Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,408 members, 7,954,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:02 AM

Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat (2067 Views)

5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield / Special Prayer For Manchester United At Wembley Today / Chelsea Vs Man United - Community Shield! A Case Of Deja Vu @ Wembley? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by 1025: 4:09pm On Feb 28, 2011
LONDON (AP) — Arsenal posted a loss on Monday in the six months to the end of November, largely on the back of reduced revenues from player transfers and lower property sales on the site of its former ground.

A 2.5 million pound ($4 million) loss contrasts with a 29.2 million pound profit that the Premier League club recorded in the corresponding period in 2009. Revenue also dropped from 196.8 million pounds to 120 million pounds.

While Arsenal made 33.9 million pounds from player sales in the 2009 offseason, primarily from the transfer of Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Adebayor to Manchester City, it only garnered an equivalent 4 million pounds in 2010.

Advertisement

The results were announced a day after Arsenal lost to Birmingham in the League Cup final at Wembley Stadium to leave the club still chasing its first trophy since 2005. But the Gunners are still in the Champions League and the FA Cup, while sitting second in the Premier League they haven't won since 2004.

"Rather than seeing players leave, we have actually invested in the squad, so you expect to see a little bit of a change in the numbers. But we're still very healthy and robust looking forward," Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis said on the club website. "We've got a very young team, the average age against Barcelona (earlier this month) was just 23 years old. "

Gazidis said the club is focusing on making sure it keeps key talents and signing them to long-term contracts.

A closer look at the figures shows that a slowdown in property sales on the site of Arsenal's former stadium in north London contributed to the loss.

A further 50 apartments at the Highbury Square development were sold in the six months to Nov. 30, generating 22.5 million pounds. In the same period in 2009, the sale of 261 apartments brought in 96.6 million pounds.

But with just 35 apartments yet to be sold, Arsenal is focusing on strengthening its commercial operations as it tries to emulate rival Manchester United, which has capitalized on its global brand to bring more cash into the club.

United, which is four points ahead of Arsenal in the Premier League, generated commercial revenues of 50.4 million pounds in the six months to Sept. 30. In contrast, Arsenal reported revenues of only 15.7 million in the six months to Nov. 30.

"Commercial is going to be a big focus for us, particularly globally," Gazidis said.

Arsenal's two largest shareholders are Stan Kroenke of the United States and Alisher Usmanov of Russia.

Kroenke, who owns the Denver Nuggets and Colorado Avalanche, has a 29.9 percent stake, while Usmanov owns 26 percent through his investment vehicle Red and White Holdings.

if other clubs refuse to buy players from arsenal just for one full season, it will be easy for all of us to know that the club is not making any real money apart from the sales.
unlike the other big clubs where u see clubs making money through endorsements and sales of machandise.
big players like drogba, torres, rooney, terry, messi, ronaldo, kaka etc raise funds for the clubs through jersey sales but in arsenal, who will buy ebue, walcott, abu, and all those french names?
what if clubs refuse to buy players from arsenal just for two seasons?
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by duduspace(m): 4:29pm On Feb 28, 2011
1025:

if other clubs refuse to buy players from arsenal just for one full season, it will be easy for all of us to know that the club is not making any real money apart from the sales.
unlike the other big clubs where u see clubs making money through endorsements and sales of machandise.
big players like drogba, torres, rooney, terry, messi, ronaldo, kaka etc raise funds for the clubs through jersey sales but in arsenal, who will buy ebue, walcott, abu, and all those french names?

Stop yarning opata my guy, sales or not we are self sustaining and made a loss of 2.5m where others are making 70m loss and depending on sugar daddies or massive debts, what exactly are you talking about? Did Chelsea tell you they got the money to buy Torres from any shirt sales or from Abramovic's largesse?
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by 1025: 5:19pm On Feb 28, 2011
Stop yarning opata my guy, sales or not we are self sustaining and made a loss of 2.5m where others are making 70m loss and depending on sugar daddies or massive debts, what exactly are you talking about? Did Chelsea tell you they got the money to buy Torres from any shirt sales or from Abramovic's largesse?

uncle,
from ur large profits to a small loss, are u improving or going down? what if barca had bought fabregas, una for dey post 100 million profit.
your club makes the profit from the sales of players but look at the other clubs, they make their funds mostly not from sales. can arsenal bear the salary weights of players in eighter chelsea, man city or man u? the rich club will sink if it pays the salaries of any of these clubs.
just january transfer window that ur club did not sale, they are incuring lost then think of what will happen if ur club did not sale for like two seasons.
is not important if u get angry or not but i will be happy if u understanbd my points.
ebue, sagna, wilsher, walcot and their likes are not brand names when it comes to jersey sales.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by dayokanu(m): 6:20pm On Feb 28, 2011
duduspace:

bros no dey pour your frustration on the guy head. His name is Chidichris and not Kolscieny or WenGAY.

