep 07, 2020
do more of consultation with your paediatrician.....
Re: HELP!! My 10days Old Baby Can’t Move Or Control His Right Hand. by Sankabson(m): 11:56am On Sep 07, 2020
As you can see up there, we've started treatments already. Seeking more knowledge and informations isn't bad, especially when you're in a position like this.
HundHunter:
Please consult your doctor for the sake of your boy.

Nairaland is not a medical center.

No offence.

5 Likes

Re: HELP!! My 10days Old Baby Can’t Move Or Control His Right Hand. by Jiberi: 12:23pm On Sep 07, 2020
Hmm, brachial plexus injury due to excessive pull of the hand during child delivery.

1 Like

Re: HELP!! My 10days Old Baby Can’t Move Or Control His Right Hand. by Sankabson(m): 7:05am On Sep 08, 2020
My people, kindly help me tag mod and other people that can contribute to this thread..
Re: HELP!! My 10days Old Baby Can’t Move Or Control His Right Hand. by hakym619(m): 9:52am On Oct 14, 2020
Sankabson:
My people, kindly help me tag mod and other people that can contribute to this thread..

Let him visit the occupational therapy unit at igbobi.

He requires an aeroplane splint for better positioning too.
Re: HELP!! My 10days Old Baby Can’t Move Or Control His Right Hand. by Sankabson(m): 2:05pm On Oct 14, 2020
hakym619:

Let him visit the occupational therapy unit at igbobi.

He requires an aeroplane splint for better positioning too.
I'm not based in Lagos. I'm in IbAdan. Can you recommend any place down here.

Thanks
Re: HELP!! My 10days Old Baby Can’t Move Or Control His Right Hand. by oxypressPlus: 4:52am On Oct 15, 2020
Sankabson:

Try hyperbaric oxygen therapy -hbot for bpi -brachial plexus injury: you may be lucky.
If the nerve in mainly stretched and inflamed it is easier to heal with HBOT. When the nerve is turn from the spinal cord that is a difficult situation.
We are HBOT Providers.

(1) (Reply)

The Best Mattress For Back Pain: Winco Orthopedic / Jubilation as FMC Abeokuta's MD Gets Second Term Nod From Board / New Malaria Mosquito Emerges In African Cities, And Experts Are Worried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.