Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce (10539 Views)

Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack / Nigerian Traders In Ghana Turn Beggars Over Locked Up Shops – NUTAG / Nigerian Traders' Shops Closed In Ghana As They Cry Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by dre11(m): 8:44am On Sep 22, 2020
.....Accra refuses to open locked shops

Nigeria Union of Traders Association in Ghana (NUTAG) on Monday decried Ghanaian authorities’ refusal to open shops owned by Nigerians, even after several meetings between top officials of both governments.

President of NUTAG, Mr Chukwuemeka Nnaji disclosed this in a telephone interview in Abuja.

According to him, it is unfortunate that Nigerian traders’ shops have remained locked even after visits by Mr Femi Gbajabiamila, Speaker of House of Representatives and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to Ghana.

“The locking of shops belonging to Nigerians by Ghanaian authorities hinders our doing business lawfully.

The Ghanaian government should have as a matter of bilateral relations paid attention to us by being open in its decision to tackle our trade difficulties in the host country.

“I think every plea from the Nigerian government has fallen on deaf ears of the Ghanaian authorities, which is ready to destabilise and destroy our businesses to favour their citizens.

“Our shops are still shut down; most shops shut down since Dec. 2, 2019 were only opened to give tax assessment for the current year by Ghana revenue authorities.

I am aware most of our members complied; all the documents on Ghana Investment Promotion Council (GIPC) presented are original not fake,” he said.

Nnaji said it was not true that Nigerian traders did not have genuine documents for the shops.

“I think the Ghanaian government is working on an agenda aimed at discouraging the influx of Nigerians to Ghana and the growth of Nigerian businesses in their country.

I wish that our government would take this Ghanaian agenda very serious to stop Nigerians from losing all their life earnings in Ghana,” he said.

Nnaji said many Nigerian traders had already returned home with their families following the closure of their shops.

He also said that those who could not relocate to Nigeria before their shops were shut down “are now stuck in Ghana with little or no money to be able to survive.”

Nnaji said that the association had begun the compilation of names of people severely affected by the action of the Ghanaian authorities for evacuation by the Federal Government.

DAILY TIMES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by Bessppectt(f): 8:47am On Sep 22, 2020
May God help us.

3 Likes

Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by nakaman: 9:17am On Sep 22, 2020
they will die of envy.

only nairaland is the whole of ghana

13 Likes

Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by BlackfireX: 9:33am On Sep 22, 2020
After the mere commissioner visit...

grin who takes the supreme leader on toilet matters serious? grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by ggirl4real: 9:51am On Sep 22, 2020
This is really the effect of see finish

You mean Ghana has refused to respect even our VP and Speaker, HOR?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by hammer3: 9:59am On Sep 22, 2020
WE ARE DEALING WITH THE MOST BACKWARD BLACK PEOPLE ON THE PLANET.

PEOPLE THAT LIKE TO CUT THEIR CAKE AND HAVE IT.

I DONT KNOW WAT MONEYIS IN GHANA, BUT I AM SURE WEN NIGERIA CUT GHANA OFF PARTICULARLY, WATEVA ECONOMY THEY HAVE WILL SHRINK.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by hammer3: 10:05am On Sep 22, 2020
IF I WAS NIGERIA PRESIDENT.

THE MEASURES I WILL TAKE IS VERY STRAIGHT FORWARD.

1) I WILL IMMEDIATELY, ORDER AIR PEACE AND THE NIGERIA HIGH COMMISSION TO BEGIN THE EVACUATIONOF NIGERIANS FROM GHANA.

2) I WILL MAKE PROVISION WITH THE GHANA AUTHORITY TO ALLOW OUR PEOPLE ACCESS THEIR SHOP IN OTHER TO REMOVE THEIR GOODS.
WAT EVER RENT BALANCE THEY ARE OWED BE RETURNED TO THEM.

3) I WILL BUILD WORLD CLASS MARKET IN ABUJA, FOR RELOCATION.

4)FOLLOWING SUCESSFUL AND COMPLETE EVACUATION, I WILL RECALL NIGERIA MISSION TO GHANA.

5)I WILL END ALL TRADING RELATIONS WITH GHANA.

6 )I WILL NOT HARM GHANIANS IN NIGERIA OR EXPEL THEIR DIPLOMAT, THAT IS FOR GHANA TO DECIDE WAT THEY WANT TO DO WITH THEIR PEOPLE.

THEN WE CAN ALL HAVE A BREAK AND GET ON WITH LIFE.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by chrisagyei: 10:24am On Sep 22, 2020
hammer3:
IF I WAS NIGERIA PRESIDENT.

THE MEASURES I WILL TAKE IS VERY STRAIGHT FORWARD.

1) I WILL IMMEDIATELY, ORDER AIR PEACE AND THE NIGERIA HIGH COMMISSION TO BEGIN THE EVACUATIONOF NIGERIANS FROM GHANA.

2) I WILL MAKE PROVISION WITH THE GHANA AUTHORITY TO ALLOW OUR PEOPLE ACCESS THEIR SHOP IN OTHER TO REMOVE THEIR GOODS.
WAT EVER RENT BALANCE THEY ARE OWED BE RETURNED TO THEM.

