Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,950 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Nigerian Female Bloggers Are Making Waves In The Blogosphere! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigerian Female Bloggers Are Making Waves In The Blogosphere! (3090 Views)

How To Make Your Blog Popular In The Blogosphere / How To Make Your Blog Popular In The Blogosphere / How To Get Heard In The Blogosphere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Female Bloggers Are Making Waves In The Blogosphere! by Orikinla(m): 11:18am On Jun 21, 2007
Nigerian Female Bloggers Are Making Waves in the Blogosphere!

Suddenly more Nigerian babes and ladies are blogging and making the Nigerian blogosphere sizzling with hot posts. And they are attracting hundreds of thousands of visitors.

Most of their blogs are what I call scuttlebutt blogs or daily social gist and tidbits blogs. And Bella Naija leads the pack, followed by Linda Ikeji and company. Adaure is still in a world of her own, because she is like the Oprah Winfrey of the Nigerian blogosphere in her subject matters. Queen Ebong and others are still exciting and thrilling.

The most profiled Nigerian female blogger still remains Sokari Ekine of Black Looks.. And Funmi Iyanda would be more enlightened if she spends some quality time with Sokari.

There are Nigerian female bloggers as young as 11.

There are over 400 Nigerian bloggers and quite a small number for a nation of over 140 million people. Even South Africa and Kenya have more bloggers than Nigeria. There are over 5 million Nigerians in America, UK, and other developed countries with more advanced Internet services, but only an insignificant number of them are blogging. The professionals among them do not have websites like the American and European professionals. Even lawyers, medical doctors, and engineers are blogging in the developed countries while the Nigerian professionals are missing in action. Why? Some sources said most Nigerians in developed countries are actually illegal immigrants who prefer to avoid public exposure, lest the immigration authorities would discover them and none of them wants to be deported.

I want to see more Nigerians blogging, even if they are gossip blogs, they would be worth visiting and reading 24/7.

You can monitor and evaluate Nigerian blogs on Nigerian Weblog Ring and Nigerian Blogs Aggregator.

N.B:
If you are Nigerian and you believe that we can create our own Yahoo and Google, then I will offer you all the following tools to achieve your goals.

· Creating Accessible PDFs
· Creating a Custom Search
· Creating E-Newsletters
· Creating Web Forms
· Designing Pages for Search Engines
· Developing a Page for your Forms
· Firefox as a Developer Tool
· Introduction to S5
· Mailto Bulletin
· Naming Files and Understanding URLs
· Send to a Friend
· Special Characters Not Allowed
· Web Color Swatches
Re: Nigerian Female Bloggers Are Making Waves In The Blogosphere! by onydchic(f): 12:49pm On Jun 27, 2007
I don't know why Nigerians like making a big deal out of something that the rest of the world does so easily and without fanfare. I blog, I don;t make a big deal out of it. Why should we? Most Americans wont even know the word blogosphere cos all they do is write, share with their friends who do the same and it gets popular. Here, it's like, OMG, Nigerian A is blogging! Nigerian B's blog is a hit!

So? Who cares? Really?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Female Bloggers Are Making Waves In The Blogosphere! by onydchic(f): 12:50pm On Jun 27, 2007
I'm sorry if that sounded like an attack, but its getting tiring.
Re: Nigerian Female Bloggers Are Making Waves In The Blogosphere! by DisGuy: 4:45pm On Jun 27, 2007
onydchic:

I don't know why Nigerians like making a big deal out of something that the rest of the world does so easily and without fanfare. I blog, I don;t make a big deal out of it. Why should we? Most Americans wont even know the word blogosphere because all they do is write, share with their friends who do the same and it gets popular. Here, it's like, OMG, Nigerian A is blogging! Nigerian B's blog is a hit!

So? Who cares? Really?

Abi o! whats the big deal you think everyone has time to blog? have you done a profile about those that blog?
When you get over the hype of blog it will become ordinary to you too tongue
Re: Nigerian Female Bloggers Are Making Waves In The Blogosphere! by JiggaMouse(m): 9:51pm On Jun 27, 2007
Orikinla, for some time I have actually followed the progress of the blogging thing in Nigeria. I started out with Funmi Iyanda's blog after I saw the address on her TV show and since then I developed interest because all of a sudden it was as if a whole new world was opened for me.

This became my inspiration for a small project which I'm currently working on. A close look would reveal that it is actually a clone of Nigerian Blogs aggregator.

I was actually making use of Nigerian blogs aggregator but I noticed that it had a couple of bugs. So I did some research and dug up this software. It's actually an opensource web based feed aggregator

onydchic:

I don't know why Nigerians like making a big deal out of something that the rest of the world does so easily and without fanfare. I blog, I don;t make a big deal out of it. Why should we? Most Americans wont even know the word blogosphere because all they do is write, share with their friends who do the same and it gets popular. Here, it's like, OMG, Nigerian A is blogging! Nigerian B's blog is a hit!

So? Who cares? Really?

Blogging and the Internet are wonderful things that have revolutionalized the way people interact and we must always remember that.

E.G: If it wasn't for these two things (this post is about blogging) then I never would have known someone like you exists, not to talk of holding a discussion with you. Hope you get my point.
Re: Nigerian Female Bloggers Are Making Waves In The Blogosphere! by niceuzor: 12:32am On Jun 28, 2007
I'm impress about this blog thing

BTW: cool

Guy make i say u where u dey 4 Benin City?

I bi dey there b4 but i dont jand 4 now,

anyway way sha u if halla me make we yarn.
Re: Nigerian Female Bloggers Are Making Waves In The Blogosphere! by princeelder: 5:02pm On May 31, 2013
Buy 100,000units sms @ 0.70kobo & get the 79million gsm numbers of the whole country FREE + Free ebook on how to get over 2000 visitors to your website in less than a week these and more awaits you now @ www.smswholesellers.com
Re: Nigerian Female Bloggers Are Making Waves In The Blogosphere! by ibietela2(m): 3:57pm On Jun 01, 2013
Only in Nigeria..... Not in the world. How many Nigerian female bloggers are sharing tutorials like Illean smith of basicbloggingtips.com?? Anna of trafficgenerationcafe?? Kean of weblogbetter
Re: Nigerian Female Bloggers Are Making Waves In The Blogosphere! by bimdroid(m): 11:41pm On Jul 23, 2014
i have a blog where you can get really cool Android games http://www.bimdroid..com

(1) (Reply)

I'm Getting "Warning: Session_start() [function.session-start]" Error. Pls Help / $0.99 .com Promo Code For Godaddy / Download Free School Management Portal Php Script

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.