Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,276 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Want To Learn How To Write Your Own Malwar3? Hop In Here - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Want To Learn How To Write Your Own Malwar3? Hop In Here (1379 Views)

If You Are Developer Hop In / Android App Developers Hop In / For Young And Basic Web Development HOP IN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Learn How To Write Your Own Malwar3? Hop In Here by EvilSec: 8:45pm On Sep 20, 2020
Weeks ago, I got asked this question by JayJayGee.
JayJayGee:

Okay, I have a question now.
In my cybersecurity course I recently learnt how to identify and analyse malwares also how to install and remove malwares. Also I saw myself picking serious interest in malwares. So I'm asking how do I go about creating or learning to create my own malwares, exploit scripts and all of that so I can be an effective red teamer for my cyber security unit?

The answer I gave wasn't really in depth so I thought I'd make a post to properly explain how you can make your malwar3, the programming languages you should use and what the logic will be.

Writing malwar3 all depends on what you are targeting and how you want it to work. If you want a classic file or boot sector infecting malwar3, go with Assembly. This is a very difficult but rewarding language because you are writing so close to the bare metal of the machine, it makes writing code that can alter binary files and hardware a simple matter.

Worms, macros, script virus3s, and most other malwar3 can be easier since higher-level languages easily support networking and graphics and you don’t have to do any tricks that infect binaries or deal with hardware. From there it’s all about what you want to infect and how. C and C++ are good for most purposes, but once you have written your malwar3, it will only work on that OS (if you wrote it for Windows but want it to work on a Mac or Linux, you can still use those languages but you will have to recompile and even rewrite some things). Java is the king of application languages, but it presupposes the user has a Java virtual machine. Android uses Java, so it can be useful for Android malwar3. In the Mac world, both for their computers and phones, it’s largely Objective-C and Swift. For web-based malwar3, you can use JavaScript or Ruby, but PHP could also be quite valuable (it’s what Facebook and Wordpress use). Python can do just about anything, and luckily, it has a lot of malwar3 to its name too.

As for the logic, that’s a big question, and something for you to work out for yourself. It’s a lot of work and if I’m going to even just work out the logic, I’m either writing a virus to satisfy my own curiosity or I’m going to be paid handsomely. Also, as the logic goes, as any other software you should have a list of requirements and you write your code to satisfy those, as example if your malwar3 is a worm; it has to have some method of spreading like coping itself from one hard drive to another to a flash drive to whatever is connected and you see as a way of spreading your worm. if it is a spyware then it should get access to the victims resources like the microphone, webcam, keyboard and probably have screen capture abilities. All of this requirements are usually achievable through most programming languages and you can actually find example code for them on open source software.

I won’t warn you against writing them, but I will warn you to be careful and not let them out. If you must run them, do it in simulators or virtual machines that are not attached to the wider Internet. I have no sympathy on anyone who deliberately releases destructive code on innocent people and ends up banged up with a crushing fine or even a long jail sentence, but I do like and even hope to encourage the curious person looking for an interesting technical and intellectual exercise.

If you guys think I should make another post showing you how to get started with writing basic malwar3s in C or Python, let me know.
P.S. This is strictly for educational purpose.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Want To Learn How To Write Your Own Malwar3? Hop In Here by Najdorf: 10:46am On Sep 21, 2020
Following
Re: Want To Learn How To Write Your Own Malwar3? Hop In Here by OGWILLS123: 9:40am On Sep 22, 2020
EvilSec:
Weeks ago, I got asked this question by JayJayGee.

The answer I gave wasn't really in depth so I thought I'd make a post to properly explain how you can make your malwar3, the programming languages you should use and what the logic will be.

Writing malwar3 all depends on what you are targeting and how you want it to work. If you want a classic file or boot sector infecting malwar3, go with Assembly. This is a very difficult but rewarding language because you are writing so close to the bare metal of the machine, it makes writing code that can alter binary files and hardware a simple matter.

Worms, macros, script virus3s, and most other malwar3 can be easier since higher-level languages easily support networking and graphics and you don’t have to do any tricks that infect binaries or deal with hardware. From there it’s all about what you want to infect and how. C and C++ are good for most purposes, but once you have written your malwar3, it will only work on that OS (if you wrote it for Windows but want it to work on a Mac or Linux, you can still use those languages but you will have to recompile and even rewrite some things). Java is the king of application languages, but it presupposes the user has a Java virtual machine. Android uses Java, so it can be useful for Android malwar3. In the Mac world, both for their computers and phones, it’s largely Objective-C and Swift. For web-based malwar3, you can use JavaScript or Ruby, but PHP could also be quite valuable (it’s what Facebook and Wordpress use). Python can do just about anything, and luckily, it has a lot of malwar3 to its name too.

As for the logic, that’s a big question, and something for you to work out for yourself. It’s a lot of work and if I’m going to even just work out the logic, I’m either writing a virus to satisfy my own curiosity or I’m going to be paid handsomely. Also, as the logic goes, as any other software you should have a list of requirements and you write your code to satisfy those, as example if your malwar3 is a worm; it has to have some method of spreading like coping itself from one hard drive to another to a flash drive to whatever is connected and you see as a way of spreading your worm. if it is a spyware then it should get access to the victims resources like the microphone, webcam, keyboard and probably have screen capture abilities. All of this requirements are usually achievable through most programming languages and you can actually find example code for them on open source software.

I won’t warn you against writing them, but I will warn you to be careful and not let them out. If you must run them, do it in simulators or virtual machines that are not attached to the wider Internet. I have no sympathy on anyone who deliberately releases destructive code on innocent people and ends up banged up with a crushing fine or even a long jail sentence, but I do like and even hope to encourage the curious person looking for an interesting technical and intellectual exercise.

