Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,238 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now (6732 Views)

Yemi Alade Visit Awilo Longomba As They Battle On Twerk Dance Challenge (pic) / Obiano Is Flavour, Awilo Longomba & Chidinma Photographer / Tiwa Savage, Wizkid And Awilo Longomba Hang Out In London (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by Aliyuumar691: 8:40pm On Sep 13, 2020
For most modern-day music lovers born in the last decade or so, the name Awilo Longomba might sound foreign or perhaps relatively unknown however, for ardent music lovers who felt and relieved the rhythmic and melodious tune associated with the soulful music produced by the music legend, it’s hard to forget his name.

Awilo Longomba is a Congolese musician who is well-known for his second CD, Coupe Bibamba, he dropped the song in 1998 and it was an instant hit making him famous throughout Africa, Europe and America.

Awilo was born in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo on May 5, 1962. He used to be a drummer in Viva la Musica, Stukas, Nouvelle Generation and Loketo before he started his musical career.

Well known for his energetic displays, Awilo carried that with him when he finally decided to quit drumming for music in 1995 releasing his first album Moto Pamba in the same year.

In a musical career spanning over two decades, the versatile 58-year-old singer has collaborated with veteren artistes as well as contemporary artistes across Africa.

In 2008, Awilo Longomba released the new album Super-Man which was another success. Riding on the back of his album success, he embarked on tour with Nabtry International Cultural Dancers in the US/Canada to boost his popularity.

His versatility in the music industry has seen him collaborate with modern day musicians in many African Countries, such as Nigerian Artistes like the now defunct music duo P Square, Tiwa Savage, Olamide and Yemi Alade.

Awilo also has quite a number of awards and recognition for his achievements in the music industry such as the 2009 Best Soukous Entertainer Award at the International Reggae and World Music Awards.

Awilo is married to Paradis Kacharelle, they have a son called Lovy Believe Church Awilo Longomba and lives in London, United Kingdom. He still enjoys drumming during his leisure time and also hits the gym regularly to keep fit.

Some of his recent photos:

See His Recent Images and Full Story<<<

https://naijabizz.com.ng/have-you-seen-awilo-longomba-recently-check-out-what-he-looks-like-now/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by ClitRaider: 8:53pm On Sep 13, 2020
correct guy..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 9:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
I remember that year vividly, chai! I done old o.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by donbachi(m): 9:08pm On Sep 13, 2020
"I buy kwuli-kwuli dem no give me change o"

25 Likes

Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by haiti007(m): 9:14pm On Sep 13, 2020
I can still remember the dance steps till date

2 Likes

Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by Vyzz: 9:19pm On Sep 13, 2020
cool

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by Denique(f): 9:29pm On Sep 13, 2020
Ketu ketu kruuuya-ya!!
Asensio le Madrid... Oooo eeeehh...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by punisha: 9:44pm On Sep 13, 2020
Dear OP,
Thank you for forcefully and successfully making me to start playing his song in my head just like the posters below me are currently doing right now.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by Kingnelson9: 10:44pm On Sep 13, 2020
his song made some of us to dance like a madman aki & pawpaw knws the step. if u knw u knw

3 Likes

Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by ShawttySoFyne(f): 10:50pm On Sep 13, 2020
Mehn I was so good at his dance as a kid.

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by Stanweezy(m): 11:17pm On Sep 13, 2020
Kemgbe Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursdaaaaay Friday ooooh, unu akugbukwala mama mu ooo mama mu,

Awiiii! Awiiii!! Awiiii!!! lokomba

Another track

Ja'maple comment tu taple kimo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by jamalnation(m): 11:32pm On Sep 13, 2020
donbachi:
"I buy kwuli-kwuli dem no give me change o"

Kuku kutu bayana Awilo

4 Likes

Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by royalair(m): 12:59am On Sep 14, 2020
Kash Kash Kash Kash grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by expertman(m): 2:06am On Sep 14, 2020
He is looking good for his age
Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by Nobody: 4:09am On Sep 14, 2020
some of his hits for you guys its quite hard to get em these days but the names would help your search

cache cache
coupe bibamba
gate le coin
karolina

the best of the bests.

