Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

HCPC Registration For UK Immigration. Therapist Shares Experience - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / HCPC Registration For UK Immigration. Therapist Shares Experience (3196 Views)

New UK Immigration Rules For Students, Work Visa Point System & More / Out And About In Limerick City, Ireland - Nairalander Shares Experience. Photos / "LASTMA Officials Now Operate Like Pick-Pockets"- Twitter User Shares Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HCPC Registration For UK Immigration. Therapist Shares Experience by iknowexperts: 12:41pm On Sep 24, 2020
HCPC means Health and Care Professions Council. They are one of the regulatory bodies for some health professionals in the UK.

If you must immigrate to the UK,
and be qualified to work in any of the health professions listed below,
you must first of all be licensed by the HCPC

The professions/occupations are:

Biomedical scientist
Radiographers
Clinical psycologists
Speech and language therapist
Paramedics
Occupational therapists
Dieticians
Physiotherapists
And 8 other occupations.

Out of the 15 occupations regulated by the HCPC,
6 are eligible to enjoy the new, cheaper and fast track health and care visa (UKHC visa),
because the UK are really in need of workers there.

UKHC visa was launched 4th of August 2020.

Some people get confused if they should register for the HCPC before getting to the UK or after they have immigrated.

Also, some people do not know of the process

The experience shared by the therapist below answers these questions to a great extent

The article begins below

=======================

My experience when applying for HCPC registration
By Kimmi
Source: https://thescrollnineyards.com/2019/03/06/my-experience-when-applying-for-hcpc-registration/

Any health care professional looking to work in the UK must be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) to be eligible. This can be a daunting process but honestly doesn’t have to be.

I am a Speech Language Therapist who applied in 2018 and I had a relatively smooth experience and want to share some tips with you.

This is by no means a ’how to’ guide but rather my experience and what worked for me. I can’t take any responsibility for whether or not you are successful in your application because I am not an expert but I do hope that my experience can give you a bit more insight.

Firstly, don’t believe everything you hear. Research the facts and ask people who have made successful applications. Did you know that you don’t have to have a job to apply for your HCPC registration? I have had so many people ask me about this.

Applying for your HCPC registration should be one of the first things you start doing after deciding to move to the UK. It can take up to four months to receive your registration so keep that in mind when planning. When I applied in 2018 there was a much longer and more complicated form to complete. The form you will complete is easier to complete.

There are two application processes, one for those who qualified in the UK and one for those who qualified outside of the UK. I’m going to be discussing the application for international applicants.

The HCPC website is incredibly helpful. When you arrive on the site, start by selecting ‘international applications’. Take some time to familiarise yourself with the various documents provided.

The most important document to me, and the one I would recommend you read thoroughly is the ‘Guidance for international applicants’. This document provides you with a clear cut idea of what is required of you for each section of the application.

It is also important to consider that the HCPC are likely to contact the references you provide in your application and I would encourage you to notify the relevant people of this and ensure they respond ASAP. This will speed up your application process.

Download and read through the whole application form. You should take time to get an idea of all the things you will need and to get an idea of how much time it is going to take you.

To get all the documents together I needed about a month and a half. Some of the documents you need are reliant on other people, this is what takes time. The last page of the application form provides you with a checklist. Make sure you have completed and submitted everything on this list before sending your application off.

Tips for section 1- Your details

This section is simple enough to fill in without hassle. As your evidence (attachments you provide) you need to submit proof of identification.

I used my South African passport. It also stipulates that you submit proof of address. I was living with my parents at the time I applied and initially submitted a utility bill of my fathers along with a signed letter from him stating that I lived at his address (an affidavit).

The HCPC did not accept this and called me a few weeks after I posted my application and requested I submit different evidence. A bank statement with my name and address was sufficient.

Tips for section 2- Qualification in relevant profession

This section can take some time to complete. You will need to submit a certified copy of your degree. You will also need to download the additional ’Course information’ form from the website. This form needs to be completed by your university.

My university only completed the first table on the form and then attached my course details with the official stamp of the university. The HCPC accepted this. Obtaining these documents took time. I also had to pay a fee so I would encourage you to bear this in mind.

