Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,134 members, 7,849,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:23 AM

My SUMEC Generator Misbehaves With My Television, ADVISE PLEASE - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My SUMEC Generator Misbehaves With My Television, ADVISE PLEASE (437 Views)

Pls Will My Sumec SPG3000 Carry A 1.5HP Hisense Inverter AC Conveniently?? / Elepaq Constant Or Sumec Firman 4.5kva / SOLD!!! Used Original Sumec Generator For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My SUMEC Generator Misbehaves With My Television, ADVISE PLEASE by BaronBright: 7:38pm On Sep 21, 2020
Good Day Good people of Nairaland.. Trust your Monday went well

Please, I am in a bit of a fix. I have a Sumec Firman Generator SPG 1800 which is fairly new since I bought it in July. I don't use it very much and so far it hasn't developed fault.

I live in a one room with a small 23 inch Toshiba LED TV and a small Akai Tabletop fridge.

My issue is that my generator cannot power the Television alone except I have to plug in something with high voltage like the fridge, and when I plug in the fridge, it comes on but due to how the fridge mechanism fluctuates up and down, whenever the fridge goes down, so does the TV.

I have also experimented with pressing Iron and electric cooker. Whenever I plug them, the TV comes on, but whenever they fluctuate, TV goes off... I wonder why the gen wont power the TV naturally without added help.

(The TV also doesn't on when there is low current)

WHAT DO YOU ADVISE ME TO DO ON THIS? Get a stabiliser? Or repair the TV?
Re: My SUMEC Generator Misbehaves With My Television, ADVISE PLEASE by Petyr1: 8:11pm On Sep 21, 2020
i think you should get a stabilizer
Re: My SUMEC Generator Misbehaves With My Television, ADVISE PLEASE by LadySarah: 8:12pm On Sep 21, 2020
Bump
Re: My SUMEC Generator Misbehaves With My Television, ADVISE PLEASE by Yomisky(m): 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2020
BaronBright:
WHAT DO YOU ADVISE ME TO DO ON THIS?
Due to how the TV was built, the TV detects or doesn't tolerate instability in the voltage and current generated by the generator.
The instability which was induced by the mechanical and electrical makeup of the generator which led to improper sine wave, becomes slightly corrected when a load tolerant to the instability is placed on the generator before connecting the TV.
To correct this, you can change the power circuitry of the TV.
OR
Simply get a stabilizer.

Good luck

(1) (Reply)

We Cure Infertility In Both Men And Women, Pediatric & Child Care Services Abuja / Groom Collapses At Wedding After Finding Out His Bride Has Four Children / . ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.