Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

My Last Night In Lagos - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Last Night In Lagos (1438 Views)

A Night In Ubini / One Night In Ibeshe (A Short Romance Story By Kayode Odusanya) / No Valentine Boo, I Cried Myself To Sleep Last Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Last Night In Lagos by AJFRED112: 10:24pm On Sep 11, 2020
I'm Fredrick, first before you read I want to say this is first novel so I'm open to thoughts, suggestions and criticism
[b][/b]Note: [b][/b]No part of this book should be reproduced in ANY form without my permission.
Thanks grin

[b][/b]Chapter 1
come on guys!” I shouted “it’s still a no” Benji answered unbothered by my fake annoyed face my eyes strayed to Frank “he said nah” he said defensively “don’t give me that bullshit Frank I know you don’t want to stay” “okay if you must hear I will choose those beautiful strawberries over you anytime bro” he declared “I’m not your bro then!” I replied hotly “come on Matthew don’t be a pussy blocker you know how long it took this babes to finally agree to come on a date with us” he explained “so I’m going for a whole year and my best friends will not spend my last night with me? Really?” “we have been here for three days man and we will be here tomorrow morning he reassured me but I was determined to make them stay “if you go today don’t come back tomorrow” “hmm…. Benji leaned back into the sofa and Frank took a sip of his wine “okay I will risk it “ “you don’t mean it” “huh! Try me” I countered and Frank sniggered “I really need to feel those.. Benji made a gesture in the air like handling boobs “ugh! You are disgusting! Freaking man LovePeddler” “Matthew me man LovePeddler? Frank can you hear this award winning womanizer?” he asked pointing to me “no I didn’t hear him” Frank answered “guys I don’t womanize seriously” “tell that to Sarah, Cathy and Justine” “don’t forget Mariam and precious” Frank added “they are just my friends dumb asses” “ yes your friends! They roared with laughter. “let’s not deviate from the topic here you guys are abandoning me on my last night in Lagos guys come on!” “you can come along “ Frank offered “to do what? Chaperone?” you can bring Rose” Benji said I can see he is warming up to the idea “no I’m done with all those girls” “are you serious?” “yes” “Matthew Cardilas son of Pete Cardilas importing and exporting is done with hook-ups wonder shall never end” Benji exclaimed “yep I don’t want any form of guilt when I’m banging them white girls” “bastard I knew it!” we all laughed “so we are leaving” they announced “so soon?” “visit the barber, get new clothes he winked “you know the drill” “I HATE YOU GUYS”, I shouted “,GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!” “don’t shout we are leaving already” they walked to the door “when you walk through that door don’t come back” “for real?” “yes” I answered with the straightest face I could muster “in that case” they started walking back towards the living room “in that case…” I urged hoping they had changed their minds “we would like to finish our drinks” “ hell no ! over my dead body! I packed the glasses and rushed to the kitchen with their laughter following me I dumped the glasses inside the sink has the door slammed, silence took over.

