Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive (9973 Views)

David Moyes Shows Support For Kurt Zouma / Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 / Solskjaer's Win Rate At Man Utd Is Worse Than Mourinho And Moyes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by References: 9:05pm On Sep 22, 2020
West Ham United manager David Moyes and two of the club's players have tested positive for coronavirus.

The Premier League club were informed of the positive tests while preparing for Tuesday's Carabao Cup tie against Hull City at London Stadium.

Moyes, 57, defender Issa Diop, 23, and 24-year-old midfielder Josh Cullen will now be required to self-isolate.

"The manager and both players immediately left the stadium and have returned home," said a club statement.

West Ham said the three men were all asymptomatic and assistant manager Alan Irvine took charge of the Hull match, which both Diop and Cullen were due to start.

Public Health England guidelines state those with Covid-19 should self-isolate for at least 10 days, meaning Moyes, Diop and Cullen will not be able to attend training or the league game against Wolverhampton Wanderers on 27 September.

BBC Radio 5 Live's John Southall said the trio travelled to the ground with the squad in two or three separate coaches.

"They say they all social distanced, the squad, from when they met up and throughout the journey," he said.

"As soon as they arrived, the results from the tests done yesterday came through and the two players and the manager were isolated immediately in separate rooms and left the ground very quickly, I'm told.

"West Ham say they are satisfied nobody else in the squad needs to self-isolate and that is why the game went ahead."

The news comes after Leyton Orient v Tottenham Hotspur in the EFL Cup third round on Tuesday was called off because a number of the home players had contracted coronavirus.

It came on the day the government announced a raft of new coronavirus restrictions for England which could last for up to six months.

As part of the stricter rules, Prime Minister Boris Johnson has confirmed plans for fans to return to watch live sport events in England from 1 October will not go ahead.

Sports bodies have been told not to expect spectators at stadiums and venues until the end of March at the earliest.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/54258226?__twitter_impression=true

Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by Righteousness89(m): 9:08pm On Sep 22, 2020
Covid-19 is Really Toiling with the Whole of The UK.

They are going under a Partial lockdown From Friday..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by puremaker7(m): 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2020
EPL, go soon stop again....
This Coro is dealing with them over there, but here in Nigeria Coro is a scam.

24 Likes

Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by ipica: 9:20pm On Sep 22, 2020
Since David Moyes leave man u, na one bad news see follow another. Not all that glitters is gold

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by paulolee(m): 11:13pm On Sep 22, 2020
that's a big blow to this week EFL cup matches and EPL matches...i jus pray another shutdown of matches do not happen again because the EPL is adding fun to our weekends
pls i want to ask....is this the same covid thats also in Nigeria or ours na scam??
if its the same, that means they is really an inner strength in our dark skin or lets jus say their own covid isnt here Yet...

3 Likes

Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by obasi101(m): 12:00am On Sep 23, 2020
UK battling COVID 19 or COVID 19 battling dem.. whichever way.. make premier league no even stop. Cux dats d only reason I look forward to weekends. Football (premier league) is almost every guys weekend life saver from boredom. grin

35 Likes

Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by Marvel1206: 12:00am On Sep 23, 2020
After they faced Arsenal. Shouldn't Arsenal be worried too

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by MrTAnonymous(m): 12:01am On Sep 23, 2020
Eeyah
Quick recovery!

