Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,609 members, 7,820,166 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Dstv, Ait, Nta And Hitv Who Airs Premeirship In Nigeria? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dstv, Ait, Nta And Hitv Who Airs Premeirship In Nigeria? (4430 Views)

NTA And AIT Now Praising GMB!!! / TV station(s) That Airs The Most Educative Programmes? / Hitv & Premeirship Come August And Beyond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dstv, Ait, Nta And Hitv Who Airs Premeirship In Nigeria? by blues: 1:31pm On Jun 22, 2007
I would like to confirm to entire Nairalander that the following companies, DSTV, AIT, NTA and HITV have been given right to air the controversial premiership. The question is who rules among them? BON and OSMI have bought the right to air 1 match a week therfore the host of AIT and NTA can show 1 match a wk. DSTV has grade B right which permit  them to show 2 out of 10 matches a week . The king of the jungle in this regards is HITV. This new pay tv has right to air 8 matches in a wk. BON and OSMI -NTA, AIT are permitted to air 1 match on every monday while DSTV shows theirs on saturday sunday. HITV shows for both weekdays and weekends.
Re: Dstv, Ait, Nta And Hitv Who Airs Premeirship In Nigeria? by Vickivicki(m): 11:09am On Jul 21, 2007
@ blues
What is the authenticity of this piece,i'll like to know please?
Re: Dstv, Ait, Nta And Hitv Who Airs Premeirship In Nigeria? by AGES(m): 4:27pm On Jul 25, 2007
The entire Nairalanders should also note that HITV is going to be accessible nationwide from August as they launch their DTH transmission in a coulpe of weeks. Dealers, Agencies, Banks and the entire business sector is looking forward to do business with the football Broadcasting Giant. Nigerians sure have a way of identifying with SUCCESS!
Re: Dstv, Ait, Nta And Hitv Who Airs Premeirship In Nigeria? by ludamike: 1:50pm On Aug 13, 2007
hello people i am from nigeria, i guess if hitv is not ready let them dont disturb people job and fun for football. why would they say they have right and would not show arsenal vs fullham yesterday, i dont think i can subscribe to such cable is Bleep up they started in august and the started messing up that same august. people be wise not that is not good that they have the right but we pay for this stuff if we dont have good quality thats not good enough, there so many people who feed and pay there fees through it. nigeria be wise, is just like the case of econet to vmobile and to celtel too, celtel users now know what am talking about.
Re: Dstv, Ait, Nta And Hitv Who Airs Premeirship In Nigeria? by AGES(m): 2:24pm On Aug 13, 2007
People,
Despite the fact that HITV had technical issues with the Arsenal match (which can happen to even CNN anyway), I still believe in them. We do not progress in this country because we criticise and castigate ourselves too much. First it as the disbelief that they had the matches in the first place, now it is the fact that they were not able to show a match.

Let us be supportive for once and be grateful that they kept their promises by bringing these matches to our domains without denting our pockets! don't forget the fact that this firm is young, barely a year old in this business, yet tackled a 13yr old business till they got successful, where is our gratitude?

Why being so selfish? As i gathered, they are spending their last in making sure that they are available all over the country without asking for extra in terms of subscription, what help have we on our path as an individuals offered to this nation? Asides subscribing to an existing network (Celtel, HITV etc). Let us give them all a chance to grow okay?

I ain't mad at you Ludamike, just want you to know that you are not the only Arsenal fan who missed the match and felt bad about it, HITV had better watch it o! this must not happen again!

Cheers!
Re: Dstv, Ait, Nta And Hitv Who Airs Premeirship In Nigeria? by duksyjay: 2:59pm On Aug 13, 2007
On the issue of who airs the premeirship on 9ja,i still tink super sport is stil the best despite its not a nigerianbcos if we were to weigh the options DSTV is stil d best,cos Hitv is just givin sports but on the other hand ow much did they pay that super sport cant afford??PLs DSTV go get ur rights back cos it realy fustrating not been able to see my classy GUNNERS first game in the premiership.
Re: Dstv, Ait, Nta And Hitv Who Airs Premeirship In Nigeria? by kevin96(m): 3:53pm On Aug 13, 2007
it was really frustrating for hitv for not been able to show us arsenal,s matches on sunday.
but i belive they will bounce back.

