Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

New Opera Mini 4 Beta! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / New Opera Mini 4 Beta! (4985 Views)

New Opera Mini For Etisalat Lines / Download The New Opera Mini 6.5 / Opera Mini 4.2 Configuration|settings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by maxjax(m): 7:16pm On Jun 20, 2007
Opera mini 4 beta is out wit a BANG! Itz got many outstand new featurez like cursor indicator, zoom in/out abilities, fast data transfer and lots more. It was just released yesterday, and mind u there are stil lots more featurez to b added, because itz d beta version. Go get a feel at http://mini.opera.com/beta to download. EnJoY fElLaz. Comments BEFORE and AFTER DOWNLOAD are highly apperciated.
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by maxjax(m): 12:10am On Jun 21, 2007
make una stil reply me, tell me how una feel about the opera mini 4,

Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by shazeez(m): 1:00am On Jun 21, 2007
I just tried it and i must confess it is no match for the 2 versions of opera i already have( opera mini 3.1 and opera mobile 8.5 for s60). I was expecting the new opera to have landscape mode. It appears that there are some little inadequacies because it is still a trial version:
1. It is slightly indented to the right( abi na my phone?)
2. The picture quality are not half as good as what i'm used to on opera mobile.
3. It doesn't come across as user friendly
I really hope the full version will be better. Thank you for the info anyway!
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by Temmiey(m): 11:59am On Jun 21, 2007
It was realy great,a class art indeed. i downloaded it emmediately it was released yesterday,having been awaiting it these while.the picture quality was great,surffing is unbelievably fast,loading the pages in a screen,just like p.c and a host of other merits. Its however sometime malfunction, someting like:java error and afterward, quit,you will then has to relogin again to continue your browsing,although  its still a trial version,the real version is expected to be better.give it a try.
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by abohrandy: 12:12pm On Jun 21, 2007
@ maxjax,
u be their marketer? or how?
dis one weh u di huzzle home bois n gals so!!!
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by elctroguru(m): 7:07pm On Jun 21, 2007
Nice post guy but i still prefare opera mini 3 to dis version.Pls i want to knw hw you can bring out d mouse and click on d page.
L8erz
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by hayprof(m): 11:00pm On Jun 21, 2007
i will still stick 2 d versn 3.1 i av gat
d nw beta versn isnt it @ all, it jst ends wit applicatn error everytime i am in d middle of serious browsing, cant find a mouse too!
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by hayprof(m): 11:01pm On Jun 21, 2007
i will still stick 2 d versn 3.1 i av gat
d nw beta versn isnt it @ all, it jst ends wit applicatn error everytime i am in d middle of serious browsing, cant find a mouse too!
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by jaysay(m): 2:46pm On Jun 22, 2007
those that does not seem to prefer the opera beta, might be using quark phones. if u use a good smart phone all the features work even better than that of opera 3.1.
if you want to see it work beta for you try it on a sonyericsson w810i, its da BOMB.

It is as if you are on a PC, thx 4 the info Bro.
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by shazeez(m): 4:18pm On Jun 22, 2007
My preference for opera 3.1 and opera mobile 8.5 has got nothing to do with the model of my phone cos i'm using a symbian s60 3rd edition smartphone which is much better than that se w810i u're feelin fly with. It is so simple, opera mini 4 beta is aight but i prefer the versions i have.
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by elctroguru(m): 4:59pm On Jun 22, 2007
Thaks pal,dat ws a great reply 4 d guy.Wat does w8 anytin has 2 do wit opera mini beta version, The old version is still da best
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by maxjax(m): 5:33pm On Jun 22, 2007
shazeez:

I just tried it and i must confess it is no match for the 2 versions of opera i already have( opera mini 3.1 and opera mobile 8.5 for s60). I was expecting the new opera to have landscape mode. It appears that there are some little inadequacies because it is still a trial version:
1. It is slightly indented to the right( abi na my phone?)
2. The picture quality are not half as good as what i'm used to on opera mobile.
3. It doesn't come across as user friendly
I really hope the full version will be better. Thank you for the info anyway!

