Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Job Interview Tips: How To Pass A Job Interview Today - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Interview Tips: How To Pass A Job Interview Today (138 Views)

What My Black Lips Caused Me During An Interview Today / How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today / I Got A Message For An Interview Today, Check The Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Job Interview Tips: How To Pass A Job Interview Today by hrm93: 10:23am On Sep 09, 2020
Job Interview Tips to Pass a Job Interview Today

1. Be Strategic and Deliberate with your research
2. Look the Role
3. Be intentional with your Answers
4. Leave an impression (a gift)

1. Be Strategic and Deliberate with Your Research
Research may be the most mentioned job interview tip. You may have heard about its importance before an interview. Yes, it’s true. But it’s not just any kind of research. This type is strategic because employers may major in different industries. Your research should note key company values such as mission statements, industry, staff strength, and product offerings.

How does their mission statement translate to their performance in sales, customer success, market and etc? What position are they in the industry? Who could be their competitors? Are they aware, performing well or just sleepwalking?

As an interview candidate, you will have to research like a doctor. The research is your opportunity to understand the company culture, progress, and successes. It is also an opportunity to diagnose them. What value will your role be adding if employed? Also, a research approach that is strategic and deliberate will nourish the answers you give during interviews.

You should use the lens of problem detection and problem-solving to conduct your company research. During interviews, questions like “Why Should We Hire You?” will pop up. They give you a clear shot at selling yourself using your success stories in previous companies and similar projects. You can do this while citing strategic details you researched on the target company.

2. Look the Role

This part is perhaps the most cliched job interview tip. “Dress how you’d want to be addressed.” But it goes beyond dressing smart. It also has a lot to do with your confidence. Once job candidates recognize the importance of first impressions, job interviews get a lot easier.

Virtually every candidate with a good CV that speaks to the employer’s needs will get the invitation to the interview. Unfortunately, that is just the beginning. It is important that you keep up the show and impress the hosts. This job interview tip is in typical boys scout fashion, “Be Prepared.”

The reputation in your CV shouldn’t just precede you by opening doors for you. You should live up to your own standards or match the standards of the target company. You are applying for a role, right? Then you have to look like the expert in the dressing. Again, you have to sound like an expert. Begin to paint imaginary pictures of things you would do when you join the team Use the right words to get them to see.

“Oh, I notice ABC Ltd., just launched the Teams software. From my research, it’s targeted at CEOs. How’s the reception so far?… Great! See what I came up with. Here’s what we’ll do…”

Language functions as both weapon and tool. Know when to activate a function. To quote famous rapper Nas, “You only have one first chance to make one first impression that lasts a lifetime.” Recruiters are hired to find people who can deliver great results for the company. You are going to deliver those results. Let your confidence shine like the candidate about to deliver a sales presentation for Apple.

Things like handshakes, eye contact, tone, and sitting posture have their implications in interviews. These attributes easily can betray your intentions. Therefore, it is essential that you rehearse and practice the fundamentals of job interviews. Again, it’s important to note job interview tips are not substitutes for skill and expertise. Your skill and expertise in that field will yield the results that will keep transform your company in business and make you a valuable team player.

To be continued…
Get instant invitations with the cover letter templates here: https://mailchi.mp/8ce14967313c/embrace-your-moment-of-glory

(1) (Reply)

Goethe Institut Basic Wikipedia Modular Training 2020 For African Women / Professorial Corruption In The Academia 2: An Acid Test For The Unilag / Qualified Business E-teacher Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.