pls does anyone knows their subcription rate?(hitv)

pls help out
Re: Dstv, Ait, Nta And Hitv Who Airs Premeirship In Nigeria? by osiprince: 4:49pm On Aug 13, 2007
Sometimes its better to make informend comments so that we dont mislead people.
My wife had told me not to subscribe to Hitv that i shud continue with our Dstv, but my love for La liga would not allow me hear her advice. But I must say that for the past one Month that i have subscribe to Hitv, its been one of my worst decisions in life.
Signals are so poor that u only can only watch CNN. and for all their Hi, , they dont start transmission till bout 1pm and also u are sure to watch a particular film(local or foreign) for a month.
My submission is that HiTv is an embarrasement.
Re: Dstv, Ait, Nta And Hitv Who Airs Premeirship In Nigeria? by darkkcloud(m): 5:07pm On Aug 13, 2007
it doésn't matter as long as they will show us the league matches.(live)
Re: Dstv, Ait, Nta And Hitv Who Airs Premeirship In Nigeria? by AGES(m): 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2007
osiprince:

Sometimes its better to make informend comments so that we don't mislead people.
My wife had told me not to subscribe to Hitv that i should continue with our Dstv, but my love for La liga would not allow me hear her advice. But I must say that for the past one Month that i have subscribe to Hitv, its been one of my worst decisions in life.
Signals are so poor that u only can only watch CNN. and for all their Hi, , they don't start transmission till bout 1pm and also u are sure to watch a particular film(local or foreign) for a month.
My submission is that HiTv is an embarrasement.

Nairalanders,
Trust me to speak when we Nigerians talk without proper cogitation (no disrespect intended). This goes to the man who stays at home watching cable TV, You can not blame HITV for a 'technical misrepresentation' by their dealer's installer who did you a shabby job. Of course with the level of information out there, you could have asked people who use the network if that is what they are experiencing too (that shouldn't be hard).

I know quite a lot of people who subscribed and even use the service for business, could they have been faced with the same problem and still be calm?

We like slavery a lot in Africa (just like the Isrealites who never wish to leave Egypt for the Promised Land).
If you don't know the value of your HITV equipment and smart card as at today, kindly supply me your contact to pick it up at any price, I have buyers who would pay any amount to hold it.
Guess what people,, I learnt they sold out their equipment stocks and each time they re-stock, the populace buy them out of stock over again.

They are the pride of Nigerians as of today sir (as against your embarrasing account), do listen to the virtuous woman of yours as she speaks the Gospel (good News). Kindly take up the Agent who sold you the device and track down the installer who sold you this very negative impression about the Moses of our time in the Broadcast Industry.

Get your financial freedom now, and invest the change in stocks!
My candid advice, man to man,

HITV forever jooooo! cool

Re: Dstv, Ait, Nta And Hitv Who Airs Premeirship In Nigeria? by DisGuy: 7:26pm On Aug 13, 2007
We do not progress in this country because we criticise and castigate ourselves too much.

we do not progress in this country because we fail to accept criticism, offer apologies and improve

don't forget the fact that this firm is young, barely a year old in this business, yet tackled a 13yr old business till they got successful, where is our gratitude?

successful already?? perhaps that is one of their problems they are celebrating already!
Re: Dstv, Ait, Nta And Hitv Who Airs Premeirship In Nigeria? by AGES(m): 7:51pm On Aug 13, 2007
Dis Guy:

we do not progress in this country because we fail to accept criticism, offer apologies and improve

successful already?? perhaps that is one of their problems they are celebrating already!

I'm sure they must have done that (apologised), unlike some of us who sits back and pick on what people do or say, shouldn't we be advised on doing something for our nation rather than sit back and analyse others in a bias manner?
Well it coud be a really good job if you are picking on something in the spirit of progress and not retrogression.

I'm sure the mgt of HITV would see this and make ammends. I have been here too once and certainly not embittered or doubtful, neither did I envision any failure on the path of the firm bringing about any change whatsoever.