Its just a beta version, more features are going to be added later. Remember that its abilities are all fone dependant.
tongue cool grin
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by Temmiey(m): 7:46pm On Jun 22, 2007
I think you guys have all spoken well concerning operamini. But you should all understand that mini 3.1 was even worse than mini 4 during its trial period in 2006,but the real version was a bang.the mini 3.1 has its limitation which is the mini 4 strenght, like more options for you to enjoy browsing.clearer image, ability to view even the tiniest image or words.mini 4 biggest undoing however,is that it could give you application error at any time especiall if you have been browsing with it for a long time,you can however go straight to where you left after relogin,just go back to your last history and click on it.As to how to use the mouse.it can be used when you are surffing a micro tiny letters that cant be ordinarily viewed with your naked eyes,then just press 5,on your keypad the mouse will appear,then you can start using it.In anothe method.during surffing,press 1,from your keypad,a menu will appear,from the menu remove the mark on "fit to scree",a tiny screen will be shown to you with the mouse there,just press 5 from your keypad to view the page clearly.5 again to return back.Remember after finish using it, to return back to its original image,by press 1 on your keypad,and sellect "fit to screen" from the menu,the mark will show again.good luck.
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by Temmiey(m): 7:49pm On Jun 22, 2007
I think you guys have all spoken well concerning operamini. But you should all understand that mini 3.1 was even worse than mini 4 during its trial period in 2006,but the real version was a bang.the mini 3.1 has its limitation which is the mini 4 strenght, like more options for you to enjoy browsing.clearer image, ability to view even the tiniest image or words.mini 4 biggest undoing however,is that it could give you application error at any time especiall if you have been browsing with it for a long time,you can however go straight to where you left after relogin,just go back to your last history and click on it.As to how to use the mouse.it can be used when you are surffing a micro tiny letters that cant be ordinarily viewed with your naked eyes,then just press 5,on your keypad the mouse will appear,then you can start using it.In anothe method.during surffing,press 1,from your keypad,a menu will appear,from the menu remove the mark on "fit to scree",a tiny screen will be shown to you with the mouse there,just press 5 from your keypad to view the page clearly.5 again to return back.Remember after finish using it, to return back to its original image,by press 1 on your keypad,and sellect "fit to screen" from the menu,the mark will show again.good luck.
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by Temmiey(m): 7:49pm On Jun 22, 2007
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by Temmiey(m): 7:50pm On Jun 22, 2007
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by Temmiey(m): 7:51pm On Jun 22, 2007
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by jaysay(m): 9:04am On Jun 23, 2007
@evry1.
u may b aight. d operamini 3.1 connects beta, easier 2 go back and forward.
if u read d info while downloading opere 4 beta, it gives info on usage, it could b improved upon wen constructive criticism is given.
does any1 v a nokia 6260 for sale? mail me pls at je_og@yahoo.com.
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by greatgeo(m): 4:44pm On Jun 24, 2007
Hi guys in d land pls can anyone explain what this stuff is all about as am a new member in this area.nathetelgeo@yahoo.com or can give me a call on 08036940202 thanks.
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by greatgeo(m): 4:45pm On Jun 24, 2007
Hi guys in d land pls can anyone explain what this stuff is all about as am a new member in this area.nathetelgeo@yahoo.com or can give me a call on 08036940202 thanks.
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by maxjax(m): 8:34pm On Jun 24, 2007
@Greatgeo just read thru d post replies u wil understand wot we hav bn discussin'. But knw dis dat OPERA MINI is a mobile phone WEB/WAP browserz.
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by colly(m): 4:49pm On Jun 26, 2007
I think jaysay is right cos i use a sonyericsson k750 & the display is inarguably beta than dat of 3.1,it displays web pictures & icons dat don't show when using the 3.1 version and also it dos not cease when using it,it dosnt exit apllication when downloadn unlike 3.1& most importnt of all it conects beta or maybe it works beta on ericsson phones but the flaw is that i can't download pictures directly from a web page to my phone unlike the 3.1
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by maxjax(m): 11:34am On Jun 27, 2007
yeah the display is better than that of 3.1, but guyz cwhen i tried it on 6230i the display was rubbish, but i know the final version shall be must better than version 3.1 cool
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by juci(m): 8:59pm On Jun 28, 2007
Opera Mini 4 Beta lives up to expectation- which is an appetizer (its a beta version r'mber). the full version will definately surpass 3.1 and set new standards too.
u can dwnload site pics with page information menu.
my problem is mine doesn't always connect even when 3.1 does. more likely a network problem.
beta interface
new features- cursor, zoom (though i must confess i sometimes get tired of zooming in & out)
real web view
GREAT!
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by colly(m): 1:52am On Jun 30, 2007
Well i can now download pictures from my 4.0 version so its beta than 3.1 version and juci you can also deactivate the zoom and browse exactly the way it is on the 3.1 version,all you just have to do whenever you launch your operamini is to enter the menu and go to tools,from there enter settings and check the fit to width box and then save it,you wont have to zoom in and out any longer.
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by maxjax(m): 8:27pm On Jul 01, 2007
cool :d wink cool
Re: New Opera Mini 4 Beta! by nazzyon(m): 9:01pm On Jul 11, 2007
I am having a problem with picture attachment.

It used to work on my phone when I had 3.1 but I can't with my opera. since I loaded the 4 beta.

I may have to get the 3.1 for my for my work to be in progress.

(1) (Reply)

Between Infinix Hot Note X551 And Tecno Camon C8 / Does Tecno Camon CX Support Glo 4G? / List Of Phones Compatible For Virtual Reality(vr)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.