Or did you see a player with Chidi on his back scoring against Ass-anal?

TROPHYLESS People.

Shame nor dey catch una ni?

The last time una win trophy na "Apoche" people dey wear go club.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by duduspace(m): 6:40pm On Feb 28, 2011
1025:

uncle,
from your large profits to a small loss, are u improving or going down? what if barca had bought fabregas, una for dey post 100 million profit.
your club makes the profit from the sales of players but look at the other clubs, they make their funds mostly not from sales. can arsenal bear the salary weights of players in eighter chelsea, man city or man u? the rich club will sink if it pays the salaries of any of these clubs.
just january transfer window that your club did not sale, they are incuring lost then think of what will happen if your club did not sale for like two seasons.
is not important if u get angry or not but i will be happy if u understanbd my points.
ebue, sagna, wilsher, walcot and their likes are not brand names when it comes to jersey sales.

Yu are still not making a valid point, which of these your clubs is posting profits? name just one. which one of them is paying for a new stadium? do you think Tottenham don't know what they are doing trying to uproot and move just so they don't incur the cost of building a new stadium?

It is our decision to sell Fabregas or not. And the fact that we didn't sell this season does not mean that we cannot sell if we so desire or that we won't make profit if we don't sell, these are just half year results and don't mean the club won't make a profit in the full year results for your information.

Eboue, Sagna and Wilshere might not be brand names but they can become brand names if they deliver trophies, it depends on what they do on the pitch. The fact that those clubs who have these brand names you are so proud of are making worse lossess than we do year on year should be enough to convince any person of financial nous that those models are not financially viable.

The reason why we are not making much money commercially are well documented if you will take the time to get more information, main thing is that we are locked into contracts which gave money to pay for the stadium upfront, it is true we have been making most money from player sales and we are still selling and will still sell more players as our academy keeps on producing. You will have a valid point when any of those other clubs makes lower losses or higher profits than we do.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by Cougar2: 7:34pm On Feb 28, 2011
1025:

arsenal will finish mid-table.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by duduspace(m): 7:47pm On Feb 28, 2011
*Cougar*:

arsenal will finish mid-table.

You wish, we've done better so far at this stage than we did last year after not selling players. Some who bought players have actually regressed.  tongue
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by Cougar2: 8:04pm On Feb 28, 2011
duduspace:

You wish, we've done better so far at this stage than we did last year after not selling players. Some who bought players have actually regressed.  tongue

birmingham and tottenham have done better than arsenal in the past 6 seasons. stop kidding yourself you have done better at this stage than you did last year. you have won nothing yet. if barca kick arsenal out next week then the picture will become clearer to you.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by duduspace(m): 9:17pm On Feb 28, 2011
*Cougar*:

birmingham and tottenham have done better than arsenal in the past 6 seasons. stop kidding yourself you have done better at this stage than you did last year. you have won nothing yet. if barca kick arsenal out next week then the picture will become clearer to you.

When the season ends we will reevaluate, we did not reach the final of the CC last season so in that regards we have been better, last season we also ended 3rd in the league but so far are 2nd and breathing down your neck too so in that regards we have done better than last season at the same stage. If Barca knock us out, we would still have 2 competitions we are actively competing for if that is not progress compared to last year, then yu need to go back to nursery school.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by Cougar2: 9:28pm On Feb 28, 2011
duduspace:

When the season ends we will reevaluate, we did not reach the final of the CC last season so in that regards we have been better, last season we also ended 3rd in the league but so far are 2nd and breathing down your neck too so in that regards we have done better than last season at the same stage. If Barca knock us out, we would still have 2 competitions we are actively competing for if that is not progress compared to last year, then yu need to go back to nursery school.

