Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). (61566 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by v3: 2:30pm On Feb 28, 2011
@Cougar
If Kos decided to stick with his plan of hoofing the ball, we for don help Shezny dey adjust him jaw o shocked.
Blame Kos all you want but perfoming very well in your first season as a defender in the EPL is a rarity! Kos is a good as they come, abi u wan tell me say nobody don commit dat type of blunder before Gerrard picked out Drogba with a perfect pass grin grin, Fergie literally cursed Johnny Evans parents in the UCL. . .Rafa Marques lob, the list is endless biko.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 2:38pm On Feb 28, 2011
^^ baa magana! tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by A40(m): 2:39pm On Feb 28, 2011
v3:

@Kit
Biko, this thread is new so please spare me the agony of having to lock it up and clean posts. Thank you smiley

@Cougar
If Kos decided to stick with his plan of hoofing the ball, we for don help Shezny dey adjust him jaw o shocked.
Blame Kos all you want but perfoming very well in your first season as a defender in the EPL is a rarity! Kos is a good as they come, abi u wan tell me say nobody don commit dat type of blunder before Gerrard picked out Drogba with a perfect pass grin grin, Fergie literally cursed Johnny Evans parents in the UCL. . .Rafa Marques lob, the list is endless biko.
A simple kick to the corner flag or throwing flag woulda sufficed he made it too much of a big deal by trying to boot the ball and then miskicking it. Koscielny has tried emphasis on the word tried (you would not get more than that from me  grin grin ) Because some people done dey compare am to Maldini already when we all know say na Djourou dey do the work
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 2:40pm On Feb 28, 2011
debosky:

He fumbled the ball - that's a mistake.

he fumbled the ball because he wasn't expecting the ball to come to him. let's assume koscielny wasn't in the picture at all, would szczesny have fumbled the ball? it was koscileny's dummy that fooled szczesny - end of story.

v3:

@Cougar
Blame Kos all you want but perfoming very well in your first season as a defender in the EPL is a rarity!

szczesny cannot assume koscielny was going to miss the ball. when you attempt to leave the ball, you leave it completely without swinging a leg. the dummy fooled szczesny. ignore what any keeper says/screams - if you're right there, three yards from your goal line and the ball is there to be hit into row z, then hit in into row z(carr of birmingham had that situation time and time again yesterday with a communication break down with ben foster) and he cleared the ball on each occasion.

your team-mates might well give you a bollicking but at least the ball will be in row z and not sitting in the back of your net. everyone of us who has played football have done this - being indecisive over a call that might cost the team. the rule is take control and ask/answer the questions later. on that note, koscielny is 100% culpable for the bleep-up.

Kos is a good as they come, abi u wan tell me say nobody don commit dat type of blunder before Gerrard picked out Drogba with a perfect pass grin grin, Fergie literally cursed Johnny Evans parents in the UCL. . .Rafa Marques lob, the list is endless biko.

that game was far too important to arsenal than gerrard picking out drogba or fergie kicking johnny evan's behind. 89th minute of a cup final and a defender does that to his team? a team that hasn't won a dime in six years? i'd deduct koscielny's wages if i were in wenger's shoes. did you see the look wilshere gave koscielny after the goal? priceless!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 2:53pm On Feb 28, 2011
hannie:

When a rat is sweet-chewing an elder's legs u guys never talk, when that same elder uses 'ekute'le gum' to trap the rat and chop u go begin dey define an elder's role . . .rubbish! I stand firm to say if anyone draws the first blood I will respond in adequate and even excessive measure, at least na all of us sabi type even if some of us no get any modicum of SENSE in them nor IQ  . . . grin

Respect yourself joor, or else no elders' allowee for March. tongue grin

dipo holster your gun - gunpowder is supposed to be used solely on the enemy and not at fellow gooners. FYI, OBJ aint got nuthin on Dr Kit aka Kitstradamus/MC Omo on nairaland. tongue

@A-40

I understand u but we lacked the right PERSONNEL when it mattered most and it was glaring . . .it was obvious Rosicky wasnt performing, all AW had to do instead of bringing on 2 strikers was to solidify the midfield and dig for creativity, explains why I felt as useless as Diaby might have been it could as well have been his game to win. . . .even Denny would have done a better job of going more defensively while Song and Wilshere will go offensive instead of removing ARSHAVIN that probably had the biggest pedigree on the field . . .

we don forget say name dey play ball atimes? immediately Arshavin was out, they became more daring, this is akin to how when Pep removed Villa we were able to exploit that sub to our advantage.

Enough of this talk about creativity - the fact is that once Chamakh and Bendtner came on, we dominated and likely had our best period all game, making foster make saves and penetrating deep into the Birmingham half. We didn't score simply because Foster was in brilliant form and nothing else.

If we didn't make that defensive error, we would've gone into extra time and blitzed them away before the first 15 minutes were up.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 3:02pm On Feb 28, 2011
debosky:

Enough of this talk about creativity - the fact is that once Chamakh and Bendtner came on, we dominated and likely had our best period all game, making foster make saves and penetrating deep into the Birmingham half. We didn't score simply because Foster was in brilliant form and nothing else.