3) I WILL BUILD WORLD CLASS MARKET IN ABUJA, FOR RELOCATION.

4)FOLLOWING SUCESSFUL AND COMPLETE EVACUATION, I WILL RECALL NIGERIA MISSION TO GHANA.

5)I WILL END ALL TRADING RELATIONS WITH GHANA.

6 )I WILL NOT HARM GHANIANS IN NIGERIA OR EXPEL THEIR DIPLOMAT, THAT IS FOR GHANA TO DECIDE WAT THEY WANT TO DO WITH THEIR PEOPLE.

THEN WE CAN ALL HAVE A BREAK AND GET ON WITH LIFE.
hahaha,go and build shops for your 200 million Nigerians in Nigeria first before coming to think of millions of Nigerians who escaped hardship from your country to Ghana and broke the trade laws in Ghana. Abuja which you spent billions of dollars to build is a political mini town and white elephant built for your elites and nothing goes on over there except politicians looting your oil money.

In Ghana we have Kumasi which houses the largest market in West Africa and largest spare parts dealership town in West Africa,Accra which has an economy of 35 billion dollars and Tema which houses the second largest port and harbour in West Africa and the largest industrial city in West Africa.Sekondi-Takoradi which houses the second largest port in Ghana,crude oil city and a very huge commercial twin cities.Ghana has a GDP purchasing power of 206 billion dollars thus retailing is the hottest business in town thus your people can't leave since we started closing your shop in 2007.

You guys don't even know Kumasi is the largest populated city in Ghana and is the commercial hub of Ghana.You think Accra is everything in Ghana,you're mistaken.Ghana is diversified. Fix your poverty capital of the world issue,electricity issue,pipe water in every home issue,corruption issue, security issues before thinking of repatrating your citizens cos they will run back again in no short time.In Ghana, no foreigner is supposed to open a shop that's why we intentionally put 1 million dollars as the criteria because no foreign retailer can afford that buh your people still rush here in their thousands to open shops.Ghana has no issue with Nigeria by the way.Peace.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by hammer3: 10:52am On Sep 22, 2020
[s]
chrisagyei:
hahaha,go and build shops for your 200 million Nigerians in Nigeria first before coming to think of millions of Nigerians who escaped hardship from your country to Ghana and broke the trade laws in Ghana. Abuja which you spent billions of dollars to build is a political mini town and white elephant built for your elites and nothing goes on over there except politicians looting your oil money.

In Ghana we have Kumasi which houses the largest market in West Africa and largest spare parts dealership town in West Africa,Accra which has an economy of 35 billion dollars and Tema which houses the second largest port and harbour in West Africa and the largest industrial city in West Africa.Sekondi-Takoradi which houses the second largest port in Ghana,crude oil city and a very huge commercial twin cities.Ghana has a GDP purchasing power of 206 billion dollars thus retailing is the hottest business in town thus your people can't leave since we started closing your shop in 2007.

You guys don't even know Kumasi is the largest populated city in Ghana and is the commercial hub of Ghana.You think Accra is everything in Ghana,you're mistaken.Ghana is diversified. Fix your poverty capital of the world issue,electricity issue,pipe water in every home issue,corruption issue, security issues before thinking of repatrating your citizens cos they will run back again in no short time.In Ghana, no foreigner is supposed to open a shop that's why we intentionally put 1 million dollars as the criteria because no foreign retailer can afford that buh your people still rush here in their thousands to open shops.Ghana has no issue with Nigeria by the way.Peace.
[/s]

I KNOW U ARE ENJOYING THE ATTENTION THAT YOU ARE GETTING FROM NIGERIA, BUT SOME OF US FIND U IRRITATING.

I AM GLAD, YOU KNOW NIGERIA HAS A POPULATION OF OVER 300MILLION PEOPLE.

OF THAT OVER 300MILLION, JUST OVER 1 MILLION ARE IN GHANA, AND U ARE DISTURBING US.

GHANA HAS SIGHTLY OVER 30MILLION PEOPLE AND OF THAT WE HAVE OVER A 1MILLION GHANIANS HERE IN NIGERIA AND YET WE ARE ALL JUST GETTING ON FINE WITH LIFE.

NIGERIA IS JUST MORE CIVILISED, DECENT AND ADVANCE THAN GHANA IN ALL RAMIFICATION OF LIFE.

SHAME ON GHANE!

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by slivertongue: 11:28am On Sep 22, 2020
Ghananians wants Nigerians to leave their country!