you are dumb. this is a false dawn and if you cannot see beyond your nose then i cannot help you. a trophyless season will still be a trophyless season until you actually win something. so if you think playing in the final of a carling cup is a mark of improvement then you are deluded. arsenal got knocked out in the quarter final in europe last season, you would go out next week in the round of 16. is that an improvement? even if you finish 2nd on the league table, the only incentive is you would qualify for europe next season automatically which is also the same incentive the 3rd placed team would enjoy. grin
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by duduspace(m): 9:47pm On Feb 28, 2011
*Cougar*:

you are dumb. this is a false dawn and if you cannot see beyond your nose then i cannot help you. a trophyless season will still be a trophyless season until you actually win something. so if you think playing in the final of a carling cup is a mark of improvement then you are deluded. arsenal got knocked out in the quarter final in europe last season, you would go out next week in the round of 16. is that an improvement? even if you finish 2nd on the league table, the only incentive is you would qualify for europe next season automatically which is also the same incentive the 3rd placed team would enjoy. grin

How can a dawn that hasn't even come yet be false? undecided weren't you one of those who claimed Barcelona would beat us at the emirates? did you come back to eat your words? let Barcelona knock us out first and then run your mouth. As at the present, we are doing better than we did last season.
The 2nd and 3rd placed in the league don't actually get payed the same cos in this thread we are talking about money so that would be another improvement over last season and if we do go ahead to beat Barca we would have definitely done better than we did last season.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by switch47(m): 9:48pm On Feb 28, 2011
@ post

Let the club called Arsenal handle your reply. If e still dey pain you. then go ahead and write more rubbish  but note that it does not take anything from the club as what you write here sir, you write in vain grin grin grin grin

Commenting on the interim results, Peter Hill-Wood, non-executive chairman, said:

"This is a robust performance in the current climate and is where we expected to be at this stage of the financial year and at this stage in our longer term development plans for the growth of the Club.

The Club is exactly where we want to be, competing for trophies across the closing months of the season. I know that Arsène Wenger and his players will remain focused and will be appreciative of the fantastic support they get from our fans around the world.

I also want you to know that we are proud of the fact we continue to compete at the highest level while staying true to our principles. We continue to operate as a self-funding Club. This brings its own challenges in an increasingly competitive environment but provides the platform for a secure and positive long term future."
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by duduspace(m): 10:40pm On Feb 28, 2011
@Switch47

No mind dem jare, I had pointed out on the Arsenal thread weeks back that profits would be lower since we didn't make any major player sales in a discussion with Debo about how much financial restrictions Arsene is competing against,  it is amazing that he has pulled a rabbit out of the hat again to still make 4m out of Eduardo's transfer and I'm sure we must have made something no matter how little from Nortdtveit's sale while we got Wellington, Miyaichi and Koscielny.
The important thing is that we kept an important player and the team has benefitted as a whole from it and I'm sure we will still more than break even at the end of the season, I hope this chap who opened it will be man enough to come and eat his words at the end of the season.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by 1025: 12:48am On Mar 01, 2011
I know that Arsène Wenger and his players will remain focused and will be appreciative of the fantastic support they get from our fans around the world.
@witch,
imbe, u did not point out what wenger and his players give their fans in returns which is heart attack. pls point to one arsenal fan that was not celebrating this cup from the day they knew they were playing brimingham in the finals.

@Switch47

No mind dem jare, I had pointed out on the Arsenal thread weeks back that profits would be lower since we didn't make any major player sales in a discussion with Debo about how much financial restrictions Arsene is competing against, it is amazing that he has pulled a rabbit out of the hat again to still make 4m out of Eduardo's transfer and I'm sure we must have made something no matter how little from Nortdtveit's sale while we got Wellington, Miyaichi and Koscielny.
The important thing is that we kept an important player and the team has benefitted as a whole from it and I'm sure we will still more than break even at the end of the season, I hope this chap who opened it will be man enough to come and eat his words at the end of the season.

