Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Web Development Tutorials - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Web Development Tutorials (1707 Views)

New Web Development Tutorials Blog / New Web Development Tutorials Blog / Help - Links To Native Android Development Tutorials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Development Tutorials by Jas80: 9:24am On Sep 11, 2020
Good morning everyone, hope you had a wonderful night.

I am going to be teaching people about website development, I will teach you everything you need to know about frontend and backend development.

So, if you are interested, please indicate by saying I am in

1 Like

Re: Web Development Tutorials by EmdRizy(m): 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2020
Jas80:

I am going to be teaching people about website development, I will teach you everything you need to know about frontend and backend development.

Iam in!
Re: Web Development Tutorials by suzzyrims: 7:08pm On Sep 11, 2020
I am in
Re: Web Development Tutorials by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 11, 2020
shocked
I am un
Re: Web Development Tutorials by Chrismentor3: 7:33am On Sep 12, 2020
I'm in
Re: Web Development Tutorials by pat077: 2:50pm On Sep 13, 2020
I'm in
Re: Web Development Tutorials by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 13, 2020
I'm in
Re: Web Development Tutorials by ovanda(m): 4:21pm On Sep 14, 2020
Am in

1 Like

Re: Web Development Tutorials by Abcruz(m): 5:25pm On Sep 14, 2020
I'm in
Re: Web Development Tutorials by ambitiouschap17: 8:26pm On Sep 14, 2020
I am in
Re: Web Development Tutorials by AIT1(m): 9:15pm On Sep 14, 2020
Let's get started...
Re: Web Development Tutorials by Jas80: 10:15am On Sep 18, 2020
Good morning everyone, hope you woke up strong.

Today, we are going to start our web development tutorials, so, without wasting much time, let's get started.

What is a web page?

Web pages are made using the Hyper Text Markup Language, popularly called HTML. We create web pages using html and we style this web pages with the cascading style sheets, popularly known as CSS. A web page consist of information relating to the website. For example, a website used for downloading musics, should have information relating to musics on it. A web page not only consist of textual information. Pictures, videos can also be embedded in a web page.

What is a website?

A website is a collection of web pages. I think there is no need to say more about this, because i think we all know what a website is. But in case you don't know, feel free to ask.

Parts of a website

A website is mainly divided into two parts, namely:

1)The Front end
2)The Back end

The frontend:

The frontend of a website is that part of the website that is displayed on the browser. Everything you see on nairaland are on the front end of the website. The frontend of a website is designed using things like html, css and javascript. People who develop the frontend of a website are called frontend developers.

The backend:

The backend of a website refers to the part of that website not visible to the users of the website. In the backend of a website, every information concerning the website can be gotten without the users of the website knowing. For example, you can comment on a post, like a post, follow someone and do some other just because of backend development. It is still at the backend of a website, that your account can be deleted or restricted to do somethings when you fail to comply with the rules of that website. For example, a mod can stop you from doing anything on nairaland because the script for that was written at the backend of nairaland. We use languages such as PHP, NodeJs, java, ruby and other languages to develop the backend of a website. People who develop the backend of a website are called Backend developers.

Also, there are some people who can develop the backend and frontend of a website, these people are called full stack developers..

So, thats all for now. please indicate if you are interested in backend or frontend development

2 Likes

Re: Web Development Tutorials by AIT1(m): 1:47pm On Sep 18, 2020
Jas80:
Good morning everyone, hope you woke up strong.

Today, we are going to start our web development tutorials, so, without wasting much time, let's get started.

What is a web page?

Web pages are made using the Hyper Text Markup Language, popularly called HTML. We create web pages using html and we style this web pages with the cascading style sheets, popularly known as CSS. A web page consist of information relating to the website. For example, a website used for downloading musics, should have information relating to musics on it. A web page not only consist of textual information. Pictures, videos can also be embedded in a web page.

What is a website?

A website is a collection of web pages. I think there is no need to say more about this, because i think we all know what a website is. But in case you don't know, feel free to ask.

Parts of a website

A website is mainly divided into two parts, namely:

1)The Front end
2)The Back end

The frontend:

The frontend of a website is that part of the website that is displayed on the browser. Everything you see on nairaland are on the front end of the website. The frontend of a website is designed using things like html, css and javascript. People who develop the frontend of a website are called frontend developers.