If we didn't make that defensive error, we would've gone into extra time and blitzed them away before the first 15 minutes were up.

the general performance of the team was woeful. none of the arsenal players played to their capabilities. i cannot blame one single player for the loss apart from koscielny who gave obafemi martins the easiest chance only yakubu can miss. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by slimshay(m): 3:03pm On Feb 28, 2011
I loff Arsenal fans and the blame theory. . . .the teams need to move the fork on. Quit dragging them back!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by mukina2: 3:09pm On Feb 28, 2011
hehehehehehehehehe  grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by A40(m): 4:02pm On Feb 28, 2011
Even a Birmingham player slapped Koscielny for his stupidity grin grin if you saw the replays of the goal celebration

@Hannie
We had 22 shots on goal and 9 on target! Trust me creativity was not the problem. I do agree that perhaps Rozzi (I hope this is his last season at Arsenal) should have been taken off rather than Arshavin. Plus their goal was not really about them being daring! A simple hoof of the ball by Foster,Zigic wins a header and all Koscielny had to do was clear the ball out of sight! We do know how to make the simple things look difficult at Arsenal

@4llerbuntu
The boys didnt do good!! While Wenger is not a tactical genius i think he has tried for those players they should pity the old man and win him something
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 4:08pm On Feb 28, 2011
The Trophylessness continues

[flash=500,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/22g0kfW4auc[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by proudly9ja(m): 4:12pm On Feb 28, 2011
@debosky

How should Arsene handle this 'mentality' issue?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by jamebex(m): 4:14pm On Feb 28, 2011
All these talks and noise are the aftermath of the devastation the loss caused us.Same folk will laud kos on his good day.Well for all i care,I DO RATHER LOSE CARLING CUP AND WIN EPL than the opp.Atleast all haterz will have nothing to say coz winning EPL,we do have won a major trophy and also a league title.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by proudly9ja(m): 4:20pm On Feb 28, 2011
Thank God Ramsey should be back from Cardiff and I think we need to recall Lansbury too if Denilson and/or Diaby don't live up. I don't know what is wrong with Rosicky but at this stage we are in, we can't continue to 'try' players.

There's no need to slate Kos. The mistake has been made. I bet if the goalkeeper was one of Almunia or Fabianski, noone would be blaming it all on Kos.
We made a mistake on Sunday, it was a costly one. Let's move on.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by v3: 4:37pm On Feb 28, 2011
A-40:

Even a Birmingham player slapped Koscielny for his stupidity grin grin if you saw the replays of the goal celebration

@Hannie
We had 22 shots on goal and 9 on target! Trust me creativity was not the problem. I do agree that perhaps Rozzi (I hope this is his last season at Arsenal) should have been taken off rather than Arshavin. Plus their goal was not really about them being daring! A simple hoof of the ball by Foster,Zigic wins a header and all Koscielny had to do was clear the ball out of sight! We do know how to make the simple things look difficult at Arsenal

@4llerbuntu
The boys didnt do good!! While Wenger is not a tactical genius i think he has tried for those players they should pity the old man and win him something
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8352473/Jack-Wilshere-in-Twitter-rant-at-Barry-Ferguson-for-slapping-Arsenal-team-mate-Laurent-Koscielnys-head.html grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 4:45pm On Feb 28, 2011
proudly9ja:

@debosky

How should Arsene handle this 'mentality' issue?

They are simply hopeless both coach and players. Best solution is mass suicide.
v3:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8352473/Jack-Wilshere-in-Twitter-rant-at-Barry-Ferguson-for-slapping-Arsenal-team-mate-Laurent-Koscielnys-head.html grin grin

Na for twitter dem dey get power. Dem enter field dey play like lepers
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by proudly9ja(m): 4:52pm On Feb 28, 2011
Jack Wilshere

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by A40(m): 4:52pm On Feb 28, 2011
@Proudly9ja
Its not that we dont want to move on its that we know somewhere in the future an even bigger and more egregious mistake would be made in an even more important match. Or can you bet against that happening??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chic2pimp(m): 5:02pm On Feb 28, 2011
I know I am very late but I was never going to let this opportunity pass me by grin

[size=15pt]HOW MERKET!!! grin
YAYA KASUA!!! grin
BAWO NI OJA!!! grin
[/size]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 5:02pm On Feb 28, 2011
Now even from a neutral's view wasn't that bad sportsmanship? is there really a need to kick someone who is down? contrast that to Seb Larsson consoling Clichy after the final whistle. Abeg whether you win or lose, do it with some modicum of respect to your opponent. Its one of the reasons why I will never warm to Mourinho, I can never forget all that arm waving after beating Barcelona last season, utter classlessness. Its one of the reasons why that 5 goal rout at the camp Nou was even more enjoyable.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by lalaboi(m): 5:07pm On Feb 28, 2011
Jack wilshere's picture lol.v. . . Damn!!!!