1 Like

Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by Olamotad: 12:01pm On Sep 22, 2020
so if Ghana has all this that u pointed out. what are Ghanians doing in Nigeria? then Kumasi alone will make more than 15% of Ghana internal Revenue. A lesson for nija politicians. This is Ghana we gave power for years without paying and fashola came insisted they have to pay. before they paid. being nice takes u no where. what bring respect is success.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by Nelly4you: 2:14pm On Sep 22, 2020
let naija traders come back to their country jare
Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by jericco1(m): 2:14pm On Sep 22, 2020
Nigerian government never get time for Nigerians in Nigeria, na Nigerians in Ghana dey wan get time for, if truly things are hard over there for them, let them come back to their country or ply their trade elsewhere. angry

1 Like

Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by Roon9(m): 2:14pm On Sep 22, 2020
If not for condition what would a Nigerian be looking for in Ghana? undecided

call for our 444Wh lithium-ion solar generator that could power your TV, laptop, standing fan and up to 4 lighting points for up to 13 hours daily
Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by Jaqenhghar: 2:15pm On Sep 22, 2020
LOL. Upon all the chest beating. They won't open those shops and there's not a dang thing anyone can do about it. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by shamhuna: 2:15pm On Sep 22, 2020
wen did Ghana become small London wey Nigerians won kill demsef for dere
Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by Tab4kids(f): 2:15pm On Sep 22, 2020
cool
Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by Cryptofxt10: 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2020
now tell me why APC no go lose Edo state , even Ondo state self. When they have dragged the whole country even those abroad into mess...

4 Likes

Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2020
You can't hold my blockos and expect me not to shout, not possible.
The locked border is really paining them cos it one way or the other affected their economy.
We are holding their blockos and still, we don't want them to shout, ko possible...

Still your favorite fabricator guy
For your A-Z feasibility report on skid gas plant installation, procurement and maintenance, Holla at us.
And for your fabrication jobs, we are just a call away..

2 Likes

Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by Philipponzaghi: 2:17pm On Sep 22, 2020
We Nigerians and our overbearing attitudes.

When the government of Nigeria closed our border, we are all happy and telling the other countries to go to hell.

Ghana have their own laws and they can choose to enforce it the way they like, in as much as it’s not a law meant to kill Nigeria living there I think we should respect their laws.

Enough of all this back and forth where we claim right where we don’t deserve one. A sane country will also enforce laws in their home that will affect Ghana and we can use that to negotiate terms with them.

If we don’t have a leverage enough to bring Ghana to their knees right from our country then we should just let them be and stop this rubbish.

When Dubai stop visa renewal for Nigeria, the Nigerian government banned Emirate and that brought Dubai to the negotiation table. That is how to use power. We don’t need to start shouting Dubai is bad and telling them how to make laws in their country.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by ERockson: 2:18pm On Sep 22, 2020
They should come home now or must they die in the foreign land
Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 22, 2020
[s]
chrisagyei:

[/s]

Only Lagos state can buy Ghana. Ignorant gaynian. Your economy is driven by alomo bitters export no wonder your people cried when we closed borders. Thank Nigerians for pumping tuition fees into your wretched economy. How many Ghanaians will even smell $5000 in their lifetime? $1m is too small, you people should demand $1 billion for shops.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by optimus106(m): 2:19pm On Sep 22, 2020
Wahala
Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by tot(f): 2:21pm On Sep 22, 2020
Dickeyrider:
[s][/s]

Only Lagos state can buy Ghana. Ignorant gaynian. Your economy is driven by alomo bitters export no wonder your people cried when we closed borders. Thank Nigerians for pumping tuition fees into your wretched economy.

Alomo bitters grin Wicked

Seun,
There's been a lot of Bad gateway cloudflare errors lately.

11 Likes

Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by richeeyo(m): 2:23pm On Sep 22, 2020
nakaman:
they will die of envy
You a fool
You go meet person for em country
Why not stay in urs

1 Like

Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by CyberEBOLA(m): 2:23pm On Sep 22, 2020
Stupidity is when you abandon a country with 200MILLION people and go trade in a country with 30Million people where you are not welcome.
Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by freshkpomo(m): 2:23pm On Sep 22, 2020
Verdict: #NigeriaMustGo , that's what every country all over the world are saying, no one wants a liability.

#NYM
Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by Jasseyfrd(m): 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2020
chrisagyei:

even Ghana ...what a Zap

4 Likes

Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by akosy(m): 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2020
Who remembered that slogan "Ghana must go". During Buhari's military regime...
Na return match them they play us back so...

1 Like

Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by ugodson(m): 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2020
I don't know why I was born in dis country,Our leaders dnt have mouth outside.
Ordinary Ghana is treating us like dis and d people we voted there cannot do anything. Imagine so called Giant of Africa and common Ghana is doing this and u are doing nothing,
Shar Shar Shar SHAME

1 Like

Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by timtunday: 2:26pm On Sep 22, 2020
May God save this country from the Effects and damages corruption has caused us. Ghana now giving us back to back.

Get script to build any website. Logistics, Real Estate, Financial Services etc. WhatsApp 08167446814
Re: More Hardships For Nigerian Traders In Ghana Despite Truce by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 22, 2020
Make una come back we die here.
By the way what is a nigerian doing in ghana of all places , that hide there bad side from the media. Ghana to me is a surviving wretched country abadoned on the west side of africa, very usless and stupid country with mayopic illiterates .usless african slumpy mud called ghana were ghanimals live.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues / Airtel CUG / Naira Falls To ₦‎1,200/$ In Parallel Market, Gains 11% In NAFEM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.