Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

It Is Not Bleaching, I Just Take Too Much Fanta, Says Oyo State Governor - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / It Is Not Bleaching, I Just Take Too Much Fanta, Says Oyo State Governor (1354 Views)

Just Take A Good Look AT This! When Will Girls Ever Be Loyal ? / Aftermath Of A Heavy Downpour At Sabo, Oyo / I Want To Know The Meanin Of Fanta Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Not Bleaching, I Just Take Too Much Fanta, Says Oyo State Governor by LA2(m): 10:59am On Feb 24, 2011
It is not bleaching, I just take too much Fanta, says Oyo State Governor

Ibadan – Rumour mongers have finally been proven wrong as Governor Alao Akala of Oyo State has said that he is not bleaching and his yellow complexion, which he was not born with, is the result of overindulgence in the soft drink, Fanta.

SOURCE: [url]http://www.wazobiareport.com/reports/It-is-not-bleaching,-I-just-take-too-much-Fanta,-says-Oyo-State-Governor[/url]
Re: It Is Not Bleaching, I Just Take Too Much Fanta, Says Oyo State Governor by Pukkah: 11:14am On Feb 24, 2011
@Poster, kindly point out where exactly in this report the governor said so. I have culled and pasted the report below to make it easy for you.

=======================================================================================================

Ibadan – Rumour mongers have finally been proven wrong as Governor Alao Akala of Oyo State has said that he is not bleaching and his yellow complexion, which he was not born with, is the result of overindulgence in the soft drink, Fanta.

Governor Akala was forced to set the records straight after the rumour which has been dodging his political career suddenly became a tool in the hands of his enemies who want to run against him for office of the Governor.

Being of sound mind and gentlemanly disposition, the Governor, who is arguably the very bestest Governor in all of Nigeria, had hitherto refused to dignify the false rumour with a response.

But after spiritual intervention won him a court judgment allowing him to run for Governor again, his enemies, weary of his invincibility, decided to start fighting dirty.

They resorted to agbero tactics, very much unlike the good Governor himself who has always handled political oppositions with maturity and decorum, and conduct becoming of a Governor of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

The evil enemies in question are believed to be the unseen hands behind a new group of people calling themselves THE MOVEMENT AGAINST BAD ROLE MODELS IN PUBLIC OFFICES.

The Movement’s stated objectives as published on their website are:

To organise, mobilize, and sustain formal opposition against public office holders whose lifestyles, character, habits, tendencies, etc., make them bad role models for the youth of Nigeria.

To use every form of internet / social media, including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Wikileaks, Sahara Reporters, etc., to broadcast the excesses, inadequacies, inappropriate behaviours, and inappropriate enterprises of such bad role models.

To formally request their resignation, seek court judgments to remove and ban them from office, and even to seek judicial reviews over the matter.

Since inception, the movement has been publishing the names and sins of public office holders who they deem to be bad role models.

Topping the list of inappropriate conducts attributed to Governor Akala is the supposed skin bleaching which the chief executive has now adequately explained.

It is hoped that this would now put a lid on the matter.

- Jowo Mabinu, reporting for wazobiareport.com
http://www.wazobiareport.com/reports/It-is-not-bleaching,-I-just-take-too-much-Fanta,-says-Oyo-State-Governor
Re: It Is Not Bleaching, I Just Take Too Much Fanta, Says Oyo State Governor by LA2(m): 11:19am On Feb 24, 2011
@ Pukkah. www.wazobiareport.com is a Satire website, if you understand what that means.
And who begged you to copy the entire content? But again, I bet you wouldn't understand why you shouldn't have done that.
Re: It Is Not Bleaching, I Just Take Too Much Fanta, Says Oyo State Governor by Pukkah: 11:31am On Feb 24, 2011
You became incensed by a simple and innocent question. Is this how much pressure you can withstand? Although your reply reeks of rudeness, and even impudence, I have refrained from descending to your level or engaging in cyber fisticuffs.

Next time, be more receptive and display more tolerance; you never know who you may be talking to. This is simple etiquette.

Case closed.
Re: It Is Not Bleaching, I Just Take Too Much Fanta, Says Oyo State Governor by samolina1(m): 11:40am On Feb 24, 2011
Fanta drink turned someone complexion to yellow? This is a real satire!
Re: It Is Not Bleaching, I Just Take Too Much Fanta, Says Oyo State Governor by LA2(m): 12:04pm On Feb 24, 2011
@ Pukkah: I became incensed by your 'grand gesture' of copying the entire content from another site. I could have done so myself, but that wouldn't have been fair on the owners of the content, would it?

I found a funny, interesting story, and I decided to share it with other Nairalanders. I don't need to violate another website's intellectual property to do that.

But as I've often noticed on Nigerian forums, we just don't know that it's actually theft to copy and paste entire content. And guess what? It dose not matter if you state the source. My company worked with the Nigerian Copyrights Commission as anti-piracy consultants, so I know what I am talking about.

And finally, you called it a simple and innocent question: I answered you; by explaining that it's a satire website.

You refereed to rudeness and impudence, and stated your refusal to descend to my level: I am sorry that I came across as any of these, but while my statements may have betrayed a hint of disapproval with your action, your reply was the first mudsling; loaded as it were with invectives and innuendo.

And I note that you have yet to remove the content you copied and pasted illegally.

(1) (Reply)

World's Smelliest Man: The Farm Worker Who Has Not Had A Wash In 37 Years (photo / Dubai Building Hotel On Ship / Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.