Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

The Reason We Have Tiny Pockets In Jeans - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Reason We Have Tiny Pockets In Jeans (503 Views)

How To Look Attractive In Jeans / Will You Rock This N60k Cut-Out Jeans? / Kourtney Koko, Little Girl Wears Ripped Jeans In Style (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Reason We Have Tiny Pockets In Jeans by emaxjey(m): 8:06pm On Sep 10, 2020
Well, today, it doesn't really serve a purpose, but it used to in the late 1800s. The small pocket is called a watch pocket. Back then, cowboys used to wear their watches on chains and kept them in their waistcoats. To keep them from getting broken, Levis introduced this small pocket where they could keep their watch. smiley

Reference: Google

Cc: Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: The Reason We Have Tiny Pockets In Jeans by Alsonjecs: 7:47pm On Apr 29, 2022
I think it's a wonderful accessory
Re: The Reason We Have Tiny Pockets In Jeans by mollyfq: 9:01pm On Apr 29, 2022
It is known that this pocket first appeared on Levi's 501 jeans. There are several versions of why it was invented. According to one of them, the pocket was used to keep watches on a chain in it - then, it was a bit bigger than now, so the watches could easily fit in it. By the way, in Levi's catalog, it is still called "watch pocket."
Now the retro style is in fashion, and many people are interested in how to wear a pocket watch. I also like to wear such a watch, but I like to combine it with suits and pants.

(1) (Reply)

. / Press On Nail Sets Has Changed The Game (Wholesale Available) / 17 Fashion Style That Every Designer Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.