1 Like

Re: My Last Night In Lagos by AJFRED112: 12:28am On Sep 14, 2020
[b][/b] chapter 2
I sighed heavily and I walked back towards my living room suddenly my three bedrooms flat became too big I slumped on one of my sofas and stared unblinking at the cream colored walls I should have repaired my phone I thought, it fell down last week and the screen was a total mess so I didn’t repair it telling myself I would get another when I finally settled down in California, what will I do to pass the time watch a movie? Use my treadmill? Or cook myself dinner? I discarded the ideas as they pop into my brain I exhaled as I stood back up and walked slowly round the room staring at the pictures on the wall that of my family was the biggest me mum and dad in Dubai last December I change it every year before that was Hawaii this year’s vacation isn’t yet planned so I’m looking forward to it I checked the time and it’s just few minutes to four what to do? What to do? Or.. should I call Rose and cajole her into spending the night with me no I’m not doing that, I found myself at the front of my door I shrugged well I can roam my compound while I think . My compound is always neat and quiet I wonder what the kids in here do for fun even though I’m an only child I still manage to make noise in my parents house when I was younger a video game, car crash, anything but here the children are just always quiet it is as if they have been trained to be mute I pity them. I walked into the evening sun and surveyed the three storey building that contains six three bedrooms flats two on each floor, mine is on the first floor and I know two families are on the third and second floor then a couple stay opposite my apartment that’s all I know funny how I have stayed here for almost two years and I barely know my neighbors not my fault though they are the ‘mind-your-business type’ ‘good morning and Bleep off type' which I’m always happy about except the Igbo guy on the second floor who travels often he is quite friendly when he’s home. I walked round the house as I think of what to do I stopped in front of a glass window and surveyed myself five feet nine inches just one more inch I would have been as tall as Benji but anyways I made up my height with muscles I flexed my biceps as I viewed myself tall, fair and hefty yeah that’s me I smiled as I turned the corner to the back of the house and I leaned against the wall the sun fell on my face and I kind of liked it I’m bored I tell myself I pushed away from the wall what to do? I’m restless I rounded the house and once again I’m at the front of the house I surveyed the compound again and my eyes landed on my car- my lovely Benz 2013 classic I fell in love with my baby on sight pity she will have to be covered up for a whole year I sighed as I looked at it I turned to enter my apartment as the idea struck me my car! Yes my car A FINAL SPIN IN MY CAR! Whoops! I rushed back inside and straight into the bathroom.
Twenty minutes later I’m in my car as I turned the key in the ignition I started thinking about where
Re: My Last Night In Lagos by AJFRED112: 10:20am On Sep 18, 2020
Chapter 3
Twenty minutes later I’m in my car as I turned the key in the ignition I started thinking about where I will start my journey I know the final destination is Benny’s bar but before that………. I don’t know I eased the car out of the compound into the main road and turned into the expressway let’s just enjoy the ride I tapped the steering wheel to the rhythm of the song playing on the radio I checked the time and it’s 4:10pm where to? I asked myself as I drove aimlessly around passing areas were I haven’t been before following the road signs after close to ten minutes of driving I sighted a mall “I should grab a chips or something” I told myself.
Tbc
Re: My Last Night In Lagos by AJFRED112: 1:46am On Sep 19, 2020
Chapter 3 (cont'd)
Thursday evenings are not always busy but this Mall’s parking lot is packed how come? I was directed to where I could park and I hissed because it was further down (I like easing straight into the road) I made my way into the mall and I picked two cans of Pepsi and two packets of plantain chips I walked leisurely to the counter to pay it is always a female always can’t this Malls surprise me for once “good evening!” the teenaged cashier greeted brightly “good evening” I replied as I dumped the items on the counter “N400” “okay” “are you here to watch the movie” “what movie” I asked as I gave her a N500 note “oh I thought you came to watch Leah” “Leah?” “yes Leah that’s the title of the movie” she explained as she packed my items into a nylon branded with the logo of the mall “ok” I nodded my head in realization “here is your change” she handed it to me all smiles “no keep it in fact” I brought out a N200 note and I gave her “thanks!” I took the nylon and I made my way back to my car as I pushed the button for unlock another idea hit me “why not spend time watching this Leah movie? I chuckled as I retraced my steps “sorry” the cashier looked surprised to see me again “how can I help you?” “I want to watch this Leah movie and…” “take the lift beside the door to the third floor it’s starting by 5pm” “thanks” I said as I walked towards where she described. I met a very short queue And there wasn’t a postal anywhere I started wondering if this movie will be any good anyways I don’t really care I just want to whirl away time I bought the ticket and a packet of popcorn I shouldn’t have but a movie bad or good isn’t complete without a popcorn. I sat down at the extreme back and we had to wait for about five minutes before the movie began I looked around and I noticed that most people in the this cinema knows each other they are talking in small groups but some are like me lone and munching something all in all the people in here are not up to 150 I sighed as I popped the can…………

please feel free to purchase this book on okadabooks follow this link
Thursday evenings are not always busy but this Mall’s parking lot is packed how come? I was directed to where I could park and I hissed because it was further down (I like easing straight into the road) I made my way into the mall and I picked two cans of Pepsi and two packets of plantain chips I walked leisurely to the counter to pay it is always a female always can’t this Malls surprise me for once “good evening!” the teenaged cashier greeted brightly “good evening” I replied as I dumped the items on the counter “N400” “okay” “are you here to watch the movie” “what movie” I asked as I gave her a N500 note “oh I thought you came to watch Leah” “Leah?” “yes Leah that’s the title of the movie” she explained as she packed my items into a nylon branded with the logo of the mall “ok” I nodded my head in realization “here is your change” she handed it to me all smiles “no keep it in fact” I brought out a N200 note and I gave her “thanks!” I took the nylon and I made my way back to my car as I pushed the button for unlock another idea hit me “why not spend time watching this Leah movie? I chuckled as I retraced my steps “sorry” the cashier looked surprised to see me again “how can I help you?” “I want to watch this Leah movie and…” “take the lift beside the door to the third floor it’s starting by 5pm” “thanks” I said as I walked towards where she described. I met a very short queue And there wasn’t a postal anywhere I started wondering if this movie will be any good anyways I don’t really care I just want to whirl away time I bought the ticket and a packet of popcorn I shouldn’t have but a movie bad or good isn’t complete without a popcorn. I sat down at the extreme back and we had to wait for about five minutes before the movie began I looked around and I noticed that most people in the this cinema knows each other they are talking in small groups but some are like me lone and munching something all in all the people in here are not up to 150 I sighed as I popped the can…………