Just a week ago, Mr Schezney was making fun of ashley cole's penalty!. . Kid!! lol. . Next time learn to mind your bizniz grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by proudly9ja(m): 5:16pm On Feb 28, 2011
A-40:

@Proudly9ja
Its not that we dont want to move on its that we know somewhere in the future an even bigger and more egregious mistake would be made in an even more important match. Or can you bet against that happening??

Ofcourse I can't bet against it happening but the truth is, no matter how much we debate about it here, its not going to change anything at the club and while I don't mind us debating, its just giving some 'people' something to talk about.

Plus I don't think this is the best time to argue about such stuff. We are still in the race for three trophies. We've got a game on wednesday. The quicker we 'forget' Sunday's game, the better (from the players' point of view). We also need to realise that no matter the mistakes made on sunday, Kos and Szcecezny are our no1 CB and GK respectively. Now unless we want to see Squill and Almunia in the first 11, I guess the best we can do now is support them and wait till end of season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 5:41pm On Feb 28, 2011
WenGAY assuming position as he awaits duduspace from behind

www.nairaland.com/attachments/400209_231916h447pd1w620_jpg69642290a6d26943e77eb8d69ddee6b7
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by lalaboi(m): 5:46pm On Feb 28, 2011
One of my Fav rappers once said!. .
"I put you on your toes like wenger at injury time!" grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by slimshay(m): 5:47pm On Feb 28, 2011
1. People will choose to hate or rate even against any and all evidence before them.

2. An Arsenal player is only good on the weekends we win. Or if he didn't play in said weekend.

3. Arsenal fans bar a few (usually long time gunners) are only fun on the weekends we win.

4. DK is still a big bufoon!!

5. Cougar is still Sauron, only stoopider.

6. If you take this serious, you need help.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 5:47pm On Feb 28, 2011
dayokanu:

WenGAY assuming position as he awaits duduspace from behind

www.nairaland.com/attachments/400209_231916h447pd1w620_jpg69642290a6d26943e77eb8d69ddee6b7

DK, joblessness na bad thing, when did yu become an amateur gay Indecency enthusiast?
We need to get yu away from that Allianz as soon as possible, yu don dey learn some kind bad things from Van Gaal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 5:49pm On Feb 28, 2011
Eboue to Wilshere:

You dey craze? Why you dey shed tears like person wey dem swear for? We lost and you dey cry? Did you expect we were going to win.

When I first come, Na so me sef dey cry when we lost in 2006 CL finals. To be an Assanal player you have to be a certified failure. You can't win anything in your life If you stay here.

Hleb, Larson won after leaving here. Vieira, Henry also won after leaving here. You are still young, if you want to win a trophy better leave this Godforsaken club.

Oya follow me make we go dance Awilo before you go back to WenGAY's bedroom, Dont forget you are the new guy whose Arse needs to be rimmed by the coach

www.nairaland.com/attachments/400187_610x_jpgab116d199c163335ca6ed9bdd5cccdef
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2011
Can anyone spot the similarities between duduspace (In green) and WenGAY in the picures below?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/338545_huh_jpgd292d8cb40d9edbb59ead171cafb539d

Notice the "Furo mi re loke" God see my nyash(I offer my nyansh)- pose.

Fela don talk am : na from back, na from Back oooo, na from back
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by lalaboi(m): 5:58pm On Feb 28, 2011
Abeg from now on. .Arsenal players should leave twitter alone and concentrate on winning a trophy lol
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 6:04pm On Feb 28, 2011
lalaboi:

Abeg from now on. .Arsenal players should leave twitter alone and concentrate on winning a trophy lol

Leave dem ooooo.

Ti a ba le je oba, A le je eba. If we no fit chop oba(king) we go fit chop Eba.

if dem no fit win trophies for real life shebi dem go win Twitter Champions League (TCL) Like they said "At all at all na him bad pass"
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by HNIC(m): 6:10pm On Feb 28, 2011
lalaboi:

We dey tweet
Your own players dey shoot people grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by lalaboi(m): 6:13pm On Feb 28, 2011
dayokanu:

Leave dem ooooo.

Ti a ba le je oba, A le je eba. If we no fit chop oba(king) we go fit chop Eba.

if dem no fit win trophies for real life shebi dem go win Twitter Champions League (TCL) Like they said "At all at all na him bad pass"

In the words of |eldee "Arsenal owns twitter". . . Thats their major trophy!

HNIC:

We dey tweet
Your own players dey shoot people grin

Ma guy dey do practice ni! grin atleast he nor dey cry for nice Sunday evening like some guyz in red!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 6:29pm On Feb 28, 2011
lalaboi:

In the words of |eldee "Arsenal owns twitter". . . Thats their major trophy!

Ma guy dey do practice ni! grin atleast he nor dey cry for nice Sunday evening like some guyz in red!
He needs the practice since his penalty wouldn't have gone in even if the goalmouth is doubled in both horizontal and vertical dimensions without a goalie.  tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Paris Saint-Germain: UCL (0 - 2) On 12th February 2019 / Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea - UEFA Super Cup 2 - 2 ( 5 - 4) Pens on 30th-08-2013 / Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.