Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,982 members, 7,835,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Business Idea Or its financial Investment.. What Is Worth More? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Idea Or its financial Investment.. What Is Worth More? (224 Views)

Richest Royal Family Of Saudi Is Worth 4 Times More Than Musk, Gates Combined / $5,000 Tony Elumelu Grant Is Open To You If You Have An Idea Or Business / Learn About Cryptocurrency And Its Financial Opportunities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Idea Or its financial Investment.. What Is Worth More? by CavemanDefuturo: 8:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
Hello guys, i was having a discussion with my team about a tech - business we are trying to build which has an App. We're presently sourcing for funds and investors.
So we approached some interesting big prospects and we realized they actually want a larger share of the business if they're to be funding it of which we reluctantly declined as we are kind of desperate to make it happen as soon as possible.
To my surprise after some months of ending our meeting with them, I was called by one of the decisions makers of the of Organization (so we had), he was sounding really friendly and all convincing, telling me he likes our guts however nobody would want to fund our business proposition without having the lion share as we have no capacity to make any financial contributions yet and should there be any need for more funding during implementation that all the risk would be on them.
He told me the call was confidential as he is just concerned as a brother who likes to associate with struggling entrepreneurs being one himself.
Summarily that call was mainly to encouraged me to take the offer as he said their CEO seem to be interested in the idea and would be willing to invest if we agree on their terms %
I came to Nairaland to hear for your views and to seek your advice. I left out the ridiculous percentage they offered us grin in order not to interfere with your candid views.

So my question is.. Which should worth more in %percentage, the business idea or the financial investment? What ratio of percentage do you think is ideal for both parties?

Please pardon my grammatical blunders cheesy. Merci beaucoup!

Re: Business Idea Or its financial Investment.. What Is Worth More? by KingofHearts(m): 8:15pm On Sep 21, 2020
Non is more important than the other.Without ideas there will be nothing to fund,without funds ideas are very likely to remain as ideas/dreams.It is the primary responsibility of the Entreprenuer to find sources of funding for the idea.Either take the offer or roll your sleeves and start building organically(slow,steady and very hard work)
Kindly note that 1% of something is better than 100% of nothing!!!
My honest opinion.
Re: Business Idea Or its financial Investment.. What Is Worth More? by CavemanDefuturo: 8:20pm On Sep 21, 2020
KingofHearts:

Kindly note that 1% of something is better than 100% of nothing!!!
My honest opinion.

Hmmm shocked... Really, Thank you for the suggestion all the same.
Re: Business Idea Or its financial Investment.. What Is Worth More? by LikeAking: 9:20pm On Sep 21, 2020
In business the man bringing the money is the king.

The idea mean nothing without funding.

Millions of people have beta ideas.

Accept their deal sharply.

You still dey think am?.

Its normal.

Eg.Rec label deal of 90/10 is perfect for any artist.

(1) (Reply)

Use Qualified Gas Engineers To Do Boiler Repair. / Understanding Off-plan Property Investment / 32gig Memory Cards For Sale Cheap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.