@duduspace,
i am not here to make any valid point rather i am here to inform you that the much talked abt profits of your club did not come this time that they did not sale. wenger will be regreting his head off bcs he really wanted to sale fabregas but tot barca wanted him at all cost. this is called miscalculation.
u are smart enough to mention 4m eduardo without telling us how that came back to hunt u as the same eduardo pushed u out of the first position into the hands of your killers - barca.
is not like you are paying anybody for your stadium rather it was built by emirates and it will continue bearing their name until the agreed time. there is reebok stadium and there is dw stadium and here is emirates stadium not arsenal stadium yet. it will only be when the contract is done.
i am not here to make u happy so if u get angry, it is not going to surprise me. the most important things about this post is that it came from an authentic source.
stop acting as if all is well in ur arsenal life. wenger is not happy abt what is happening hence his pic below.
we are complaining of all the walcots, wilshire, denilsons and other under aged players in ur team, u people are still busy chasing children here and there.
i understand ur frustrations because u don't have a choice but u still have a choice as i faced this same critical situations 7 yrs back but i decided to quit instead of fighting innocent people out of the anger from my arsenal club then. u can still change like that wicth that claims to be a bolton fan.
how can fans be talking with a bolton fan?
uncle look at your coach and tell me such man is not in pains.

Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by switch47(m): 4:17am On Mar 01, 2011
switch47:

@ post

Let the club called Arsenal handle your reply. If e still dey pain you. then go ahead and write more rubbish  but note that it does not take anything from the club as what you write here sir, you write in vain grin grin grin grin

Commenting on the interim results, Peter Hill-Wood, non-executive chairman, said:

"This is a robust performance in the current climate and is where we expected to be at this stage of the financial year and at this stage in our longer term development plans for the growth of the Club.

The Club is exactly where we want to be, competing for trophies across the closing months of the season. I know that Arsène Wenger and his players will remain focused and will be appreciative of the fantastic support they get from our fans around the world.

I also want you to know that we are proud of the fact we continue to compete at the highest level while staying true to our principles. We continue to operate as a self-funding Club. This brings its own challenges in an increasingly competitive environment but provides the platform for a secure and positive long term future."

Arsenal has since moved on--------like i said before this is one of History's greatest clubs in the making at least for those of us that are fans of Good football we shall continue to like and love Arsenal, Barcelona and the Ductch style of nice footie among other forms of entertainment . [/b]Its just fun isnt it?? there is always another game, always another season and even if a club like Arsenal wait 10 seasons i sure know the glory days is not over yet and the club has got many many many trophies to win.

[b]@1025

did you say you quit being an arsenal fan out of frustration?? heeheheheh the problem with you guys is you dont see Football as a form of entertainment, in Nigeria the so called fans put it in their head that following an EPL club is like a job for which you have no option of loving the brand of football another club plays, you believe if you are a man united fan then all manchester city plays is rubbish even on theday they beat man united 3-0, Tevez must be the worst striker in the world all because he plays for another club. THe basis for which you follow clubs is shallow . For someone like me i watch football to enjoy myself, entertainment is the primary aim.if my favourite clubs wins fine if not that does not and can not make my life misrable, for example i enjoyed my self this last weekend, Barcelona extended their lead,Bayern munich got owned at home, a favourite club in EPL did not win a cup that the opposition here sees as a mere milk cup if they win and a point to rant about if they lose, and you expect the world to end because of that? omo football can only be enjoyed depending on the reason you attach to it,certainly not this madness in Nigeria !!Birmingham waited 63 years but their fans stayed and i can assure you some of them are  happier than any Barcelona fan at the moment WHY? because they have been going to the stadium all their life to enjoy their club play as a form of tradition and  does not give a hoot if there is a useless club named chelsea being taken over by some sugar daddy russian billionaire!! Though the typical Nigerian football fan may not understand. but Arsenal is doing very fine and the wait for trophies will end sooner than you expect but while waiting why not just enjoy your self!!  you guys follow clubs for the wrong reasons, and if chelsea goes trophyless for 5 years shebi you can still claim to be a fan of Man united abi??  grin grin grin  it is a pity!!
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by kcjazz(m): 6:52am On Mar 01, 2011
@OP

First of all, your title header is misleading. This news filtered in last week even before the Cup final tongue
That said, this is 6 months so don't rejoice yet. Its a tough business environment but with long runs in the CC, CL and FA cups, they will break even by June, although I expect profits to be lower this year because of extending contracts and increased wages. Except of course they reach the Semi Finals or finals of Champs league. I expect some fringe players sales in summer and experience replacements.