Incase you don't know na me talk

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by 69Ansour69: 12:03am On Sep 23, 2020
Mehhn!
Kai wallahi!!
I hope this ain't gon' be a huge blow for the progress of this season, Mahn!
Got nothin' much to yarn btw...
Abeg hope sey them go soon play Man Utd sha...
Make we take tha' sweet advantage knack them akpako
Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by godofbetnaija: 12:03am On Sep 23, 2020
SEVEN- odd; KICKOFF @ 1:30am
-----
#SEVEN-ODD#
South America (CONMEBOL) - Copa Libertadores
2020-09-23 01:30

LDU QUITO vs SAO PAULO

TIP:

OVER 2.5 GOALS
---------
Colombia - Apertura
2020-09-23 01:40

CUCUTA vs DEPORTIVO CALI

TIP:

DEPORTIVO CALI TO SCORE BOTH HALVES: YES
-----------
#BET9JA-BOOKING NUMBER:
Z7Q5S8Z

MY
whats-app ;

08 1 22 72 18 11

PS

Least winner;

Bet9ja id;
BET ID: B98TAPCSWQTQW-3078463

WON

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by FREEMADNESS: 12:04am On Sep 23, 2020
I just pray they don't suspend EPL again because I want more teams to deal with Manchester United 4 me so that Ole can be sacked, accompaned with Harry Maguire.

9 Likes

Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by Mathberyl: 12:08am On Sep 23, 2020
Spread recovery

Meanwhile I am a Graphics designer and I design quite alot of things... check my signature for more info

Thanks wink
Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by shankara7: 12:08am On Sep 23, 2020
The version of Covid in Europe is obviously different from the one in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by Boldheart90: 12:14am On Sep 23, 2020
Oh my Arsenal players should get tested o, we just played them at the weekend, meanwhile my country go come carry am for head start to increase daily data and probably start another phase of lockdown...yak ndi.���

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by JosephXavier: 12:15am On Sep 23, 2020
R
Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 23, 2020
shocked nawao
Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by NwaNimo1(m): 12:19am On Sep 23, 2020
Season needs abandoning already.............
Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by Calabar1stSon: 12:20am On Sep 23, 2020
Convik ONE-NINE birus sef. Make them kukuma no think of stopping EPL abeg, make them manage am like how we dey manage malaria for Naija

Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by alabi484(m): 12:27am On Sep 23, 2020
Covid-19 is real.. Please be vigilant and take basic precautions

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by FLYFIRE(m): 12:28am On Sep 23, 2020
These are the plans...coordinate a second global hype & issue a mandatory vaccination BY WHO & make it look unsafe to vote in person in America to enable them RIG through mail-in & remove Pres. Trump BUT IT WILL FAIL & THEY WILL RECEIVE THE BIGGEST DEFEAT IN HISTORY. It's a spiritual warfare

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by Judolisco(m): 12:28am On Sep 23, 2020
They should stop football... And stop endangering lives of players... Can u imagine diop played football 2 days ago o
Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by FullBlastLight: 12:29am On Sep 23, 2020
puremaker7:
EPL, go soon stop again....
This Coro is dealing with them over there, but here in Nigeria Coro is a scam.

I'm absolutely in concordance wit ur last line!
Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by FullBlastLight: 12:32am On Sep 23, 2020
FREEMADNESS:
I just pray they don't suspend EPL again because I want more teams to deal with Manchester United 4 me so that Ole can be sacked, accompaned with Harry Maguire.

Enemy of progress dem!

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by Hambivert: 12:39am On Sep 23, 2020
sparogatively... All I can say is, make dem no come go sparogate our Premier League for us o

na wetin guys dey use forget the troubles of this country for weekends and atimes week days
Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by Tunasco4u(m): 12:41am On Sep 23, 2020
Ok
Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by RaptObserver: 12:43am On Sep 23, 2020
Arsenal FC need to test their players
Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by Eryyy92: 12:56am On Sep 23, 2020
Danmm niggar. Issoright
Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by whela(m): 1:03am On Sep 23, 2020
E don happen.
It's actually inevitable.
Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by mattmogan88: 1:13am On Sep 23, 2020
SHAKING MY HEAD
Re: Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive by HubMTC: 1:14am On Sep 23, 2020
cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

CAF Champions League: Plateau United Smash Three Past Eding Sport / Oshoala, Oparanozie, Ordega Arrive Super Falcons Camp As CAF Profiles Nigeria / Croatia Vs Belgium: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (0 - 0) On 1st December 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.