Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,313 members, 7,815,570 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account (2015 Views)

CBN Okays Withdrawals Of Dollars From Domiciliary Accounts / US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? / Man Closes Company Account With GT Bank Over Innoson Saga(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account by viviangist: 4:55pm On Sep 23, 2020
GT Bank is trying to make their customers suffer , if you are using a GT Bank Domiciliary Account , you will understand what i mean.

You cannot withdraw Transfer from your account , if you are receiving money from other countries , which the call inflow.

I Went to GT Bank Few months ago to withdrew money , here in Awka Anambra State , The Cashier their told me that i cannot withdraw from my account , that i can only transfer or deposit dollars , i asked him why , he said that the new Policy. (I have been using this account for upto 6 Years Now)

I Contacted my friend using another bank , he told me that he is done with his bank that he is going home , i asked him whether they allowed him withdrew , he said yes ...

I Asked the cashier if the problem is a mass problem or GT Bank alone , he told me that he don't know that is the new policy from their headquaters ..

I Transferred the money to alhaji that normally change money for me , he removed almost 15% from my total amount , he told me that is transfer , that is how they do it ...

So this month again , i went to GT Bank to do transfer , since they cannot allow us withdraw our money again !!! , The cashier told me that their is a new policy , that you cannot withdraw or transfer to any other bank ...

i asked him what is the way out , he told me that they don't know for now .... i asked him if i should come back tomorrow , he told me that this policy can last till after December ... i asked him if my money will be in the bank till December , he replied "Sorry , that's what it means"

I Asked him if i can step the money with any conversion rate , he said i have to write a letter to the Lagos headquarters , before they can consider that .... when i requested for sheet to write the letter , he said that he just confirmed from their Oga , that i cannot convert they money ...

This is what we are Facing with GT Bank ..

CC; lalasticlala , Pls FP.

Re: GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account by etrange: 4:59pm On Sep 23, 2020
OP, this might be related to the currency revaluation rumour. They fear people will go and withdraw their dollars and keep them at home!
Re: GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account by viviangist: 5:00pm On Sep 23, 2020
etrange:
OP, this might be related to the currency revaluation rumour. They fear people will go and withdraw their dollars and keep them at home!

Re: GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account by Enudapan: 5:02pm On Sep 23, 2020
Nna eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

This bank and there wahala self
Be like say after 1st bank the rest nah 2nd hand bank
Re: GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account by viviangist: 5:08pm On Sep 23, 2020
lalasticlala
Re: GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account by Iyoocartel(f): 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2020
Iyooooooo cartel

Gt bank is getting more useless as the day passes by. It used to be one of the best bank. Then i been dey use am collect western union direct from USA and Germany before but now na nleka bank.
Re: GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account by bnanzip(m): 5:44pm On Sep 23, 2020
This same stupid GTbank did the same thing to me today. I was forced to convert at their rate of 380 naira to 1 USD.
If I confirm other banks are not doing this, I am going to close my account with Gtbank immediately, let me see if they will not release the money. Idiots.

1 Like

Re: GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account by bnanzip(m): 5:46pm On Sep 23, 2020
viviangist:
lalasticlala
Did your friend withdraw today? I want to know to start the process of opening the new dom account with his bank.
And what bank is he using?
Re: GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account by viviangist: 5:53pm On Sep 23, 2020
bnanzip:

Did your friend withdraw today? I want to know to start the process of opening the new dom account with his bank.
And what bank is he using?

Access Bank is paying !!!

4 Likes

Re: GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account by viviangist: 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2020
bnanzip:
This same stupid GTbank did the same thing to me today. I was forced to convert at their rate of 380 naira to 1 USD.
If I confirm other banks are not doing this, I am going to close my account with Gtbank immediately, let me see if they will not release the money. Idiots.

Access Banks is paying dollars , my friend was laughing at me today.

1 Like

Re: GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account by Zhirinovsky: 6:41pm On Sep 23, 2020
The fact is that gtb does this to only ordinary Nigerians.
Do you think the can restrict Dangote or Tinubu from withdrawing dollars from their dorm accnt?

After the lockdown I visited gtb and was disgusted on how they treat their customers. They pack ordinary Nigerians outside under the sun while they allow their high income customers into the bank without them joining the queue.

