Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,985 members, 7,845,173 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Market Junction - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Market Junction (239 Views)

"The Prosperity Junction: Moniepoint's Impact" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Market Junction by IkiMudiaga409(m): 5:08am On Sep 14, 2020
[b][/b] MARKET JUNCTION
Episode One
pilot

My name is Tracy Iri. I was born and raised in a semi riverine town called Uze. As far back as I could recall, I knew I'm not just an ordinary child. I have overheard mother and father talk about me several times, and also I have seen things many will never believe is real.

When I was ten years old, my mother rented a shop in our town's market and she started her provision business there. The shop was at the first compound of a street off the main market. I remembered how I fell sick the very first day mother started selling in her shop.

"Tracy are you sure it's not what you ate that is making you fall sick?” my mother asked as she gave her customer change.

I couldn't say anything.

In the evening, at around 5:30pm, mother gave me the medicine she bought from a chemist store close to her shop. Within five minutes,
I felt much better and helped her move her provisions inside the shop. At exactly 6:45pm mother closed her shop and said a word of prayer, before we left there to the keke park close to our shop.

Throughout our way home, I was as quite as a mouse. When we got home I wachted the plates and helped mother prepare dinner for daddy.

"Mummy, I'm feeling sleepy," I lied to my mother, just to have my quite time.

Mother gave me some anti maleria drugs and I went to bed looking gloomy. As my back touched the bed, my memory quickly flashed back to the market. Like I said earlier, I'm not an ordinary child. There are a lot of things about me I would share later which proves that I'm not ordinary.

Immediately we got to mother's shop at the market, my inner sight opened and I began to see the true nature of the market. I saw the dark cloud that suspends above the market place. I saw strange beings and creatures walking with their head. I also saw witches and marine spirits mingling with the living. As I saw them, I kept wondering why the spirits were highly concentrated in the market area. I saw how people with witchcraft powers collect peoples destinies with the goods and money they brought to the market. A lot of things I saw made me fell sick, and I was determined to convince my mother to leave that market area, but I want morning to come first. Slowly, I fell asleep, leaving this world to a higher reality.

(1) (Reply)

Ghost Of My Errors / GODMAN QUOTE26 (digest It Without Eating It) / Dermis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.