The commercial territory is what Arsenal lags behind, this is where Bayern Munich is making a killing in Europe. We are tied to Emirates till 2014 due to stadum loans. Plus our shirt deal is lower than even Liverpool, and top 4 teams but until 2012, so the future looks bright. While Manchester United is high up there, our growth rate is reducing the gap every year and that is huge progress when you consider their brand power.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by Cougar2: 12:38pm On Mar 01, 2011
duduspace:

How can a dawn that hasn't even come yet be false? undecided

if and when it comes, it is false!

weren't you one of those who claimed Barcelona would beat us at the emirates? did you come back to eat your words? let Barcelona knock us out first and then run your mouth.

they should have beaten you but arsenal got the rub of the green when messi's legit goal was ruled offside.

As at the present, we are doing better than we did last season.
The 2nd and 3rd placed in the league don't actually get payed the same cos in this thread we are talking about money so that would be another improvement over last season and if we do go ahead to beat Barca we would have definitely done better than we did last season.

the difference between the 2nd and 3rd placed in terms of money is less than 1 million pounds. i don't see how that will turn arsenal's fortunes around all of a sudden.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by duduspace(m): 2:36pm On Mar 01, 2011
*Cougar*:

they should have beaten you but arsenal got the rub of the green when messi's legit goal was ruled offside.
Legit goal my foot, even Barca aint complainin, the ball rebounded off Pedro before it went through to Messi and was rightly flagged.

*Cougar*:

the difference between the 2nd and 3rd placed in terms of money is less than 1 million pounds. i don't see how that will turn arsenal's fortunes around all of a sudden.
that already accounts for over 30% of our present loss. A club that makes a turnover over 100m can afford a once in a life time loss of 2.5 million if yur debt ridden club can survive with a perpertual debt burden over 450m. and continual losses year on year.

@1025
My question to you is, will you eat your words if we end up with a profit this season?
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by dipo2much(m): 2:39pm On Mar 01, 2011
^^
Need I say that £1M or less is just a meagre part of profit the club will be making? We have a squad that can win,and thus bring money. So therez d potential for a better report at the end of the season
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by Cougar2: 2:58pm On Mar 01, 2011
duduspace:

Legit goal my foot, even Barca aint complainin, the ball rebounded off Pedro before it went through to Messi and was rightly flagged.

it's a pity a seasoned football fan like you does not offside the rule. even with the rebound and deflection, messi was still onside and his goal should have counted. anyways, i doubt it would matter next week when leo would run rings around the chumps in your defence for the second season running.

that already accounts for over 30% of our present loss. A club that makes a turnover over 100m can afford a once in a life time loss of 2.5 million if yur debt ridden club can survive with a perpertual debt burden over 450m. and continual losses over 10m year on year.

only an unrepentant fool would compare united's finances with a lightweight like arsenal. besides, the 2.5 million loss is a half-year report. who knows the loss your trophyless club would post by september when the annual accounts are posted?
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by duduspace(m): 3:54pm On Mar 01, 2011
*Cougar*:

it's a pity a seasoned football fan like you does not offside the rule. even with the rebound and deflection, messi was still onside and his goal should have counted. anyways, i doubt it would matter next week when leo would run rings around the chumps in your defence for the second season running.

I watched this on Sky and at the end of the day even the usual Arsenal bashing guys had to agree it was the right call if the linesman had seen the rebound.

*Cougar*:
only an unrepentant fool would compare united's finances with a lightweight like arsenal. besides, the 2.5 million loss is a half-year report. who knows the loss your trophyless club would post by september when the annual accounts are posted?
And only a stonehearted  dimwit would be blind to a debt of over 450m and year on year losses without any major investment in infrastructure despite what that same dimwit accepts is a once in a lifetime windfall of 80m from a single player transaction.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by Cougar2: 4:04pm On Mar 01, 2011
duduspace:

I watched this on Sky and at the end of the day even the usual Arsenal bashing guys had to agree it was the right call if the linesman had seen the rebound.

lair! sky did not show this game live, itv did.