If they are really celebrating as 'visualised by this fellow' kindly note that you are most vulnerable after a successful voyage and also remember that success is never a destination, it is a continuous journey.

Getting to the top is far easier compared to staying at the top, heed me and dissapoint your enemies o,

HITV forever STILL!

cool
Re: Dstv, Ait, Nta And Hitv Who Airs Premeirship In Nigeria? by edniroya01(m): 8:01pm On Aug 13, 2007
Nairalanders,
l will like us to pls give HITV a chance beside they are a new company and it is proudly nigeria so let us allow them to grow.Multichoice has being in this business for about 10 yrs now if not more and remember rome wasn't built in a day so let's alloow HItV to grow.Thks. smiley
Re: Dstv, Ait, Nta And Hitv Who Airs Premeirship In Nigeria? by AGES(m): 8:14pm On Aug 13, 2007
May the true spirit of reconciliation and peace rest upon your thoughtful soul as you have simply read my mind.

Just let us sit back and watch the growth and even water the plant (Vision) as a contribution in terms of investing our patience and support and see if it would not pay off,

We will eventually see that we will purge their growth.
By that i did not mean we shouldn't complain. But let us simply be constructive and objective about it and not sacastic, vituperative, libelous or unneccessarily personal.

We will surely see where our seeds lead us in a short while. Just be mindful of what you sow as you will reap bountifully in time of harvest!

Truly nairalandous! cool
Re: Dstv, Ait, Nta And Hitv Who Airs Premeirship In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 14, 2007
please i do appreciate the fact that HITV have the priviledge of showing 80% of the premiership to african veiwers. My question is this, did they not consider the enthusiasm of we Nigerians when it comes to Premiership. By the word Nigerians, i mean everyu states in this Country and not only Lagos. Those of us leaving in Abuja and Northern Nigeria were not considered for the start of premiership. HITV dont have an office in Abuja, let alone in Kaduna. Are we going to wait till the premiership is over before we can watch our team play. In any case, is better they sit up before Nigerians completely loses interest which will inturn affect them in getting their Money back. I believe they are not out for charity but for Business.

Can anyone inform them of this or possibly place their website so that we can contact them. Thanks
Re: Dstv, Ait, Nta And Hitv Who Airs Premeirship In Nigeria? by AGES(m): 4:21pm On Aug 14, 2007
They really need to speed up on their networking so as to cover more grounds in terms of outlets in all parts of Nigeria. I gathered from reliable sources that they will be in Abuja, Port harcourt, kaduna, kwara, Kano and some other states before the week runs out.

I just pray they do this on time.
Their website is www.hitv.com.ng and you can mail them on : info@hitv.com.ng
Re: Dstv, Ait, Nta And Hitv Who Airs Premeirship In Nigeria? by blues: 11:04am On Aug 15, 2007
Hi Niralander!!!

It's quite unfortunate that the so call indigenious pay tv could not show Arsenal match on Sunday. I believe strongly that it was not a deliberate action.  A company that has invested over N10bn into the country's economy  wouldn't have diappointed the subcribers deliberately.
Gunners relax!!!

One fact i know "Rome is not built in a day"

To really develop the country we all have sacrifices to offer. Gunners and the entire disappointed hitv subcribers should let us bear with the company as part of our sacrifices to develop the cable tv network in OUR DEAR COUNTRY.

"Freedom can never be attain on the throne".
Lets encourage them.

HITV!!! please improve your level of service.

We are proud of you.

Blues

Proudly NIgeria

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Dstv, Ait, Nta And Hitv Who Airs Premeirship In Nigeria? by DisGuy: 12:38am On Aug 16, 2007
oh puhleaseeeeeee! so we should continue paying till they sort themselves out? why don't they return the money anytime they fail.
when you invest 10b you should make sure everything is in order before the kick off
this is business not some nation building exercise.
Re: Dstv, Ait, Nta And Hitv Who Airs Premeirship In Nigeria? by osiprince: 7:37pm On Sep 03, 2007
Trust me to speak when we Nigerians talk without proper cogitation (no disrespect intended). This goes to the man who stays at home watching cable TV, You can not blame HITV for a 'technical misrepresentation' by their dealer's installer who did you a shabby job. Of course with the level of information out there, you could have asked people who use the network if that is what they are experiencing too (that shouldn't be hard).

