Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,053 members, 7,841,989 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Is There A Difference Between Court Marriage And Registry Marriage In Nigeria? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There A Difference Between Court Marriage And Registry Marriage In Nigeria? (826 Views)

My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes / Getting A Divorce In A Court Registry Marriage.Lawyers' advice needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is There A Difference Between Court Marriage And Registry Marriage In Nigeria? by Treash(m): 2:32pm On Sep 19, 2020
Many people often ask the question of whether there is any difference between court marriage and registry marriage in Nigeria.

The answer to the above is NO. Court and registry marriage are the same marriage process or type of marriage being called different names. The marriage conducted in a marriage registry is called the court marriage because once such marriage has been conducted, it can only be dissolved by the State High Court, i.e. it is only the High Court that has jurisdiction over such a marriage.

Barr Adeolu Ayo Aderinto.

Culled: resolutionlawng

1 Like

Re: Is There A Difference Between Court Marriage And Registry Marriage In Nigeria? by MrTAnonymous(m): 2:34pm On Sep 19, 2020
Okay

You don't know

Na me talk

(1) (Reply)

Oldest Marriage You Know? / Is An Engagement Or Wedding Ceremony A Must? / I Need Bayesla Native Names Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.