This book is okadabooks pls feel free to purchase thanks in advance

https://okadabooks.com/user/AJFRED
Re: My Last Night In Lagos by AJFRED112: 1:49am On Sep 19, 2020
The cover
Purchase please it's just N100 THANKS!

Re: My Last Night In Lagos by Khriztarl(f): 4:59am On Sep 19, 2020
Re: My Last Night In Lagos by AJFRED112: 9:56am On Sep 19, 2020
It’s still some minutes after 7pm when I arrived at the bar ones again I parked my car and walked towards the door the bouncer greeted me jovially “hey Matt! Last night?” “yep Craig how you doing” “same old shit keeping the order” he answered as he opened the door. I walked into the familiar spacious room as blue and red light swirl around me I made my way to the bar and slam the chair to gain the attention of Tommy the bartender and co owner of Benny’s bar “hey boy you still leaving tomorrow?” he asked “yes old man I’m still leaving” I purposely called him old man because he refused to be referred to as an old man “I’m not old boy a man of fifty seven years is not old” he countered while mixing a drink “fifty eight you mean?” he placed the drinks on a tray and a waiter carried it away he replied “if you call me an old man again you won’t have a drop of water in this bar!” he threatened “that’s not the way to threat a customer, a regular at that” I complained he exhaled and shook his head and opened his mouth to talk but stopped abruptly to gaze over my shoulder I followed his gaze and it was directed at a lady who is nursing a bottle of beer at a corner in the bar the dress she wore barely covered her boobs “what you doing old man?” I teased “one of this days I will instruct Craig not to let you inside this club” “he wouldn’t dare” I countered “moreover that will be a year from now and you would have missed me to the point that you won’t be able to …. “she is coming to the bar” he interjected “who?” “the sweet potato at the corner, now stand up and leave my bar” he ordered “no way” I smiled and folded my arm on my chest “anything you want to drink on the house” “really?” “yes” he answered shaking his head like a person praying “give me two bottles of beer” he pulled it out of a cooler below the bar and all but pushed it into my hands “but..” he gave me an evil eye and I laughed loudly as I walked away from the bar old Tommy loves women maybe that’s why he has no wife I began searching for a booth to seat.
You can purchase the complete novel on okadabooks follow this link
https://okadabooks.com/user/AJFRED thanks
Re: My Last Night In Lagos by biokuabdullahi(m): 8:35pm On Sep 19, 2020
Nice start go on

1 Like

Re: My Last Night In Lagos by AJFRED112: 12:48am On Sep 20, 2020
biokuabdullahi:
Nice start
go on
THANK YOU SOO MUCH GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY!
Re: My Last Night In Lagos by slimsophiediva(f): 6:54am On Sep 20, 2020
I love the piece, please continue

1 Like

Re: My Last Night In Lagos by AJFRED112: 10:08am On Sep 20, 2020
slimsophiediva:
I love the piece, please continue
THANK YOU!
Re: My Last Night In Lagos by biokuabdullahi(m): 12:20pm On Sep 20, 2020
AJFRED112:
THANK YOU SOO MUCH GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY!
AMEN