And only a stonehearted  dimwit would be blind to a debt of over 450m and year on year losses without any major investment in infrastructure despite what that same dimwit accepts is a once in a lifetime windfall of 80m from a single player transaction.

the same debt that has been around since 2005 which also coincided with man utd's most succesful period? you don't have a clue.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by duduspace(m): 4:27pm On Mar 01, 2011
*Cougar*:

lair! sky did not show this game live, itv did.
And Sky don't do reviews of all action in UCL games within an hour of their ending?  undecided

*Cougar*:

the same debt that has been around since 2005 which also coincided with man utd's most succesful period? you don't have a clue.
All the more reason why yu shld be worried. Arsenal built a stadium worth over 450m in the same period and have since paid down that debt to 147m without any trophies, while yur debt has been around since 2005 and you couldn't pay any substantial chunk of it despite all the football success you had. Are yu thinking at all? or is it when you have less success you intend to pay it off?
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by Cougar2: 5:13pm On Mar 01, 2011
duduspace:

And Sky don't do reviews of all action in UCL games within an hour of their ending?  undecided

they did and they all said messi's goal was legit. i can show you a link if you press further.

All the more reason why yu shld be worried. Arsenal built a stadium worth over 450m in the same period and have since paid down that debt to 147m without any trophies, while yur debt has been around since 2005 and you couldn't pay any substantial chunk of it despite all the football success you had. Are yu thinking at all? or is it when you have less success you intend to pay it off?

worried? now i know why they call you mumuface!!! grin
how can i be worried over a club that has the highest attendance in the whole of europe? you don't have a clue. the glazers paid off 220 million pounds pik loans just last year in one big swoop. if the price is right, they are selling the club to that rich family in qatar for 1.8 billion and i should be worried? i should be more worried over a club who hasn't won a penny in the past six seasons!!!! i laugh in koscielny. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by HNIC(m): 5:15pm On Mar 01, 2011
@Poster
U are a proper MUmu.
An average Arsenal fan knew this before the final on Sunday.
Stop posting gibberish
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by dayokanu(m): 5:49pm On Mar 01, 2011
HNIC:

@Poster
U are a proper MUmu.
An average Arsenal fan knew this before the final on Sunday.
Stop posting gibberish

You knew this and still lost?

Is that not hopeless?
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by duduspace(m): 9:19pm On Mar 01, 2011
*Cougar*:

they did and they all said messi's goal was legit. i can show you a link if you press further.
Post it and I'm sure I can get the one where Hoddle conceeded it was a goal based on the rebound.

*Cougar*:

worried? now i know why they call you mumuface!!! grin
how can i be worried over a club that has the highest attendance in the whole of europe? you don't have a clue. the glazers paid off 220 million pounds pik loans just last year in one big swoop. if the price is right, they are selling the club to that rich family in qatar for 1.8 billion and i should be worried? i should be more worried over a club who hasn't won a penny in the past six seasons!!!! i laugh in koscielny. cheesy
Is it today yu started having highest attendances? or was OT expanded to 70,000 capacity after 2005? yu continue to dodge the issue, yu have had prolly the most sustained successful period of your history yet emerged with massive debt and no infrastructure upgrades while at the same time Arsenal had massive infrastructure upgrades in a period in which they won nothing and have largely paid off the debt incurred for that upgrade. You can have your worries about Arsenal's competitiveness but financial worry is the least of our worries whereas its paramount in yours, good luck with that rich family to pay off your debts, we don't need one.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by Cougar2: 9:42pm On Mar 01, 2011
duduspace:

Post it and I'm sure I can get the one where Hoddle conceeded it was a goal based on the rebound.

you are demented. every football fan knows messi scored a legit goal except a doofus like mumuface.

Is it today yu started having highest attendances? or was OT expanded to 70,000 capacity after 2005? yu continue to dodge the issue, yu have had prolly the most sustained successful period of your history yet emerged with massive debt and no infrastructure upgrades while at the same time

the stupidity in this argument is united had no debt before the leveraged take over. they were doing well posting huge profits before the glazers. the debt did not arise by buying expensive players or spending more than the club makes. the debt was artificial. united don't need no infrastructure upgrades. before the glazers, united are the richest club on the planet.

