Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,991 members, 7,838,506 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja (71220 Views)

This Is Tokyo Not Ajegunle / Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja / My Amazing Trip To Tokyo, Japan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Ykc2(m): 3:22pm On Sep 30, 2020
No city in Nigeria is as beautiful as malaga in Spain before you mention Barcelona or madrid inshort all cities in spain

3 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by donMIG(m): 3:22pm On Sep 30, 2020
How this kind topic take dei make FRONT PAGE
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by CapitalBank: 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2020
ODJ124:
every time we keep insulting our country this isn't fair...
let's appreciate what we have..

we compare ourselves with developed countries..

when only their defense budget alone can fund Nigerian budget 2 years none stop...
do we even have money... compared to them..

Most Africans sees Nigeria as the USA of Africa...

They have come again with their bullshiiit motivational speeches aimed at celebrating mediocrity just to sound patriotic.

8 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by NeoWanZaeed(m): 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2020
stupid OP.

comparing 60 yrs old country to over 200yrs old country
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by JAMO84: 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2020
coolcharm:
Oga OP, please off the mic cheesy

Because they bought 3 fairly used 1990 trains from China with the loan china gave them... They feel they have arrived.
Which one did your Poverty Development Party buy?

2 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 30, 2020
Educate me please,forget about that guy. Educate me a lot,your brain is full of wonders,pour them to me. I am notherner,but always think like "me yasa gwamnat ba zata hana kiwo a dawa ba?,me yasa kullum fulani ke kashe manona?". Sorry you may not understand what I say,but I like to put them that way. Nigeria revolution can't come by sword and axes. Nigerian problem is not bad governance sir,nor tribalism,nor culture,nor population,nor corruption,nor democracy,nor differece,nor rigging,nor religion,nor godfatherism,but IGNORANCE!!!. It is simply IGNORANCE,once NIGERIANS GET EDUCATED AND HAVE THEIR NEW EYES,NO PLACE OF HIDING FOR FOR OPPRESSORS.

1 Like

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by HimName: 3:26pm On Sep 30, 2020
Picture 1 na dia balogun market grin

1 Like

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Yomit71(m): 3:26pm On Sep 30, 2020
what has the entire south east achieve in terms of development, always showing glories of others while themselves lack glory
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Opelomega07: 3:26pm On Sep 30, 2020
Commonsense99:
grin
You have time to educate these village boys when they cant use Google images to educate themselves.
I felt ashamed when I saw a thread comparing Abuja with Dubai or Tokyo railways.,
Tokyo's Shinjuku Station is the most complicated, most fascinating, largest railway system in the whole world!
Nigeria should be relegated to a 4th World country, reason why some People still thinks lagos, and Kaduna are developed.
When igbos who travel a lot complain they call them ipob, reason why we want our Biafra.
shame on you bro. You refuse to mention your region. Ajala traveled! Nndi developers.

4 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by maasoap(m): 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2020
TinubuGoQuench:

Afonjaitus
A proud one for that matter. Haters get no joy nor happiness
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by TinubuGoQuench(f): 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2020
maasoap:

Firstly, one third of your region population is in Lagos, just ask yourself why.
Secondly, below are two pictures from Lagos and two from Aba. When we claim, it's because we have what you don't. So, stop hating.
As for the tollyboy5, I don't know what your problem is for telling us what we already knew.

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by bergs2: 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2020
ODJ124:

when only their defense budget alone can fund Nigerian budget 2 years none stop...

@ bolded,
See ur life.
Be asking irrelevant question.
The money we are making from oil sales be like coconut oil money for ur eye abi
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Daum: 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2020
Rugaria:

Have you read "From third world to first" by the Singaporean independence leader Lee. Kwan Yew?
Read the book and exorcise yourself of some of these self-depreciating beliefs. Like I told you before, no superior humans! Just societies with more organized cultural outlooks skewed towards acheiving societal goals. Lee told a story in that book of how the government then had to try to stop their people from going up the newly built high rise apartments with their pigs! Remember Singapore was more of a desolate fishing port before him! Folks were so basic with their lifestyle then they wanted to rear their pigs in the new skyscrapers!