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by Freestainworld(m): 4:42am On Sep 14, 2020
when Congolese music was ruling Africa, was in secondary school then, Awilo and koffi music didn't allow us to pass out in peace.

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by placeofallure(f): 6:30am On Sep 14, 2020
Awilo oh oh
Awilo oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Awilo......

Je m'apelle co mons tu t'apelle, qui moi
Je m'apelle
Coupe coupe bibamba
Je m'apelle
Coupe coupe bibamba grin grin

Gawd! So loooooong ago. You will almost not realise the years are passing by.
We're still here.
Thank God for life.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by doggedfighter(f): 6:48am On Sep 14, 2020
Hahahahahahaha

Everyone is going down memory lane.
So nice. grin
Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by Sunmars: 7:02am On Sep 14, 2020
placeofallure:
Awilo oh oh
Awilo oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Awilo......

Je m'apelle co mons tu t'apelle, qui moi
Je m'apelle
Coupe coupe bibamba
Je m'apelle
Coupe coupe bibamba grin grin

Gawd! So loooooong ago. You will almost not realise the years are passing by.
We're still here.
Thank God for life.
Dem go give you award o. See the way you remember everything.
This post made me remember my room mate in the uni. Dude was lanky as an electric pole and always love to wear those shoes that look like spear in the front.
Just put this awilo song and you will see this electric pole gyrating. He was soooo good at the dance.
Dude only watch 3 things on TV. Congolese songs, wrestling matches and mojo( blue film)
How grown ass men go Sidon they watch mojo baffles me a lot.
Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by HomerTimpson: 7:08am On Sep 14, 2020
ShawttySoFyne:
Mehn I was so good at his dance as a kid.
menh! i think i should tell you,*in Akon's voice* you got me so hypnotize the way you caption the pics in your profile. Mam cool
Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by placeofallure(f): 7:09am On Sep 14, 2020
Sunmars:

Dem go give you award o. See the way you remember everything.
This post made me remember my room mate in the uni. Dude was lanky as an electric pole and always love to wear those shoes that look like spear in the front.
Just put this awilo song and you will see this electric pole gyrating. He was soooo good at the dance.
Dude only watch 3 things on TV. Congolese songs, wrestling matches and mojo( blue film)
How grown ass men go Sidon they watch mojo baffles me a lot.

Well I hardly forget anything. If I get awards for the things I remember, my house will be filled with awards now. Magnetic brain! grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by tyson98: 7:09am On Sep 14, 2020
Freestainworld:
when Congolese music was ruling Africa, was in secondary school then, Awilo and koffi music didn't allow us to pass out in peace.
Yh koffi olomide grin later magic system came with gaou

Chai good old days

2 Likes

Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by Celebz: 7:52am On Sep 14, 2020
Abi oo
Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by kambili999(f): 8:02am On Sep 14, 2020
Bi balabala bi balabala bi balabala ye o
Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by Celebz: 8:04am On Sep 14, 2020
Yeah yeah
Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by Celebz: 8:06am On Sep 14, 2020
Na so dem dey do 4 area o
Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by Celebz: 8:08am On Sep 14, 2020
na so dem dey do 4 area
Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by ShawttySoFyne(f): 8:20pm On Oct 22, 2020
HomerTimpson:
menh! i think i should tell you,*in Akon's voice* you got me so hypnotize the way you caption the pics in your profile. Mam cool
Aww, it wasn't my doing though
Re: Have You Seen Awilo Longomba Recently? Check Out What He Looks Like Now by HomerTimpson: 9:26pm On Oct 22, 2020
ShawttySoFyne:
Aww, it wasn't my doing though
really? Should i hit you up on PM or nah ?

(1) (Reply)

Sin!!see What This Female Secondary School Student Are Doing In Broad Day Light / Nigerian Guy Throws Tantrum After Babe Swallowed His 'seed' During Oral [PICS] / Is Wema Sepetu Dating Ghanian Actor Van Vicker After Breaking Up With Diamond?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.