Arsenal had massive infrastructure upgrades in a period in which they won nothing and have largely paid off the debt incurred for that upgrade. You can have your worries about Arsenal's competitiveness but financial worry is the least of our worries whereas its paramount in yours, good luck with that rich family to pay off your debts, we don't need one.

arsenal without the stadium debt. . . .won nothing.
arsenal with the stadium debt. . . . . .won nothing.

arsenal fans lying that their debt is the reason for the trophy drought is a myth. the club failed to win because you have mediocres in your team. how much debt are we talking about that has stopped arsenal from winning? as big as united's? hell no. we have been told this season wenger now has the resources to challenge and win titles cos arsenal posted a handsome profit last financial year. yet, they were beaten by birmingham, would be kicked out of europe next week and wenger isn't even sure he can win the league. i ask, where is the title wenger promised last year?

barcelona is crippled with debt and they keep winning. same as madrid, man utd, etc. debt does not stop the business on the pitch so put a sock in it.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by duduspace(m): 12:38am On Mar 02, 2011
*Cougar*:

you are demented. every football fan knows messi scored a legit goal except a doofus like mumuface.
Your pills don expire ni? where is the clip yu wanted to post?

*Cougar*:

the stupidity in this argument is united had no debt before the leveraged take over. they were doing well posting huge profits before the glazers. the debt did not arise by buying expensive players or spending more than the club makes. the debt was artificial. united don't need no infrastructure upgrades. before the glazers, united are the richest club on the planet.

arsenal without the stadium debt. . . .won nothing.
arsenal with the stadium debt. . . . . .won nothing.

arsenal fans lying that their debt is the reason for the trophy drought is a myth. the club failed to win because you have mediocres in your team. how much debt are we talking about that has stopped arsenal from winning? as big as united's? hell no. we have been told this season wenger now has the resources to challenge and win titles cos arsenal posted a handsome profit last financial year. yet, they were beaten by birmingham, would be kicked out of europe next week and wenger isn't even sure he can win the league. i ask, where is the title wenger promised  last year?

barcelona is crippled with debt and they keep winning. same as madrid, man utd, etc. debt does not stop the business on the pitch so put a sock in it.

Poto poto yarns, too much story that blatantly remains blind, deaf and dumb to the real issues, the fact remains financially speaking we are in a better position than you. I don't see UEFA holding up manure as a symbol of proper financial management. Its not my business how yu came to be in debt. The fact remains yu are in debt and heavy ones too which a period of sustained success we are not likely to ever see again has done little to lessen.
When the season ends, we will discuss where we are in terms of trophies, and this thread is not about trophies. We have kept our best players and so far we've done better than last year, that is all I demanded from my team to ensure we are moving in the right direction.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by Cougar2: 12:15pm On Mar 02, 2011
duduspace:

Your pills don expire ni? where is the clip yu wanted to post?

all the clips have been removed by uefa copyright schitzo but a demented soul like you would argue against these thousands of links proving messi was onside. http://www.google.co.uk/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=messi's+disallowed+goal+at+the+emirates

Poto poto yarns, too much story that blatantly remains blind, deaf and dumb to the real issues, the fact remains financially speaking we are in a better position than you. I don't see UEFA holding up manure as a symbol of proper financial management.

i see. i never knew uefa now gives a special trophy for the best managed club in europe. grin cheesy what a simpleton. your club has not won a single trophy in 6 years and what you can beat your chest about is bah bah bah, we are well managed! where is the management in a team who cannot win a trophy to please the fans?

Its not my business how yu came to be in debt. The fact remains yu are in debt and heavy ones too which a period of sustained success we are not likely to ever see again has done little to lessen.

if you are expecting the success on the pitch to clear a debt of 700 million pounds then you are as demented as a squirrel accursed with brain damage. fact remains united keep posting decent figures, winning trophies and beating "healthy clubs" like arsenal season in season out. that is fine by me. whatever happens with the finances is morgan stanley's/deloittes to worry about. as long as united win trophies, i am happy.