But he pesevered! Go to Singapore today.., shiny modern, pace setting. That is a product of inventive leadership. If Singapore had Buhari as their leader instead of Lee, I bet by now instead of talking about high rises to accommodate the population of such a small country, the discuss will be about ruga! Leaders should skew cultural growths towards modern standards that makes the acceptance of new cultural tools easier. Not turning themselves into agents of retrogression and stagnation. Get yourself a bunch of forward thinking leaders and watch your country compete.

Lee ruled till he died. He only gave power to his son who is still ruling today. The PAP has been in power since. To me democracy as we have in the US is not for us.

4 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by gowonmaharajah(m): 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2020
ODJ124:

Don't be surprised bro.Nigerians are known complainers and ingrates.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by botanist123: 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2020
Rugaria:

Bros,
I'm not comparing Lagos and Aba. Pls be guided. I'm telling you as a matter of fact tht Lagos is a huge jungle. Visit shanghai, visit HK, visit Singapore, visit Shenzhen, visit Ningbo, visit Tokyo visit Kuala Lumpur..., Come back and you will say worse things about Lagos... Some of the places you just mentioned are just the equivalent of middle class neighbourhoods in these places. But I know you will choose to argue.... With your skull like tht of oshiomohle..
He skull they like that edo man . haa u kill me

1 Like

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Wrecxman(m): 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2020
Rugaria:

Ignorance at Neptune levelz...
If you have a disability, you are the one with such. Not me an you! Nothing is wrong with me. I have schooled and lived with these people and beat them silly in different fields. My only daughter is biracial and the smartest in her classes. Nothing wrong with the black man or his color or continent. We are just going through a rough period which has been very tough because we haven't been able to chase out charlatans from positions of power! Simple. I am soooo tired of characters like you and your deluge of outbursts riddled with all sorts of inferiority complex! In that Asia, there are countries like Laos, Philippines, Cambodia, Myanmar, sirilanka etc that are as poor as Mali or Cameroon. In Africa, the southern and eastern African countries are picking up rapidly. China was so bad the people used ordinary grasses for vegetables Les than 5 decades ago. They have fixed that.. we will fix ours at some point when people like you stop electing buffoons like Buhari as president!
Once again; you are the one with disability not Africans! Thank you!!

You totally missed the point the respondent was trying to raise. It wasn't about feeling inferior to Asians or Whites in general but a comparism of development indicies in the last 30 years.

In the 80's, China was generally regarded as a poor country known worldwide for manufacturing substandard and defective products. Today, they are a world power. Same can be said of South Korea, Singapore and the UAE. Imagine if Obasanjo in 1978 had laid down and judiciously pursued a development agenda around Education, Defence, Health, Finance, Job creation, etc and this was continued by successive governments, Nigeria would definitely rank in the top ten countries today in terms of development.

Most people would agree that the problem of Nigeria and indeed Africa is not the want of resources or manpower, but of terrible and visionless leaders consciously or unconsciously backed by a docile populace.

9 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Yomit71(m): 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2020
Ykc2:
No city in Nigeria is as beautiful as malaga in Spain before you mention Barcelona or madrid inshort all cities in spain
na your father built malaga??
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by TinubuGoQuench(f): 3:29pm On Sep 30, 2020
maasoap:

A proud one for that matter. Haters get no joy nor happiness

SHUT UP THERE!!!
EKPA!!!

ERIAKO!
ME KA FAWE GAGA
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by ODJ124(m): 3:30pm On Sep 30, 2020
bergs2:

@ bolded,
See ur life.
Be asking irrelevant question.
The money we are making from oil sales be like coconut oil money for ur eye abi

u think we make much abi......
why not compare our budget in dollars to other important countries and see for urself...
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Ykc2(m): 3:31pm On Sep 30, 2020
Northerners wey be na only Chad Sudan dem dey go to memorize Koran dey show us abuja, this na first district for Vienna Austria ,I go dey show una more pictures later

1 Like

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by ODJ124(m): 3:31pm On Sep 30, 2020
gowonmaharajah:
Don't be surprised bro.Nigerians are known complainers and ingrates.
I swr.
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Yomit71(m): 3:31pm On Sep 30, 2020
Wrecxman:

You totally missed the point the respondent was trying to raise. It wasn't about feeling inferior to Asians or Whites in general but a comparism of development indicies in the last 30 years.

