Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,364 members, 7,846,568 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

See What My System Is Showing, Please Who Can Help Me With Solution To This - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / See What My System Is Showing, Please Who Can Help Me With Solution To This (755 Views)

Javascript Showing Me Pepper / Please Can Someone Help Me With Solution To Google Indexing Issue On My Website? / Can Someone Help Me With A Solution To This Python Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What My System Is Showing, Please Who Can Help Me With Solution To This by samuelkid192: 10:33pm On Sep 07, 2020
hello guys .
my system was borrowed to someone and when he returns it its start showing this..
here is the system name
Acer Chromebook 15 CB3-531
please any computer engineer who can help me repair it should drop a comment ..
please any solution to this , look at the photos .
o8139o77767

Re: See What My System Is Showing, Please Who Can Help Me With Solution To This by samuelkid192: 10:34pm On Sep 07, 2020
photos

Re: See What My System Is Showing, Please Who Can Help Me With Solution To This by samuelkid192: 10:36pm On Sep 07, 2020
photo

Re: See What My System Is Showing, Please Who Can Help Me With Solution To This by emae009(m): 10:52pm On Sep 07, 2020
you need a window recovery disc. or windows installation disc
Re: See What My System Is Showing, Please Who Can Help Me With Solution To This by falcon01: 11:25pm On Sep 07, 2020
Ahh yes, The blue screen of death!!.
first of all Try to access the window restore options and restore to a date where the PC was working perfectly and if it fails
open recovery select Reset this PC
choose to either keep your files or a clean install
select an option and your system will reboot. everything will be lost except for files and folders.
Re: See What My System Is Showing, Please Who Can Help Me With Solution To This by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 07, 2020
Go and download Linux una no wan hear word, kpele. My advice to you is that if you wish to keep on using windows get windows 8 because windows 10 is a bloated piece of shit.

2 Likes

Re: See What My System Is Showing, Please Who Can Help Me With Solution To This by cixak95211: 1:26am On Sep 08, 2020
SegFault:
Go and download Linux una no wan hear word, kpele. My advice to you is that if you wish to keep on using windows get windows 8 because windows 10 is a bloated piece of shit.

Your assumptions are very wrong on a whole lot of levels.
I've witnessed linux boot errors to due to failed headers update, the only saving grace was Rsync
Whomsoever borrowed his pc must have messed with it somewhere
I program on MacOs, Linux and Windows everyday, this message was posted from Windows
and I have never had any issue with Windows in my programming career, not even a BSOD.
And windows 10 was the next best thing after windows 7. windows 8 was a failed experiment
Why people have issues with windows is cos they often installed cracked versions and therefore disable system updates, [plus disabling system updates to save data]
I would advise anybody using windows for professional development to install a genuine version and have peace of mind
and if you have enough bandwidth, please allow automatic system updates. Its very critical for system stability, even Linux too.
if it wasnt, then Linux wouldnt have introduced "canonical livepatch", but i guess, you dont' know what that means.
cheers

6 Likes

Re: See What My System Is Showing, Please Who Can Help Me With Solution To This by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 08, 2020
emae009:
you need a window recovery disc. or windows installation disc
It's a chrome book
Re: See What My System Is Showing, Please Who Can Help Me With Solution To This by Najdorf: 4:40pm On Sep 08, 2020
Try googling the problem.

Just a brief google search I ran and I'm already seeing multiple videos and sites discussing how to solve it.
Re: See What My System Is Showing, Please Who Can Help Me With Solution To This by hardebayho(m): 5:17pm On Sep 08, 2020
cixak95211:

I've witnessed linux boot errors to due to failed headers update, the only saving grace was Rsync
I program on MacOs, Linux and Windows everyday, this message was posted from Windows
and I have never had any issue with Windows in my programming career, not even a BSOD.
And windows 10 was the next best thing after windows 7. windows 8 was a failed experiment
Why people have issues with windows is cos they often installed cracked versions and therefore disable system updates, [plus disabling system updates to save data]
I would advise anybody using windows for professional development to install a genuine version and have peace of mind
and if you have enough bandwidth, please allow automatic system updates. Its very critical for system stability, even Linux too.
if it wasnt, then Linux wouldnt have introduced "canonical livepatch", but i guess, you dont' know what that means.
cheers

Okay, I personally do not like Windows, so I'll probably be bias with this. I've used Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10 before and of all of them, Windows 7 is my personal best. It's the most stable and for people like me that don't like to waste data on updating or patching nonsense, Windows 7 just about did it for me. I didn't like Windows 8 and 10 for any reason, cause they're too bloated. By default, they come with lots of unneeded nonsense.

My major beef with windows though is that I'm the kind that likes to compile every open source library I use myself (I'm talking C++ here), instead of using prebuilt libraries. My God, Windows is the most frustrating operating system in that respect. That's why I switched to Linux and I've never looked back since.