When the season ends, we will discuss where we are in terms of trophies, and this thread is not about trophies. We have kept our best players and so far we've done better than last year, that is all I demanded from my team to ensure we are moving in the right direction.

i don't need to wait till the end of the season to know you will finish this season potless. sunday was your best chance and you fluffed it. barcelona will murder you next week. man utd is in the way in the fa cup and the league is far away from a spineless team like you.
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:14pm On Mar 02, 2011
erm lets see if this makes sense.

in the last 5 years, man utd have the largest stadium with consistent attendances which equal large profits

in the same period man utd have made such windfalls such as 80 mill from c. ronaldo sale

in the same period, man utd have entered new lucrative sponsorship deals earning them even more money than most clubs around

in the same period man utd has won trophies and made inroads in comps that earned then large sums of money

man utd is arguably the biggest brand name in the premier league with money spinners world over

in this same period man utd has consistently declared gargantuan losses running close 500 mill plus or more (dont have the latest figures)

at the present time man utd's accounts are in the red despite their best efforts at remedying that situation, such that talk of acquiring another set of sugar daddies is being floated

Arsenal on the other hand as admitted and publicly known has

embarked on large projects in addition to the football business with monies borrowed and secured with long term deals

arsenal has sponsorship agreements that they are tied into long term to support their expenditures in the projects like stadium development and estate development.

arsenal is not known to be a commercial brand in the leagues of man utd and madrid etc and as such do not make as much from those areas as utd

arsenal has also not had the benefit of large cash injections from winning competitions or crazy 80 million sales in this same period

arsenal do not and have not had sugar daddies

in short, Arsenal do not make as much money as man utd, Arsenal also have serious obligations which further hamper their ability to make more money, yet owe far less and have better financials

arsenal in the past five years have somewhat declared profits and even going by the poster's tenous assertions have a half year financial account showing debt that amounts to a fraction of what utd owe

@ poster, lets just say you will never ever make a career out of financial knowledge, and frankly, i advise you immediately employ an adviser for the pennies in your pocket, you may discover why u still are not a millionaire all this while grin grin

you mean that you think arsenal is in a bad shape or worse than utd? should in case you are thinking DK and Sauron are in agreement with you, i can assure u, they simply have nothing better to do and are yarning their usual opata, they know better

AND FOR THE RECORD, AM GLAD YOU SAY UR NO LONGER A GUNNER, IF U EVER REALLY WERE ANYWAY, we like our fans smarter grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Posts Financial Loss After Wembley Defeat by duduspace(m): 1:19pm On Mar 02, 2011
*Cougar*:

all the clips have been removed by uefa copyright schitzo but a demented soul like you would argue against these thousands of links proving messi was onside.  http://www.google.co.uk/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=messi's+disallowed+goal+at+the+emirates
A quote from one of the links on that page (from CNN) "A Messi header was disallowed [b]for a marginal offside decision [/b]and he shot into the side netting after another typical burst into the penalty area, but Arsenal were also a threat going forward in an open game." Learn to do more than scratching the surface of sensational headlines made to draw attention or summon the humility from somewhere to go back to kindergaten, you might just set a new world record while yu're at it  tongue

*Cougar*:

i see. i never knew uefa now gives a special trophy for the best managed club in europe. grin cheesy what a simpleton. your club has not won a single trophy in 6 years and what you can beat your chest about is bah bah bah, we are well managed! where is the management in a team who cannot win a trophy to please the fans?
The title of this thread does not mention trophies but financials, have yu watched that specsavers advert recently?

*Cougar*:

if you are expecting the success on the pitch to clear a debt of 700 million pounds then you are as demented as a squirrel accursed with brain damage. fact remains united keep posting decent figures, winning trophies and beating "healthy clubs" like arsenal season in season out. that is fine by me. whatever happens with the finances is morgan stanley's/deloittes to worry about. as long as united win trophies, i am happy.
Obviously there are a lot of such squirrels running amok at OT cos thats what yur management keeps telling us and its only a matter of time before that stupidity influenza spreads to yu if it hasn't already.  Enjoy your fool's paradise while it lasts.

*Cougar*:

i don't need to wait till the end of the season to know you will finish this season potless. sunday was your best chance and you fluffed it. barcelona will murder you next week. man utd is in the way in the fa cup and the league is far away from a spineless team like you.
Game on, the season aint over yet but I hope you will find the inner strength to eat your words if Arsenal do win a trophy this season, and not do your magical disappearing act and phoenix rebirth under a new handle.  tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Milan, Madrid, Manchester, London Or Rome - Which City Has The Best Combined XI? / El-clasico Barcelona 2 : 1 Real Madrid Full Time (download & Watch Highlight ) / Original Uefa.com Users' Team Of The Year 2012 (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.