Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. (3022 Views)

@-{- DELIVERED 2001 Acura MDX Pre-ordered By ** Prince Idee Of NL From Fhemmmy** / 2001 Acura Mdx For Sale (Registered) N1.350m / 2001 Acura Mdx From Cotonou;price: 1,518,400 Naira;see Pix,+229-99748098 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. by eros(m): 8:08pm On Feb 27, 2011
Hi guys,

Anyone knows how i can fix the security system of my 2001 Acura TL. I had an accident a month ago, which affected the boot, and right side rear light. I had to replace the boot and get another rear light. Ever since then, the security has stopped working.

I had a Rewire check it out, but seems not to be able to figure out the problem. He only suggested i got another security installed since it was factory fitted and can only be rectified by the Acura dealership technician.

Please anyone who knows how i can fix this problem should please advise. I suspect this problem might also be as a result of the car tracker i installed a year ago but has stopped working for sometime now. Maybe the car tracker has interfered with the main car security system and somehow disabled it.

Siena and any other car expert in the house please advise.

Eros
Re: 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. by eros(m): 11:00am On Feb 28, 2011
Anyone out there to proffer a solution to this problem
Re: 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. by KunleA2(m): 11:49am On Feb 28, 2011
Go to Honda place or buy another car undecided
Re: 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. by eros(m): 11:51am On Feb 28, 2011
Kunle-A:

Go to Honda place or buy another car undecided

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bros i know the car is due for a change and God-willing it will be replaced but until then let me continue to enjoy and feel secure whenever i park it in a public place.
Re: 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. by KunleA2(m): 12:00pm On Feb 28, 2011
i hope God helps u in getting another car
Re: 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. by eros(m): 1:09pm On Feb 28, 2011
Kunle-A:

i hope God helps u in getting another car

I say a big AMEN to that. We might be sealing the deal for my next ride pretty soon. cool cool cool cool
Re: 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. by eros(m): 1:13pm On Feb 28, 2011
Topic: 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do.  (Read 43 views)

NO COMMENTS, NO SUGGESTION ! ! ! ! !
Re: 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. by sultaan(m): 6:14pm On Feb 28, 2011
If your tracker system has a remote shutdown in it they probably hacked your system.
When you turn your key to acc, see if a security or key comes up.

By the way how did you know its not working?

press panic on your remote see what happens
Re: 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. by eros(m): 6:30pm On Feb 28, 2011
sultaan:

If your tracker system has a remote shutdown in it they probably hacked your system.
When you turn your key to acc, see if a security or key comes up.

By the way how did you know its not working?

press panic on your remote see what happens

Thanks for your input. The car did not come with a remote, i only have a key. I have called the guy who installed the tracked severally to fix the problem, but he has just refused to for reasons best known to him. Sadly, i met him here on Nairaland but he has being inactive for a very long time now. I will search for his documents and post his full contact details here.

Also i just turned my car on and the security key symbol showed on the dashboard. Invariably this means the car security system is still functional but not activated. Please how do you think i can resolve this issue.

Thanks for taking valuable time to assist me.
Re: 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. by sultaan(m): 9:39pm On Feb 28, 2011
ok try this, get in the car and lock the door with at door handle wait 5 minutes then open the door from inside the alarm should go off, you can turn it off by starting your car with the keys.

When you lock the car from inside it takes time for system to arm and when you open from inde it thinks someone broke window to open door so alarm goes off.

So I guess your alarm is working you just didn't know.
Re: 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. by eros(m): 9:19pm On Mar 01, 2011
sultaan:

ok try this, get in the car and lock the door with at door handle wait 5 minutes then open the door from inside the alarm should go off, you can turn it off by starting your car with the keys.

When you lock the car from inside it takes time for system to arm and when you open from inde it thinks someone broke window to open door so alarm goes off.

So I guess your alarm is working you just didn't know.

Alright i tried this but the alarm still did not go off. I have tried severally to force the door open but the alarm did not go off like it would usually do when it was okay. I guess its a more complex problem.

Please help me out here. . . . . . Anybody. . . . . . Somebody sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. by eros(m): 7:22pm On Mar 02, 2011
Anybody out there knows how i can fix this problem with my security system
Re: 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. by eros(m): 9:19am On Mar 03, 2011
Please help a brother out.
Re: 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. by eros(m): 6:38pm On Mar 03, 2011
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. by eros(m): 7:52pm On Mar 03, 2011
Pls Advise On What To Do.
Re: 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. by eros(m): 7:13pm On Mar 04, 2011
Experts in the house please advise on what i need to do.
Re: 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. by eros(m): 7:02pm On Mar 05, 2011
Re: 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. by KunleA2(m): 8:38pm On Mar 05, 2011
Look, all jokes aside, if you are not willing to take it to somewhere like Honda place (thats not even guarantee) i will suggest that you leave the problem alone and let it be.

You don't even have the remote for the system anyway. As long as the car is running good and you can enjoy it. Let it be.

Don't beat urself over the issue. If you keep pushing and and you end up with a major electrical issue cos ppl are busy messing with what they are not suppose to or what they don't understand. You will be sorry.

If it bothers you, you can install an alarm system or buy another car!  undecided
Re: 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. by eros(m): 2:08pm On Mar 07, 2011
Work in progress . . . . . .any other suggestion will be appreciated.
Re: 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. by eros(m): 7:06pm On Mar 10, 2011
Work in progress . . . . . .any other suggestion will be appreciated.
Re: 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. by sultaan(m): 4:30pm On Mar 11, 2011
Someone messed with your system, you don't want to double your problem.
Re: 2001 Acura TL Security System Not Functioning. . . . Pls Advise On What To Do. by eros(m): 8:05pm On Mar 16, 2011
sultaan:

Someone messed with your system, you don't want to double your problem.

That is what i have being able to find out so far. But there is no problem without a solution. I will definitely get a solution to this one. Will keep you posted when the problem has being fixed.

(1) (Reply)

"engine Immobilizer Fault" On Peugeot 406 Prestige >>>plz Help! / Mitsubishi L300 Crystal Roof Bus 4sale. 4 pics / Peugeot 607, 46k For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.