Your "cannonical livepatch" thing is entirely optional. I usually don't like to update my OS, unless there's some serious security patch I need to incorporate, and even those I look at very carefully before doing it. Linux is very notorious when it comes to updates, and I don't want my perfectly working grub2 to start giving me errors I've never seen in my life. I ain't debugging any boot-weirdo thing.

Anyway, as always, windows sucks!!!

2 Likes

Re: See What My System Is Showing, Please Who Can Help Me With Solution To This by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 08, 2020
cixak95211:

cheers
And those so called windows updates love coming at very bad times, the amount of crashes that attacked me when I was using windows 10 was enough to keep me off, number two and most of all windows greatest problem is that it is not posix compliant, which means code that I write that will compile safely on Linux and MacOS will not work at all on Windows, MingW and Cygwin were attempts to correct this but they suck terribly at that, no signal handling and windows exception system is bogus and useless. Windows 7 is the best windows distro and they stupidly cut off support for it. I forgot to mention the time you waste downloading and updating drivers and dlls.
Re: See What My System Is Showing, Please Who Can Help Me With Solution To This by cixak95211: 9:23pm On Sep 08, 2020
cixak95211:
True, but i still dont know what version of windows you guys run. Fact, is running windows, is not cheap. If you dont have unlimited data, better to steer clear of windows, than try to disable updates.
Last fact: Dont try using Windows for a job for Unix , each of the OSes have their specific use cases.
Its akin to firing up Ubuntu and expecting to see Office365, and then crying that "Wine" sucks.
I cannot live without office365 and gaming so i use windows pretty much
I cannot also live without superb trackpad gestures, lol [ me joking ], macos comes to the rescue
and when i wanna look cool at public events, or just blend into the crowd at technical events . . . i go with the Linux machine
case closed !

True, but i still dont know what version of windows you guys run.
windows studies you and knows when you're active and will never try to full-cycle update. Never!
Even if it takes 10 years, its gonna wait.
The only disadvantage is that you do have to powerdown when its time. But even on Linux, critical updates do require a reboot, except, once again
you're into livepatching, and that's pretty much for servers, hardly used by personal users.
These cracked versions do have some features cut out, perhaps.
Fact, is running windows, is not cheap. If you dont have unlimited data, better to steer clear of windows, than try to disable updates.
Last fact: Dont try using Windows for a job for Unix , each of the OSes have their specific use cases.
Its akin to firing up Ubuntu and expecting to see Office365, and then crying that "Wine" sucks.
I cannot live without office365 and gaming so i use windows pretty much
I cannot also live without superb trackpad gestures, lol [ me joking ], macos comes to the rescue
and when i wanna look cool at public events, or just blend into the crowd at technical events . . . i go with the Linux machine
case closed !

p.s. i am not a windows fan"man" . . i have all three OSes and them for their specific uses cases without bias.
Re: See What My System Is Showing, Please Who Can Help Me With Solution To This by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:37pm On Sep 08, 2020
SegFault:
Please don't say this again. Window 10 is the most stable after window 7. I have used windows 10 on my pc since I bought it and it has never coughed.
Re: See What My System Is Showing, Please Who Can Help Me With Solution To This by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 08, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

Please don't say this again. Window 10 is the most stable after window 7. I have used windows 10 on my pc since I bought it and it has never coughed.
My own crashed twice every week, I thought it was only me so I went to some YouTube videos and read the comment section many people complained that the shit is big for nothing and it crashed to much. That is not even my main problem, my main problem is that it is not posix compliant, it is closed source, it is locked, it doesn't come with half of the system drivers and dynamically linked libraries. Linux developers make all the drivers and core libraries themselves because they know that they make open source and free software and don't earn anything from it (you yourself can even contribute to Linux). Microsoft have an issue, anytime they release updates, the size of the software shoots up along with bugs.
Re: See What My System Is Showing, Please Who Can Help Me With Solution To This by cixak95211: 9:55pm On Sep 08, 2020
^ Is Linux office365 compliant, and should i be damn mad that it isnt and hit my head on the wall?
What do i do when i am in dire need of office365 for my business to survive and i only have a linux machine?
your guess is as good as mine . . . i stop crying and buy a windows machine or a mac
you are in dire need of posix compliance, stop crying, get or install a unix flavor
as OS cannot be everything, even macos has limits
Steven spielberg may love windows to a fault, but he actually needs to edit movies, and so has to be stuck with a mac just cos he needs
Final cut pro . . he doesnt go on crying about how he cannot use final cut pro on windows, cos its not final-cut pro compliant
please grow up! be a man

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Close I Was To A Great Success In My Life / CTO Hunt! / How To Convert NSF File To PST File

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.