If you are able to, notify your course administrator or a senior staff member that you have made an application to the HCPC and let them know that they should expect an email from the HCPC requesting that they confirm your qualification (be sure to use this person’s details in your form).

My course administrator did not respond to the emails sent by the HCPC and I eventually got in touch with a senior staff member. The HCPC was so great at notifying me of this delay in my application and I corresponded with someone who took down the details of the senior lecturer and directed all future emails to her. This was then sorted out in no time.

Tips for section 3- Professional experience

Section 3 requires that you provide information on your professional experience. The HCPC is likely to contact the references you provide in this section, so again it would be a good idea to let these references know that they may be contacted by the HCPC and kindly ask them to respond as soon as they are able to.

When writing about your experience, use the standards of proficiency framework provided on the website as a guide as to what information to include.

The application form also requires that you provide information from your employer/ supervisor on a separate sheet to supplement what you have written.

The form I used in 2018 had a section for this to be done (I have included a copy of this as a guide if you would like it. This specific form is no longer a requirement but may assist you in what information your supervisor/employer should provide)

Tips for section 4- Professional registration and membership

Fill in all your details regarding your professional membership (HPCSA from South Africa). There isn’t anything complex about this section.

Tips for section 5- English language proficiency

If English is your first or only language and your qualification is in English, you do not need to prove your English proficiency. If English is not your first language you will need to take an English proficiency test and provide the scores accordingly.

Tips for section 6- Paying your scrutiny fee

You should be aware that you do not get this fee back, whether you receive your registration or not. However, if you don’t receive your registration you can appeal. Follow the information provided in the form and the emails you will receive from the HCPC.

Tips for section 7- Declarations

For the character and health/ vetting and barring section, the form does not explicitly request for any specific documentation. However, I believe you should submit as much as possible. Rather have too much than too little.

To prove my health and good character I included a police clearance certificate and a letter from my doctor. This just makes the process for the HCPC that much simpler and quicker should they query your fitness to practice for any reason. Again, this is not a requirement but I do truly think it will benefit your application.

For my police clearance, I did the application at the police station but had a private courier, City Sprint, deliver it to police high commission in Pretoria and once ready they delivered it back to me.

Sending off your application

Put all documents into an envelope, do not staple any documents together. I used paper clips and Post-Its to separate the application form from the evidence but this isn’t necessary. I used DHL to courier my documents to the UK and was notified by the HCPC via email when my package arrived with them.

Remember, you don’t get any of your documentation back and it is therefore important to only submit certified copies of all documentation and no originals you might want back.

What next?

The waiting game. The HCPC will notify you once your application is received (I was notified within 24 hours of them receiving mine). If anything is missing, they are likely to contact you and ask you for it.

This happened to me with my proof of address. They emailed me about a week or two after they received my application and I called them back asking for more information. Through the process I kept in email contact and if I wanted further information I called them.

Once the application was successful I was notified via email (happy dance!) and given instructions as to how to make payment to be put onto the register.

This information comes from my own experience and is not a fully comprehensive guide. I do hope that it helps you in applying for your HCPC...

=============

End of article

2 Likes

Re: HCPC Registration For UK Immigration. Therapist Shares Experience by Cousin9999: 2:27pm On Sep 24, 2020
Good info!

1 Like

Re: HCPC Registration For UK Immigration. Therapist Shares Experience by CakesToolsOvens(f): 12:58pm On Feb 15, 2021
Thanks alot for this helpful information.

Did you submit your University transcript?
Re: HCPC Registration For UK Immigration. Therapist Shares Experience by raphok1(m): 8:21pm On Apr 04, 2022
Hi can a microbiologist (with no regulating body like the other listed professions) get registered with the HCPC?
Re: HCPC Registration For UK Immigration. Therapist Shares Experience by tunjyalabi87: 7:33am On Sep 15, 2022
CakesToolsOvens:
Thanks alot for this helpful information.

Did you submit your University transcript?

Can pharmacologist get registered with HCPC

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Coolest Subways Around The World (PIX) / A Terrible Accident At Umuahia/okigwe Rd Few Hours Ago.(graphic Contents) / Dong Hoi Car Rental With Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.