1 Like

Re: My Last Night In Lagos by AJFRED112: 1:10am On Sep 25, 2020
Chapter 5 cont'd
I spotted a seat beside a window at the Eastern end of the bar and I hurried towards it before someone else takes my it it’s still early and the DJ is playing a slow song and the volume is reduced since it’s a week day I know there won’t be plenty patronage but you never can tell I settled down with my two bottles of beer and looked out the window it gives me the view of the full view of the side and the partial view of the front of the bar still I like it.Dark figures walks about and I can see a line beginning to form I sighed I will miss this place, my car, my job, my friends, everything except the girls hmm, my friends with benefits my hook-ups whatever name I give them this days I just stopped feeling that way getting laid is just not exciting as it used to be, at first I was scared because I never thought that life would bore me, the girls don’t interest me the hook-ups don’t satisfy me it feels more like a job a means to get off- to release stress nothing more so I stopped unknown to my friends because not 'whoring' is the same thing as 'not being a guy' we believed so I believed so but now.. I was surprised to see the beer bottle empty so fast I opened the other I don’t know what I want it seems I’m missing something I feel restless maybe this one year of my masters program will set me straight who knows maybe- a heated whispered argument broke into my train of thought and I strained my ears to know where it’s coming from I looked carefully around and I couldn’t see anyone whispering or arguing am I- “WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?” a female voice shouted now I don’t need a soothsayer to tell me it’s coming from the booth behind me so I rested my back and listened as they started whispering heatedly again “calm down baby calm- a guy’s voice this time, maybe trying to soothe the lady? “shut up I’m not your baby” she whispered angrily “To think I wasted two solid years with you, I moved across the country to be here and this is what I get?” she is really trying not to shout really trying “babe you can’t deny that our relationship have not been the same since- “since when? Since I caught you with that bitch? Explain to me since when?” there was a pause then “who’s she?” the lady I’m yet to see asked in a controlled voice “errm baby is that… he exhaled loudly before he replied “okay it’s Rachel” now she scoffed this guy is so dumb “I’m so stupid” she said softly “Rachel your colleague? I’m so stupid” she repeated “what are you doing?” “what does it look like?” “baby cool down you are making me feel bad here” dude stop talking I screamed in my mind “babe I’m sorry but you got to know that we don’t really have that connection we had- this guy is an asshole I heard a scrap of chair against the wood floor before “CONNECTION? REALLY? CONNECTION IS THAT THE ONLY EXCUSE YOU CAN COME UP WITH YOU BASTARD! she shouted this time and the bar went quiet baby just pour your drink on him I urged with my heart but nothing came ten seconds twenty seconds then I turned she has left and the guy I presume is still there looking haughty such an asshole even though I have been with numerous girls I haven’t promise them anything I gave him a pointed look and he cocked his head to side I shook my head and sighed facing my beer, I ordered two more and when I fished the fourth bottle I was already buzzed some people call it half drunk but I prefer buzzed.

Note: you can purchase the book below kindly follow this link https://okadabooks.com/user/AJFRED