The backend:

The backend of a website refers to the part of that website not visible to the users of the website. In the backend of a website, every information concerning the website can be gotten without the users of the website knowing. For example, you can comment on a post, like a post, follow someone and do some other just because of backend development. It is still at the backend of a website, that your account can be deleted or restricted to do somethings when you fail to comply with the rules of that website. For example, a mod can stop you from doing anything on nairaland because the script for that was written at the backend of nairaland. We use languages such as PHP, NodeJs, java, ruby and other languages to develop the backend of a website. People who develop the backend of a website are called Backend developers.

Also, there are some people who can develop the backend and frontend of a website, these people are called full stack developers..

So, thats all for now. please indicate if you are interested in backend or frontend development

Thanks for the explanation.

Before I place my interest, please what is the duration for learning front end and backend?

With that I will be able to determine the one to go for. Thank you.
Re: Web Development Tutorials by Jas80: 5:05pm On Sep 18, 2020
AIT1:

Thanks for the explanation.

Before I place my interest, please what is the duration for learning front end and backend?

With that I will be able to determine the one to go for. Thank you.

To be sincere with you, there is no specific duration to learn frontend or backend, everything depends on how quick you can get programming concepts.

But in my own opinion, I think backend development is faster to learn(but this depends on the programming language). As a frontend developer, you will need to be an expert in HTMl,Css, JavaScript, it will take you alot of time to learn all those language, but in backend a basic knowledge of HTML and CSS should suffice

1 Like

Re: Web Development Tutorials by AIT1(m): 5:30pm On Sep 18, 2020
Jas80:

To be sincere with you, there is no specific duration to learn frontend or backend, everything depends on how quick you can get programming concepts.

But in my own opinion, I think backend development is faster to learn(but this depends on the programming language). As a frontend developer, you will need to be an expert in HTMl,Css, JavaScript, it will take you alot of time to learn all those language, but in backend a basic knowledge of HTML and CSS should suffice

Okay. Thank you.
Re: Web Development Tutorials by Jas80: 5:39pm On Sep 18, 2020
AIT1:

Okay. Thank you.
you are welcome
Re: Web Development Tutorials by Abcruz(m): 6:01pm On Sep 18, 2020
Jas80:

I'll like to follow frontend route before embarking on backend development. Thanks for the introduction.
Re: Web Development Tutorials by Rincrys: 9:53pm On Sep 18, 2020
I'm in
Re: Web Development Tutorials by Arewaitech: 5:31am On Sep 19, 2020
I'm interested
Re: Web Development Tutorials by pat077: 9:02am On Sep 27, 2020
What is happening here?
Re: Web Development Tutorials by Jas80: 1:56pm On Sep 27, 2020
pat077:
What is happening here?

hello Pat, happy Sunday. About why there are no more posts from me, I just thought that I might be wasting my time posting lessons here, cos i noticed people don't really follow web development and programming lessons on nairaland.

In summary, I don't want to be teaching myself
Re: Web Development Tutorials by pat077: 2:47pm On Sep 27, 2020
Jas80:

hello Pat, happy Sunday. About why there are no more posts from me, I just thought that I might be wasting my time posting lessons here, cos i noticed people don't really follow web development and programming lessons on nairaland.

In summary, I don't want to be teaching myself
what about u open a WhatsApp group?
Re: Web Development Tutorials by Jeresa: 10:18pm On Sep 29, 2020
Pls open a WhatsApp group for us
Re: Web Development Tutorials by Jas80: 8:04am On Oct 02, 2020
Good morning everyone, those of you that wants to be in the group chat should drop their number
Re: Web Development Tutorials by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 02, 2020
Re: Web Development Tutorials by iamcyberzues: 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2020
Re: Web Development Tutorials by Jeresa: 9:13pm On Oct 04, 2020
Re: Web Development Tutorials by BOFREJO(m): 12:59pm On Oct 05, 2020
Re: Web Development Tutorials by cprudent4u(m): 1:48pm On Oct 05, 2020
Re: Web Development Tutorials by Naijasageblog: 2:11pm On Oct 05, 2020
Re: Web Development Tutorials by whemmytopsy(m): 10:59pm On Oct 05, 2020

Thank you
Re: Web Development Tutorials by chingle5(m): 11:26pm On Oct 05, 2020
Jas80:

Op how to one gave custom spacing of maybe 4-5 elements in WEB development

(1) (2) (Reply)

Programming Or Networking / Android Application Developers Directory / Which Financial App Has The Best Virtual Dollar Card?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.