Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

University Of Ibadan Post UTME Screening: Is This Fraud? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Post UTME Screening: Is This Fraud? (400 Views)

What You Need To Know About University Of Ibadan Post Utme And Admission Process / How Uniuyo 2017/2018 Admission Screening Is Conducted / University Of Ibadan Post Utme Past Qestions And Answers For All Courses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Ibadan Post UTME Screening: Is This Fraud? by Ayemileto(m): 12:47pm On Sep 24, 2020
So, I visited the university's portal to apply for post UTME screening for my sister, and I noticed the following:

1. When you want to make payment, you are first redirected to a 3rd party website that adds a fee of 600 Naira to the 2000 charged for the screening.

2. This 3rd party website then redirects to Remitta (which handles the payment) where the main payment processing fee will then be added.

3. I decided to check up on the 3rd party website online, and they claim to provide software solutions for organisations, companies, schools etc.

4. The fees charged by this intermediate website is over 3 times that of Remitta.

Now, I have been thinking about it, isn't this a case of fraud?
Re: University Of Ibadan Post UTME Screening: Is This Fraud? by tayewomi(m): 12:58pm On Sep 24, 2020
Pay and leave,same happened to me i saw 2,000 but later got receipt payment of 2,800,all the best
Re: University Of Ibadan Post UTME Screening: Is This Fraud? by Ayemileto(m): 2:12pm On Sep 24, 2020
tayewomi:
Pay and leave,same happened to me i saw 2,000 but later got receipt payment of 2,800,all the best

The receipt generated by the school portal on my end is a 2000 Naira receipt while 2,775.22 Naira was paid.

Ordinarily, the school website was supposed to redirect to Remitta without first stopping in a 3 Rd party website. That's why I brought this here, because it looks somehow.
Re: University Of Ibadan Post UTME Screening: Is This Fraud? by tayewomi(m): 7:06pm On Sep 24, 2020
Ayemileto:

The receipt generated by the school portal on my end is a 2000 Naira receipt while 2,775.22 Naira was paid.

Ordinarily, the school website was supposed to redirect to Remitta without first stopping in a 3 Rd party website. That's why I brought this here, because it looks somehow.
Chill pls what's ur bro course maybe we course mate and has been preparing for the post utme exam

(1) (Reply)

Understanding Snakes / . / IGSR donates Over 1,900 Textbooks & Learning Materials To Schools In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.