If you guys think I should make another post showing you how to get started with writing basic malwar3s in C or Python, let me know.
P.S. This is strictly for educational purpose.
Good day sir.

please i want to go into serious ethical hacking and people are telling me that I need to know many language as possible since I can not use JavaScript to hack something build with php, neither can i use python to hack java. so because of that I need to learn as many language as possible if I want to hack anything.
How true is that sir cry
thanks
Re: Want To Learn How To Write Your Own Malwar3? Hop In Here by EvilSec: 7:33pm On Sep 22, 2020
OGWILLS123:

Good day sir.

please i want to go into serious ethical hacking and people are telling me that I need to know many language as possible since I can not use JavaScript to hack something build with php, neither can i use python to hack java. so because of that I need to learn as many language as possible if I want to hack anything.
How true is that sir cry
thanks
I made a post in the past that should answer your question.
https://www.nairaland.com/6053872/programming-languages-hackers-should-learn
Re: Want To Learn How To Write Your Own Malwar3? Hop In Here by EvilSec: 9:15pm On Sep 22, 2020
Najdorf:
Following
Not sure if there will be a follow up post. I've been getting banned a lot on NL these days and a ton of my posts have been removed. Maybe it's time I stopped using nairaland.
Re: Want To Learn How To Write Your Own Malwar3? Hop In Here by Bahat: 9:14pm On Sep 30, 2020
Hi EvilSec, is there any know python library to validate email input with respective domain
Re: Want To Learn How To Write Your Own Malwar3? Hop In Here by EvilSec: 2:57am On Oct 01, 2020
Bahat:
Hi EvilSec, is there any know python library to validate email input with respective domain
To validate emails for any type of domain, use https://isitarealemail.com email API validation, it does in depth email address inspection on the email server. You need to use the python requests library.

1 Like

Re: Want To Learn How To Write Your Own Malwar3? Hop In Here by Bahat: 2:59am On Oct 02, 2020
EvilSec:

To validate emails for any type of domain, use https://isitarealemail.com email API validation, it does in depth email address inspection on the email server. You need to use the python requests library.

Thanks for the share, it seems to work after testing it alot of time, im not sure the API works anymore with accurate result.
Re: Want To Learn How To Write Your Own Malwar3? Hop In Here by Enceladus(m): 8:08am On Oct 02, 2020
And @Bahat If you need an offline regex method, I could provide you a decent expression.
Re: Want To Learn How To Write Your Own Malwar3? Hop In Here by Bahat: 10:07am On Oct 02, 2020
Enceladus:
And @Bahat If you need an offline regex method, I could provide you a decent expression.

cc Enceladus oh yes i need tell me about it. Thanks in advance
Re: Want To Learn How To Write Your Own Malwar3? Hop In Here by Enceladus(m): 10:40pm On Oct 02, 2020
Bahat:

cc Enceladus oh yes i need tell me about it. Thanks in advance

This does not perform any test of the server actually.

Re: Want To Learn How To Write Your Own Malwar3? Hop In Here by Bahat: 9:24am On Oct 03, 2020
Enceladus:

This does not perform any test of the server actually.

Oh alright. You can share me the regex to verify user input. But I actually need the server-side testing.
Re: Want To Learn How To Write Your Own Malwar3? Hop In Here by Enceladus(m): 9:32pm On Oct 03, 2020
Bahat:

Oh alright. You can share me the regex to verify user input. But I actually need the server-side testing.

I did that already but let me upload again. The file check_email.py does what you want but it can't check outlook mx records, but you can find dig around for them and slot it in the code manually. The file also works with custom not so popular mail servers. And in case you run to IP blacklist issues you can tunnel your request through a proxy with PySocks.

Re: Want To Learn How To Write Your Own Malwar3? Hop In Here by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 03, 2020
Yet ordinary Calculator u cannot hack
Re: Want To Learn How To Write Your Own Malwar3? Hop In Here by EvilSec: 11:18pm On Oct 03, 2020
Bonatheripper:
Yet ordinary Calculator u cannot hack
How about I start by doxxing you xD?
Re: Want To Learn How To Write Your Own Malwar3? Hop In Here by MiracleAdams: 5:27pm On Oct 04, 2020
Want to learn hacking, go study (1) SAN 504 course.: Hackers, tools and Techniques .

(2) CompTIA Pentest+
(3) CompTIA Linux+
And CompTIA CySA+

Then you are good to go

1 Like

Re: Want To Learn How To Write Your Own Malwar3? Hop In Here by Bahat: 6:15pm On Jan 29, 2021
MiracleAdams:
Want to learn hacking, go study (1) SAN 504 course.: Hackers, tools and Techniques .

(2) CompTIA Pentest+
(3) CompTIA Linux+
And CompTIA CySA+

Then you are good to go

After this what next? What about if you have no experience with programming languages
Re: Want To Learn How To Write Your Own Malwar3? Hop In Here by Hotspotbro(m): 9:22am On Mar 24, 2021
---
Re: Want To Learn How To Write Your Own Malwar3? Hop In Here by Bahat: 7:31pm On Mar 25, 2021
Hotspotbro:
i want to write a android/iphone specified botnet.
i have JS Miner for Monero and am not using it because i have no idea what it can do

It depends on how you are making those calls, android/iphone you can use a UI that responds to both types to manage those datas.

(1) (Reply)

My First Project With HTML And CSS / Omo! See My MERN Full Stack Diamon Web App (frontend And Backend) / Niit Or Aptech?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.