In the 80's, China was generally regarded as a poor country known worldwide for manufacturing substandard and defective products. Today, they are a world power. Same can be said of South Korea, Singapore and the UAE. Imagine if Obasanjo in 1978 had laid down and judiciously pursued a development agenda around Education, Defence, Health, Finance, Job creation, etc and this was continued by successive governments, Nigeria would definitely rank in the top ten countries today in terms of development.

Most people would agree that the problem of Nigeria and indeed Africa is not the want of resources or manpower, but of terrible and visionless leaders consciously or unconsciously backed by a docile populace.
you should blame ojukwu for your misfortune
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by maasoap(m): 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2020
[s]
TinubuGoQuench:

SHUT UP THERE!!!
EKPA!!!

ERIAKO!
ME KA FAWE GAGA
[/s]

Whatever rocks your boat. I've got local dialect to abuse you with but no need coming down to your level.
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Yomit71(m): 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2020
Ykc2:
Northerners wey be na only Chad Sudan dem dey go to memorize Koran dey show us abuja, this na first district for Vienna Austria ,I go dey show una more pictures later
and so what?
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by ODJ124(m): 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2020
CapitalBank:

They have come again with their bullshiiit motivational speeches aimed at celebrating mediocrity just to sound patriotic.

continue seeing our country in bad light.... things will change for better..
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Saig: 3:34pm On Sep 30, 2020
goodmorning40:
Don't mind foolish Nigerians that will posting roads painted with black and white and be hailing it as development

I shame for them
I Hate that black and white by the roadside ehn
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by FarahAideed: 3:34pm On Sep 30, 2020
maasoap:

Firstly, one third of your region population is in Lagos, just ask yourself why.
Secondly, below are two pictures from Lagos and two from Aba. When we claim, it's because we have what you don't. So, stop hating.
As for the tollyboy5, I don't know what your problem is for telling us what we already knew.

I can get pictures of many places in Lagos that look worse than the pictures of Aba you have shown .. Anytime you want to show Lagos you can only show Night time pictures heavily filters with Fish eyes lens and e get why .... Just go to the Landmark road at Oniru and see how shambled that place is .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Yomit71(m): 3:37pm On Sep 30, 2020
FarahAideed:

I can get pictures of many places in Lagos that look worse than the pictures of Aba you have shown .. Anytime you want to show Lagos you can only show Night time pictures heavily filters with Fish eyes lens and e get why .... Just go to the Landmark road at Oniru and see how shambled that place is .
Lagos is still the London of Igbos, they can't but shine teeth here

1 Like

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Tolase1999(m): 3:37pm On Sep 30, 2020
Rugaria:

Bros,
I'm not comparing Lagos and Aba. Pls be guided. I'm telling you as a matter of fact tht Lagos is a huge jungle. Visit shanghai, visit HK, visit Singapore, visit Shenzhen, visit Ningbo, visit Tokyo visit Kuala Lumpur..., Come back and you will say worse things about Lagos... Some of the places you just mentioned are just the equivalent of middle class neighbourhoods in these places. But I know you will choose to argue.... With your skull like tht of oshiomohle..
you too visit myammar, laos, sri lanka, bangladesh,maldives and haiti and some part of india, then come back for discussion, 9ja is bad we all agree but stop vilifying, as if nigeria has no good.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Kayouzka(m): 3:38pm On Sep 30, 2020
sorority11:
This cities that is filled with adverts in every building and you are calling this beauty.
A beautiful city is one that is filled with nature, trees, grasses, even passing the street will make your BP regulate.
This is rubbish to me

You spoke my mind, mankind thinks that everything is all about development, they have forgotten that nature gives the best satisfaction. That same Japan has one of the highest suicide rate in the world. All I could say is that there is joy in simple things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: 7 Countries Nigerians Can Vacation Without Visas / Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like / Coldest States In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.