Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,443 members, 7,861,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:32 AM

Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona (27464 Views)

Messi Finally Scores His 700th Career Goal In Style As Barca Draw With Atletico / Lionel Messi All Smiles As He Returns To Training After Breaking His Arm / Real Madrid Stars Show Off Their Awards At Training After The Fifa's Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Timekeeper: 8:59am On Sep 08, 2020

Nice decision
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by K4daniel: 9:00am On Sep 08, 2020
Eyaa unhappy Messi..they just spoilt his show...he will be playing without giving his best.

Guys watch out...they will beat....they will beat...hell out of Barca this season.

I feel for Messi..Barca should have let him go.
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Rugaria: 9:00am On Sep 08, 2020
His seemingly lack of serious commitment is obviously effecting the general team moral
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:00am On Sep 08, 2020
If he goes to Man City he must pay a clause of £700m to Barcelona but get paid £750m by Mancity at the end of his contract. He was caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. He saw hope in the deep blue sea and he returned.
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Clemzy16(m): 9:01am On Sep 08, 2020
Messi knows too well not to leave Barca otherwise his career might just go down the drain.
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Akfrenzy(m): 9:01am On Sep 08, 2020
grin Messi abeg stop using us to catch fun every end of the season bcuz it ain't gonna change the fact say una chop 8-2 from club destroyers aka Bayern

2 Likes

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by davidodiba(m): 9:02am On Sep 08, 2020
My GOAT
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by frankmoney(m): 9:07am On Sep 08, 2020
Coward

1 Like

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by solmusdesigns: 9:08am On Sep 08, 2020
He pain me no be small... But agreements are agreements and he is a Gentleman for respecting the contract

2021 nothing can stop his exit
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Damianwest19: 9:08am On Sep 08, 2020
Laliga will definitely be interesting this season because an angry Messi will be playing for his beloved Barcelona after his failed attempt to leave the league. I wonder if he will channell his anger to other teams in the league.Only time will tell !
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Bornfool(m): 9:09am On Sep 08, 2020
Austineva:
D real GOAT is here again to destroy every team in d world including manure fc. Only my Darling Chelsea stands a chance of coming against d real GOAT

And you chop 3

1 Like

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Ahmback(m): 9:10am On Sep 08, 2020
who get ur time self?

Pls nairalanders, tomorrow is my birthday, 9th Sept. I'd be glad to hear from you guys
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by themes009(m): 9:11am On Sep 08, 2020
kokakola:
I have been watching this guy closely and I discovered he is a perfect gentleman. He has some good attitude and he surely know how to react without cheap publicity, Infact, he hates publicity.
I just like his personality and this is why he has achieved this much.

You're good follower.
He decided not to take his beloved club to court..
I want him out of Berca so much but I really respect his decision. His a wise man

1 Like

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by kaludestiny10(m): 9:12am On Sep 08, 2020
Pastor David second of salvation ministry.
The writer just made a simple and harmless statement, but you have taken it so personal by using abusive words on him.
Let's try to respect the opinion of others provided their opinions are not provocative.
Thanks.
domino4211:

Don't be stupid..
A smart person will know he did want to leave but the club just couldn't let go and if he'd pushed on it would've resulted in bad blood between him and the club.
Don't be childish and don't allow fanatism turn you into a retard.
Btw,who are you that you think you're so important that they'll wanna use you to catch cruise or distract you from that demolition?
You're as irrelevant to the club and Messi as a condom is in a convent..

1 Like

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by FuckThaMod: 9:12am On Sep 08, 2020
Emu4life:
How do you explain to your children that FIVE is greater than SIX?
How do you explain 2 is greater than 0

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Beverlyjean(f): 9:13am On Sep 08, 2020
FlordFlorez:
When Ronaldo wanted to go, nobody send am or even beg am not to. But Messi wanted to go, the whole Spain is begging him.

Plz, someone should remind me who is the GOAT again... grin grin

Thats cos he is a professional and decisive...the little man just wants attention by creating controversy

3 Likes

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Justicec1: 9:13am On Sep 08, 2020
Messi can't leave barca and he knows that.he is just using Manchester City to catch fun
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Ent3rpreneur(m): 9:14am On Sep 08, 2020
Emu4life:
How do you explain to your children that FIVE is greater than SIX?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by FuckThaMod: 9:17am On Sep 08, 2020
FlordFlorez:
When Ronaldo wanted to go, nobody send am or even beg am not to. But Messi wanted to go, the whole Spain is begging him.

