Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:42 AM

Why No IVM Motors - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why No IVM Motors (686 Views)

Innoson To Introduce A Luxury Rugged Pickup Truck ‘IVM Ijele’ (Photos) / Innoson Unveils New Model, IVM G5T (Pictures) / IVM Expansion: Igwe Nnewi Endorses Plan, Blesses New Location(photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why No IVM Motors by Jesse98(m): 5:26pm On Sep 17, 2020
nairalanders ....I want to ask why I am not seeing IVM(invictus motors) being marketed here... considering it is made in Nigeria n would b cheaper
Re: Why No IVM Motors by eRex(m): 5:49pm On Sep 17, 2020
Jesse98:
nairalanders ....I want to ask why I am not seeing IVM(invictus motors) being marketed here... considering it is made in Nigeria n would b cheaper

Nice one... But..
Were will we see spare parts? Body parts? Except from company direct which may end up being more expensive

The cars are mostly bought brand new and the owner have not rocked it well enough to consider selling it.

In all I still think it's a nice thought... God no forbid us from driving brand new shaa

1 Like

Re: Why No IVM Motors by woodrow(m): 6:17pm On Sep 17, 2020
I doubt anyone in Nigeria would be able to fix any price he/she likes when it comes to ivm by claiming import duty, clearing and the rest.

Same reason govt agencies and parastatals avoid it. Cos with a simple search, u can get the retail price.

U can claim to buy a hilux 19m,while someone can get same hilux for 22m and a dealer can get Dubai spec and sell to make more profit. All this can be justified but not with ivm. We know the price already and the location to get it direct.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why No IVM Motors by Jesse98(m): 9:13pm On Sep 17, 2020
eRex:

Nice one... But..
Were will we see spare parts? Body parts? Except from company direct which may end up being more expensive
well I don't think spare parts would b expensive here in Nigeria..... what I think is that his business strategy ar poor ... because being an indigenous car manufacturer.. and considering the lesser tax returns and shipping cost he is enjoying... his cars supposed to be cheaper and affordable than foreign shipped cars....anywaz las las Hausa men sabi business.... imagine na dangote get IVM
Re: Why No IVM Motors by eRex(m): 11:27pm On Sep 17, 2020
Jesse98:

well I don't think spare parts would b expensive here in Nigeria..... what I think is that his business strategy ar poor ... because being an indigenous car manufacturer.. and considering the lesser tax returns and shipping cost he is enjoying... his cars supposed to be cheaper and affordable than foreign shipped cars....anywaz las las Hausa men sabi business.... imagine na dangote get IVM

Not the cost of the parts being expensive..

But since IVM is sole producer of parts and limited distribution network unlike the regular Toyota brand that our ibo brothers can import enmasse and encourage competition.. Monopoly will kill the customer
Re: Why No IVM Motors by AMvanquish: 11:45pm On Sep 17, 2020
The Car is supposed to be everywhere but you hardly see it anywhere apart from the East.
He needs to improve his distribution network. Also Provide favourable credit facilities to prospective customers at favourable rates. Make his car prices affordable and competitive. His Igbo brothers run the spare parts market in Nigeria, liase with them.
He also needs to get politicians on his side to support the business. He needs to be more aggressive with sales.

Like someone above said, imagine if it was Dangote.
Personally, I feel it just boils down to poor marketing.

(1) (Reply)

Distress: 2months Used Toyota Matrix 2007 Model For Sale / Sold - Toyota Camry 2006 First Body 1year Used N1,380,000 / Toyota Corolla 2010 Model Forsale (foreign Use)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.