Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

The Dangote I May Never Become - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Dangote I May Never Become (322 Views)

Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. / Aliko Dangote: I Withdrew $10m Just To Look At It / Aliko Dangote: 'I Need A Wife, I Am Not Getting Any Younger At 61' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dangote I May Never Become by KingsNdimele: 3:42am On Sep 19, 2020
Aliko Dangote is powerful not because he has access to huge capital, but because of his political history. If you want to go far in business, you need to be involved in some politics. Dangote is a brand, but Aliko Dangote is a politician. He funds the campaign of many African presidents. It is called the Politics of Business.

What he does not have, he can never give you. He comes from a wealthy family with a strong political history, yet he claims that he started from the scratch. Aliko Dangote, teach me something else but not how to raise capital for my business. According to Wikipedia, Aliko Dangote's Uncle was the wealthiest man in West Africa as at the time of his death in 1955.

#500,000 in 1977 is not a scratch. In case you don't know, #500,000 in 1977 can buy 100 Mercedes Benz cars. Calculate the current value of that #500,000 and tell me how many entrepreneur today in Africa started with that kind of capital. #350 million is the current value of #500,000 of 1977. Even as at now, #500,000 for an average entrepreneur in Africa is a little above scratch. If you dreamt of becoming like Aliko Dangote, please sleep again.

Do you have an uncle that can loan you #350 million? Ok! Do you have an uncle that can loan you #500,000? Ok! Do you have an uncle that can loan you #350,000? Ok! Do you even have an uncle? If your dream is to become like Aliko Dangote, please wake up. The reality of many African entrepreneurs today is that we Start Small, Dream Big, but Remain Small.

There are many potential Dangotes today with beautiful business plans and ideas that may never see the light of the day. There are many potential Dangotes today selling boxers on their WhatsApp status. There are many potential Dangotes today selling bread and akara in OUI roundabout. There are many potential Dangotes today selling sausage roll and bottle water on the Third Mainland Bridge. ENTREPRENEURSHIP IS HARDER FOR THE POOR AND POWERLESS.

I know you are passionate about entrepreneurship and business, but if your passion cannot pay your bills at the moment, please put it on hold for now. Go and make money. Go and get a job. Then, come back to pick up your passion. Nigeria is real!

© Kingsley Ndimele
#buildinglivesandbusinesses

3 Likes

Re: The Dangote I May Never Become by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:48am On Sep 19, 2020
This is deep and revealing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dangote I May Never Become by Pimpstar: 4:50am On Sep 19, 2020
Hmm..
This one has to be chewed slowly.

1 Like

Re: The Dangote I May Never Become by dcrested(m): 6:34am On Sep 19, 2020
Nice write up

2 Likes

Re: The Dangote I May Never Become by Folzye(m): 7:23am On Sep 19, 2020
Well said, dangote has many things working for him infact when he started his business only the kind of connection he had was enough to take him to the next level.

2 Likes

Re: The Dangote I May Never Become by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 19, 2020
Connection matters alot

1 Like

Re: The Dangote I May Never Become by Mide3367: 8:17pm On Sep 19, 2020
GBAMsolutely
Re: The Dangote I May Never Become by KingsNdimele: 3:38am On Sep 20, 2020
Yes, it is
post=94069634:
This is deep and revealing.

1 Like

Re: The Dangote I May Never Become by KingsNdimele: 3:38am On Sep 20, 2020
Absolutely!
Mide3367:
GBAMsolutely
Re: The Dangote I May Never Become by KingsNdimele: 3:39am On Sep 20, 2020
[Connection with people that mattersquote author=emperorblog21 post=94072605]Connection matters alot[/quote]
Re: The Dangote I May Never Become by KingsNdimele: 3:40am On Sep 20, 2020
You are right!
Folzye:
Well said, dangote has many things working for him infact when he started his business only the kind of connection he had was enough to take him to the next level.
Re: The Dangote I May Never Become by KingsNdimele: 3:41am On Sep 20, 2020
Thanks so much for reading.
dcrested:
Nice write up

1 Like

Re: The Dangote I May Never Become by KingsNdimele: 3:42am On Sep 20, 2020
I know right!
Pimpstar:
Hmm..

This one has to be chewed slowly.

1 Like

Re: The Dangote I May Never Become by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 06, 2020
Wow!Wisdom!!

(1) (Reply)

Can You Afford To Eat A Sumptuous Plate Of Afang Soup Daily? / Stop Waiting For Government For Your National ID Card Plastic / 600 Plus Subscribers Counting - Thank You All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.