Plz, someone should remind me who is the GOAT again... grin grin
It was all planned work to distract fans from the 8-2 calamity.. Also, real madrid had respect for Ronaldo's wishes.
The real GOAT would always be CR7

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by hush15: 9:18am On Sep 08, 2020
ogbiwa:
Barcelona's all-time top scorer Lionel Messi has returned to training following his failed attempt to force a move away from the club.

Messi, 33, submitted a transfer request on 25 August but said last Friday he would stay because it is "impossible" for any team to pay his release clause.

It is the first time the Argentine has trained at the club since the arrival of new manager Ronald Koeman.

Barcelona begin their La Liga campaign against Villarreal on 27 September.

Messi trained on his own, as did Philippe Coutinho, while the rest of the squad trained together.

Messi failed to attend the club's testing for Covid-19 on 30 August and has been absent from training since sending a fax informing the club of his wish to exercise a clause in his contract which he believed would allow him to leave for free with immediate effect.

Both Barcelona and La Liga insisted that clause was no longer valid - with any club wishing to buy him required to pay a release clause of 700m euros (£624m).

La Liga president Javier Tebas said at the launch of the 2020-21 La Liga season on Monday he was "never seriously worried" Messi would leave Barcelona this summer.

"We want Messi to be with us. He is the best player in the history of football and we want him to end his career in La Liga," said Tebas.

"He has been with us for 20 years and we are so pleased he is staying with us and not going to another league."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54061309

So they rather destroy his career than watch him leave? Messi had better be careful of their shenanigans before next summer cos those guys don't want him to go, even if he is just a figure head in the team
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Openbusiness: 9:18am On Sep 08, 2020
Well, at least, there's still good news coming out of this. My Chelsea go win EPL this season cool The Sky remains BLUE for now
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by cjudy(m): 9:19am On Sep 08, 2020
Austineva:
D real GOAT is here again to destroy every team in d world including manure fc. Only my Darling Chelsea stands a chance of coming against d real GOAT
Second Class Goat abi Hausa Goat.
Make he go shine for another league na. Cold enter him body when he heard Leeds is Playing Premier league, he change mind by force.

1 Like

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Openbusiness: 9:20am On Sep 08, 2020
hush15:

So they rather destroy his career than watch him leave? Messi had better be careful of their shenanigans before next summer cos those guys don't want him to go, even if he is just a figure head in the team
They want to tie him down there forever. Can't really blame them though. Players like Messi come once like every 3,000 years grin Highest goal scorer in a single year in the ENTIRE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL, even beating legendary players as likes of Pele, Marco Van Basten, Cruff. Even Ronaldo can never beat that in the next 1,000 years
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Martini101(m): 9:20am On Sep 08, 2020
How Barcelona convinced Messi to stay�������

Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by FuckThaMod: 9:21am On Sep 08, 2020
Damianwest19:
Laliga will definitely be interesting this season because an angry Messi will be playing for his beloved Barcelona after his failed attempt to leave the league. I wonder if he will channell his anger to other teams in the league.Only time will tell !
Story, he is finished. No spectacular changes in his performance this season, they might even go trophyless again. Just watch..
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Beedude(m): 9:23am On Sep 08, 2020
nairaman66:
Messi has always held Barcelona to their balls for more money on different occasions! Yet Messi’s fans would argue that he is committed to the club.

Even La Liga president doesn't want him to go.
Barca also couldn't afford to let him leave.

There is a reason for this.

Leaving La Liga will always be bad market for both Barca and La liga in a commercial sense.

Folks like u wont see that cos Ronaldo wasn't begged to stay in La Liga by Madrid or La liga .

Messi is the only GOAT at the moment and he deserves whatever PAY he get.
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Bewiseedet(m): 9:23am On Sep 08, 2020
Messi is a coward
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Joseph08(m): 9:25am On Sep 08, 2020
Mtchweee!!!

How will that add to my Bank account undecided
Re: Messi Finally Returns To Training After Confirming He'll Stay At Barcelona by Equity15(m): 9:27am On Sep 08, 2020
Yeye and I decisive assistant Goat.

Please choose your GOAT wisely

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

West Ham Signs Deal With FC Ifeanyi Ubah / Samson Siasia: Life-Ban Reduced To Five Years By Court Of Arbitration For Sport / Unai Emery Appoints New Captain After Fall Out With Koscielny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.