I think there should be a protest!! People that have gtb dorm account should organize themselves and March to their head office and demand their money.

This is wrong, no bank have the right to seize your hard earned money while the flex theirs.

This directive did not come from FG but from gtb.

2 Likes

Re: GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account by uboma(m): 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2020
Too bad for a bank like Guarantee Trust Bank to deliberately prevent their clients to withdraw foreign currencies from their Domiciliary accounts.
Re: GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account by Systrom(m): 7:30pm On Sep 23, 2020
Lalasticlala

Front page please
Re: GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account by SKhanmi: 7:45pm On Sep 23, 2020
Zenith is paying. This is peculiar to GTB alone
Re: GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account by 222Martins(m): 1:44pm On Oct 12, 2020
viviangist:

Access Banks is paying dollars , my friend was laughing at me today.
Have you been able to resolve this? Have you withdrawn your dollars or you were forced to collect at N385 from GTBank?
Re: GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account by asco15(m): 2:05pm On Oct 12, 2020
I can't still withdraw or transfer my money in my GTB Domicilliary account. What's the way forward please.

1 Like

Re: GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account by Kobicove(m): 2:26pm On Oct 12, 2020
viviangist:
GT Bank is trying to make their customers suffer , if you are using a GT Bank Domiciliary Account , you will understand what i mean.

You cannot withdraw Transfer from your account , if you are receiving money from other countries , which the call inflow.

I Went to GT Bank Few months ago to withdrew money , here in Awka Anambra State , The Cashier their told me that i cannot withdraw from my account , that i can only transfer or deposit dollars , i asked him why , he said that the new Policy. (I have been using this account for upto 6 Years Now)

I Contacted my friend using another bank , he told me that he is done with his bank that he is going home , i asked him whether they allowed him withdrew , he said yes ...

I Asked the cashier if the problem is a mass problem or GT Bank alone , he told me that he don't know that is the new policy from their headquaters ..

I Transferred the money to alhaji that normally change money for me , he removed almost 15% from my total amount , he told me that is transfer , that is how they do it ...

So this month again , i went to GT Bank to do transfer , since they cannot allow us withdraw our money again !!! , The cashier told me that their is a new policy , that you cannot withdraw or transfer to any other bank ...

i asked him what is the way out , he told me that they don't know for now .... i asked him if i should come back tomorrow , he told me that this policy can last till after December ... i asked him if my money will be in the bank till December , he replied "Sorry , that's what it means"

I Asked him if i can step the money with any conversion rate , he said i have to write a letter to the Lagos headquarters , before they can consider that .... when i requested for sheet to write the letter , he said that he just confirmed from their Oga , that i cannot convert they money ...

This is what we are Facing with GT Bank ..

CC; lalasticlala , Pls FP.

Does this policy also affect people who actually deposited US$ cash in their dorm account?
Re: GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 28, 2020
Kobicove:

Does this policy also affect people who actually deposited US$ cash in their dorm account?

I'm quoting you here based on the recent disagreement you had with me at the recent thread.

Now tell me how GTB would distinguish between dollars you deposited alone and dollars that was transferred to your account.

Does your own dollar account read " Total balance =$10,000 ;Balance that was transferred to the account =$6000 ; Balance that was deposited cash =$4000?"

How exactly will they distinguish between money you deposited cash in your account and the one that was transferred?
Re: GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account by etin06(m): 10:56am On Nov 28, 2020
Has this issue been resolved? cos I want to know if to send wire to my GT DOM account or open a Dom in another bank that allow withdrawal .
Re: GT Bank Stops Customers From Withdraws And Transfers From Domiciliary Account by Maximeo(m): 4:45pm On Dec 06, 2020
Guys, in view of the new cbn policy, I think there will be no qualms in withdrawals. I bank with Access, please who knows how much they charge for dollars withdrawals from Domiciliary Account? I've not used mine for a long time.

(1) (Reply)

Discover How To Make $150 Dollars Per Hour...(it's Free) / What Is Pool Betting About And How Lucrative Compared To Sport Betting / 09 KIA RIO AVAILABLE ON HIRE PURCHASE FOR UBER

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.