Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,807 members, 7,827,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Tha Wounded Heart, Episode 3 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tha Wounded Heart, Episode 3 (275 Views)

Tha Wounded Heart, Episode 4 / Tha Wounded Heart, Episode 2 / Tha Wounded Heart, Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tha Wounded Heart, Episode 3 by BeigJawnson(m): 9:34am On Sep 08, 2020
As we all knelt down, Mrs Adepoju started lashing us with strokes of cane and raining curses as usual.
She ended her course of curses by shouting with her ugly voice, if you useless children like, don't do my assignment. First thing tomorrow morning, all assignments should be on my table. She went out mubbling words with bitterness.

Students flared up, some were saying, how they wish they have a mysterious power and get her killed, some saying they wish they had guns and get her killed. I and my thoughts, saying in my mind, why is this woman like this? Right from SS1, She always tell me, I can't become somebody in life now again with her curses and yet our class teacher. God I must become somebody in life.

How am I going to get this assignment done, my mind filled with thoughts upon thoughts. School closes for that day. After afternoon assembly, every other students on their way to their various houses.
I and Quadri went to tha school library to get tha assignments done, we solved all mathematical problems she gave us. Quadri was tha one teaching me to tha best of his knowledge. We both went to our various homes.

Next day in school, we had our subjects till it was mathematics period after break time, when break time ended, all students in my class in sober mood.

Few minutes later, this tall dark slender woman, appeared in a white T-shirt and blue trousers. Class captain roared as usual, ALL STAND GREET! we all echoed, good afternoon ma. She replied, sit down. Now corrections on our assignments, she solved tha mathematical problems on tha board, she beckoned on tha class captain to distribute our books to us, out of 10 sums, I got nil. I looked at Quadri's face, he too was in sober.
After class captain finished distributing our books, Mrs Adepoju shouted, if you score all tha sums raise you hands. Nobody came out, she said again, if you score 9, come out. Nobody, till she mentioned 5, our class captain raised his hand, she said to him, okay come outside, stay over there, he did. She said again if you score 4, come out. Some students came out. 3! 2!! 1!!! come outside, she said again, all other students came out, except I and Quadri.

Mrs Adepoju bursted into laugh, I know you can't make it in life, you these two useless children. How do you want to make it life when you don't know mathematics. Before we knew it, she came towards where we sitted, told us to kneel down, serious lashing fell on us. This day was horrible. Curses going on! She kept saying, you can become something in life if you dont know mathematics. You cant and I am sure.

That first term in school was horrible, second term too was another term with curses upon curses from this same teacher, Mrs Adepoju.

You will never become something in life! You will never be somebody!! Your parents are just wasting their money!!! All these were echoing in my mind. I bursted into a shout, I will make it in life! I will become somebody in life in Jesus name. Never knew when Quadri was at my side, I heard a sounding Amen! I was shocked. Hey Quadri! How are you? I asked, he replied I am fine, I know it is that woman that you are thinking of. We will make it in life. I replied, Amen. Well Quadri, you know I wasn't like this dull when it comes to maths when we were in JSS? He replied yes.
Even me too I wasn't too dull, why now? I think we need to focus cos one thing that I do think about what that witch, referring to Mrs Adepoju use to say is, how can you make it in life, when you don't know mathematics. I said, yes that it true. Now for us to make it in life, we must know maths. Quadri, you are right.

Some weeks later, West Africa Examinations time table is out, All SS3 students going to check and see tha time table in tha school library.

Days later, Examination is set, SS3 students all going into tha school hall to have their general subject, Mathematics. We were all sitted, invigilators on set, make sure you are not caught with any malpractice! One of tha invigilators shouted from tha front.
Examination going on, Mrs Adepoju came in, and started again, with a low voice while moving from row to row, saying I know some of you are blockheads, that don't know maths, how can you make it in life? You can't pass! This woman again! I will be somebody in life, this mathematics, I must pass, having that thoughts in my mind while solving my sums.

With weeks gone, final exams done and ended. I am out of this college. Bye bye to this school, I was shouting on top of my voice, with joy in my heart flowing like a river.

Two years after I finished from secondary school, I was admitted into university. I studied medicine and I graduated.
On my graduation day, my dad, mom and my siblings made efforts to be there on my convocation day. Merriment everywhere. It was a happy day, we took several photographs. Suddenly that old ugly voice echoed in my head.

https://storiesbybeigjawnson..com/2020/07/heart-episode-3.html

Watch out for episode 4 of THA WOUNDED HEART

(1) (Reply)

My Journey Through Singlehood By Christiana Oghogho Okafor / Wonder Child. / How They Raise Their Land.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.