I spotted a seat beside a window at the Eastern end of the bar and I hurried towards it before someone else takes my it it’s still early and the DJ is playing a slow song and the volume is reduced since it’s a week day I know there won’t be plenty patronage but you never can tell I settled down with my two bottles of beer and looked out the window it gives me the view of the full view of the side and the partial view of the front of the bar still I like it.Dark figures walks about and I can see a line beginning to form I sighed I will miss this place, my car, my job, my friends, everything except the girls hmm, my friends with benefits my hook-ups whatever name I give them this days I just stopped feeling that way getting laid is just not exciting as it used to be, at first I was scared because I never thought that life would bore me, the girls don’t interest me the hook-ups don’t satisfy me it feels more like a job a means to get off- to release stress nothing more so I stopped unknown to my friends because not 'whoring' is the same thing as 'not being a guy' we believed so I believed so but now.. I was surprised to see the beer bottle empty so fast I opened the other I don’t know what I want it seems I’m missing something I feel restless maybe this one year of my masters program will set me straight who knows maybe- a heated whispered argument broke into my train of thought and I strained my ears to know where it’s coming from I looked carefully around and I couldn’t see anyone whispering or arguing am I- “WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?” a female voice shouted now I don’t need a soothsayer to tell me it’s coming from the booth behind me so I rested my back and listened as they started whispering heatedly again “calm down baby calm- a guy’s voice this time, maybe trying to soothe the lady? “shut up I’m not your baby” she whispered angrily “To think I wasted two solid years with you, I moved across the country to be here and this is what I get?” she is really trying not to shout really trying “babe you can’t deny that our relationship have not been the same since- “since when? Since I caught you with that bitch? Explain to me since when?” there was a pause then “who’s she?” the lady I’m yet to see asked in a controlled voice “errm baby is that… he exhaled loudly before he replied “okay it’s Rachel” now she scoffed this guy is so dumb “I’m so stupid” she said softly “Rachel your colleague? I’m so stupid” she repeated “what are you doing?” “what does it look like?” “baby cool down you are making me feel bad here” dude stop talking I screamed in my mind “babe I’m sorry but you got to know that we don’t really have that connection we had- this guy is an asshole I heard a scrap of chair against the wood floor before “CONNECTION? REALLY? CONNECTION IS THAT THE ONLY EXCUSE YOU CAN COME UP WITH YOU BASTARD! she shouted this time and the bar went quiet baby just pour your drink on him I urged with my heart but nothing came ten seconds twenty seconds then I turned she has left and the guy I presume is still there looking haughty such an asshole even though I have been with numerous girls I haven’t promise them anything I gave him a pointed look and he cocked his head to side I shook my head and sighed facing my beer, I ordered two more and when I fished the fourth bottle I was already buzzed some people call it half drunk but I prefer buzzed.
Re: My Last Night In Lagos by AJFRED112: 4:38pm On Jan 23, 2021
Chapter 6
I took the empty beer bottles back to the bar making up my mind to retire for the night “hey old man I’m here with your bottles” I called as I finally reached the bar after dodging drunk dancers Tommy finished an order before turning to me “retiring already?” he asked with a sad face “yes” “let me get something for you” he said and turned and rummage through some crates behind the bar he turned back and handed me a bottle wrapped with brown paper “thanks so much” “don’t be silly ma- someone banged the bar repeatedly and stopped whatever Tommy was about to say we both turned to where the sound is coming from and a mop of black haired figure was resting her forehead on the bar and her hand is holding a tequila shot and Tommy said gently “young lady I think you already have enough for today” she raised her head, widen her eyes and turned to us pouted her lips “what if I beg?” she batted her eyelashes “no” Tommy answered firmly he is firm with things like this “then I will go to another bar” she threatened “you will be lucky to walk out the door yourself” Tommy said with an amused voice “try me” she eased down from the tall stool gently but as soon as her feet touched the floor she stumbled against another stool and set another to the ground “see?” Tommy jeered “oops” she slurred with a silly grin she leaned back on the bar and I righted the stools “thanks” she said and tried to seat back on the stool her butt missed the stool and stumbled back I quickly grabbed her she held my bicep to steady herself “well… she slurred squeezing my bicep I helped her back on the stool and she sent me a wide grin like a kid that had just been given a box of chocolates and parted her hair from her face “gimme that” “what?” she pointed at the package Tommy just gave me “it’s a drink right?” she ask biting her lower lip “yes but it’s non-alcoholic” I liked quickly “liar! You don’t even know what’s inside” I didn’t have a reply for that “why do men have to lie every time?” she said in a voice that seem sober and her voice sounds familiar I tried to peer into her face but the blue and red swirl of light didn’t give me a good look she breathed noisily and pushed the stool separating us to the side and shifted hers to my side “he started like that you know” she says over the soft music playing through the speaker “who?” I asked “my ex” now I know who she is the ‘connection girl' “a little lie, another lie, then he cheated… she waved her hand around as if trying to conduct some imaginary instrumentalists “again and again” she stated in a matter of fact voice “and I kept forgiving him” she laughed bitterly “oh baby I forgot, oh baby an appointment just came up, oh baby she mimicking the voice of her ex I think it would have been funny if I hadn’t witness their breakup she sighed her taste for alcohol forgotten as she stared into the empty cup she ones held “I was on my way to be promoted yet I took a transfer letter to Lagos to be with him since two years ago” she narrated into my face “hmm I’m a modern day Ruth she concluded laughing drunkenly “ he said no connection?” She scoffed “but this is the last I swear I’m done” she professed vehemently and belched “oops sorry” she smile and grin then she surveyed me with her eyes up down up down her eyes swept she trailed a finger down my jaw “do you think we can have a connection? She asked drunkenly she proceed to hook the finger in my top and pulled me closer “me, you that drink” she whispered “no” “your lose” she said sliding off the stool and grabbing her belongings off another and stumbled towards the door as I watched her go I was fighting the impulse to take her home or not “matt?” I looked back at Tommy who had stayed silent while going by his business made a sign with his head and I need no other push I rushed after her while grabbing the wine Tommy gave me.
Re: My Last Night In Lagos by AJFRED112: 4:41pm On Jan 23, 2021
Complete story on okadabooks

Link�������

Re: My Last Night In Lagos by ghostwritter(m): 5:59pm On Jan 23, 2021
good

(1) (Reply)

The Odyssey Of The Slave Boy / Mac Wingate Or Nick Carter Anyone? / Can U Do Intellectual intimacy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.