I know quite a lot of people who subscribed and even use the service for business, could they have been faced with the same problem and still be calm?

We like slavery a lot in Africa (just like the Isrealites who never wish to leave Egypt for the Promised Land).
If you don't know the value of your HITV equipment and smart card as at today, kindly supply me your contact to pick it up at any price, I have buyers who would pay any amount to hold it.
Guess what people,, I learnt they sold out their equipment stocks and each time they re-stock, the populace buy them out of stock over again.

They are the pride of Nigerians as of today sir (as against your embarrasing account), do listen to the virtuous woman of yours as she speaks the Gospel (good News). Kindly take up the Agent who sold you the device and track down the installer who sold you this very negative impression about the Moses of our time in the Broadcast Industry.

Get your financial freedom now, and invest the change in stocks!
My candid advice, man to man,

HITV forever jooooo!

I'm sure they must have done that (apologised), unlike some of us who sits back and pick on what people do or say, shouldn't we be advised on doing something for our nation rather than sit back and analyse others in a bias manner?
Well it coud be a really good job if you are picking on something in the spirit of progress and not retrogression.

I'm sure the mgt of HITV would see this and make ammends. I have been here too once and certainly not embittered or doubtful, neither did I envision any failure on the path of the firm bringing about any change whatsoever.

If they are really celebrating as 'visualised by this fellow' kindly note that you are most vulnerable after a successful voyage and also remember that success is never a destination, it is a continuous journey.

Getting to the top is far easier compared to staying at the top, heed me and dissapoint your enemies o,

HITV forever STILL!

May the true spirit of reconciliation and peace rest upon your thoughtful soul as you have simply read my mind.

Just let us sit back and watch the growth and even water the plant (Vision) as a contribution in terms of investing our patience and support and see if it would not pay off,

We will eventually see that we will purge their growth.
By that i did not mean we shouldn't complain. But let us simply be constructive and objective about it and not sacastic, vituperative, libelous or unneccessarily personal.

We will surely see where our seeds lead us in a short while. Just be mindful of what you sow as you will reap bountifully in time of harvest!

Truly nairalandous!

I am sure this guy works with HiTv
Re: Dstv, Ait, Nta And Hitv Who Airs Premeirship In Nigeria? by AGES(m): 9:59pm On Sep 04, 2007
I'm sure your mind is playing tricks on you!!!!
If you get me placement there I won't mind anyways cool
Re: Dstv, Ait, Nta And Hitv Who Airs Premeirship In Nigeria? by orobo50cl(m): 1:07am On Sep 16, 2007
Rubbish. HITV invested 10 billion and they are not getting their acts right. Owning 80% of the rights to show premiership and they are still messing up. Isn't that what they call fraud and somebody here is preaching patrotism and local content. Absolute nonsense. Whether local or foreign, get your acts together. The moment you start collecting money from people claiming you can deliever, all of a sudden no body gives a flying F****k whether it's local or foreign.

If your not yet ready to do business and get your acts right, why roll out and defraud people with empty promises. Nobody asked you to challenge DSTV if you can't match up or do better. Na by force to become local champion. Your all fraudsters and you should be sorry for decieving people erroneously.

HITV ko HIV ni lipsrsealed

Incase you think i don't know, all your bragging rights about hitv owns 80% of all the premiership rights is not totally true. Sky sports won the bid to broadcast 80% of the premiership games for 3 years and setanta bought the remaining 20%. Whether Sky or Setanta sold you a sub licence to show it in Nigeria is another matter entirely and who ever sold the sub licence to HITV is surely licking it's wounds for being such a disgrace.

Let me not go into the lame old arsed movies that are turning into a broken c.d re-runs. I just hope my subscription ends and i go back to DSTV. lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Hustle Vs Leverage / The Gods Are Still Not To Blame: Movie Trailer / Your James Bond: Daniel Craig Vs Pierce Brosnan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.