Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,582 members, 7,837,196 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA (40603 Views)

Macmillan Pacesetters Ebook Download / Million Dollar Day / Macmillan, Ubec And Others In N15billion Copyright Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by nBag(m): 10:57am On Sep 11, 2020
something you must love Uncle Sam for, there's opportunity for everyone so long you are serious.
Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 11, 2020
lekbel09:
You had to allow the ethnic jingoist take a hold of you
Not necessarily language though evolving have an emotional attachment, I wonder what the Hausa or Fulani version would be.
Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by FuckOsuPigs: 11:01am On Sep 11, 2020
Ogbuu101:
Oily soup amaka grin
excess pepper soup amaka grin

For how many minutes are you happy out of 24 hours?

2 Likes

Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by obibob2020(m): 11:02am On Sep 11, 2020
She looks like Halima Abubakar.
Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by GallantDuke(m): 11:03am On Sep 11, 2020
loopman:

Don’t do that nonsense again
Kilo selee?
Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by GallantDuke(m): 11:05am On Sep 11, 2020
loopman:

Kilo selee?
Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by GallantDuke(m): 11:07am On Sep 11, 2020
mamaafrik:
Yoruba lagba,no make we throw you this shovelooo
Abeg throw
Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by loopman: 11:09am On Sep 11, 2020
GallantDuke:

Kilo selee?

Tun oshi to ko so’ke yen ka

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by Awoo88: 11:11am On Sep 11, 2020
GallantDuke:

Must you attack religion?
I am.not attacking religion but the shit head who wrote this will spoil celebration for her. It is stupid to say the least
Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by GallantDuke(m): 11:21am On Sep 11, 2020
Awoo88:

I am.not attacking religion but the shit head who wrote this will spoil celebration for her. It is stupid to say the least
I read the post and I didn't see anywhere the OP said the young girl succeed because she is a Muslim or attributed her success to her religion. The poster just said that she is a Muslim?

1 Like

Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by DiegoMaria(m): 11:22am On Sep 11, 2020
That's my babe , the love of my life Am so happy for her

1 Like

Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by GallantDuke(m): 11:24am On Sep 11, 2020
loopman:

Tun oshi to ko so’ke yen ka
Kinii ose nkan ti mo ko? Ok Yoruba Lagba Se oti daa baayi?

4 Likes

Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by ebbo(m): 11:24am On Sep 11, 2020
GboyegaD:
Congratulations to her.

I don't think the part of she being religious and not attending booze filled parties is necessary.

That part is not necessary because she happens to be a Muslim right? Yeye de smell.
Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by ndukwechinasa: 11:26am On Sep 11, 2020
LegendHero:

Source: https://metro.co.uk/2020/09/09/british-student-21-secures-million-dollar-book-deal-in-us-13246074/
Nice one. The only thing that made me happy is she is Yoruba and then using an Igbo name as a character. It promotes national unity.

4 Likes

Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by Benmob: 11:27am On Sep 11, 2020
It time for yoruba amaka
Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by loopman: 11:28am On Sep 11, 2020
GallantDuke:

Kinii ose nkan ti mo ko?
Ok Yoruba Lagba
Se oti daa baayi?

cool cool
Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by Bahamas95(m): 11:36am On Sep 11, 2020
YORUBA AMAKA

BRITAIN AMAKA

NIGERIA AMAKA
Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by papae1(m): 11:37am On Sep 11, 2020
Philipponzaghi:

Wetin concern Yoruba with Amaka?

Yoruba Lagba!

Hahhahahahahhaha

1 Like

Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by BoverLY: 11:38am On Sep 11, 2020
Amaka lagba. angryAmaka lagba.

1 Like

Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by EJanni(f): 11:41am On Sep 11, 2020
Congratulations girl. I'm next in line for 'congratulations'
Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 11, 2020
loopman:

but you didn't see the chi AMAKA, the main character, in her novel, abi?

1 Like

Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by Litmus: 11:45am On Sep 11, 2020
Nigeria is a vibrant place, full of cultures, full of energy, and full of superstition and the birthplace of Chinese whispers, often done with humour and eye-winking mischief. Every Nigerian is a story teller.
Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by abiala2015(m): 11:53am On Sep 11, 2020
Congratulations to her. She's making the black proud.
Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by mentored: 11:55am On Sep 11, 2020
Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by Deborah98(f): 11:56am On Sep 11, 2020
Congrats to her,we need more of this...
Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by sexylassie2(f): 11:58am On Sep 11, 2020
trutharena:
This is huge.

Congratulations Abike!

Do not congratulate her because she might not see any penny.

She is a new writer, she will have to pay back all the money to the publisher back.

Book publishing is just like the music industry.
Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by InvertedHammer: 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2020
/
21 years old and a million dollar book deal...

While some cannot think beyond Laycon, Kidwaya and Erica....then proceed to enhacing their online begging skills thereafter.

/

1 Like

Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by laiperi: 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2020
What is wrong with Nigerians?

This chest beating is infectious, I swear!

What part of the deal lift your big lazy ass up or lift up your sorry ass as the Poverty Capital of the world?

As Nigeria sinks lower, Amaka has become a competition. Even a journey through the desert and sea is a celebration.

Disgusting.
Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by omenka(m): 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2020
Philipponzaghi:

Wetin concern Yoruba with Amaka?

Yoruba Lagba!
What is Yoruba Lagba?

Nigeria Lagba Amaka!
Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by sesan85(m): 12:12pm On Sep 11, 2020
LegendHero:

Source: https://metro.co.uk/2020/09/09/british-student-21-secures-million-dollar-book-deal-in-us-13246074/

Are you aware that even Bernadine Evaristo is mixed race Yoruba? Her Yoruba name is Mobolaji.

5 Likes

Re: Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA by fati2001(m): 12:13pm On Sep 11, 2020
cheesy Africa Amaka.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pregnant Oyin VAkpan Goes Topless In New Photoshoot / Popular Works Of African Poets. / OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.