Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Game Of Thrones: Danaerys' Death Was Expected - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones: Danaerys' Death Was Expected (615 Views)

This Guy Turns Into 7 Female ‘game Of Thrones’ Characters Using Only Makeup(pic) / Who's Winning Westeros? Beware The Night King Before 'game Of Thrones' Season 8 / Jon Snow And Daenerys Finally Do It In Episode 7 Of Game Of Thrones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Game Of Thrones: Danaerys' Death Was Expected by Alexander1300(m): 4:09pm On Sep 24, 2020
Though it felt rushed and unexpected, I feel Danaerys' end was pre-determined in the series.

It's a long write-up and my theory but hear me out;

I noted two facts established about her from the get-go;

1. She was an eventual villain.
Dany was driven by one goal; to take the throne. This caused her to cross certain grey areas, most times, justifying them with the excuse that her enemies would've done the same. But we ignored it, and it was easy to because she was adorable. And because she was a liberator with three awesome dragons. But we forget, many villains start off as good meaning people and it's the actions they take throughout their lives that shape them to become evil (Lex Luthor from Smallville, Thanos from MCU). If we really looked, we'd notice that she loved being respected. Being served. Being worshipped. At all cost. It explains why she gradually amassed an army everywhere she goes to and marched straight for King's Landing. Not to save its people, but to rule them.

2. She'd make a terrible ruler.
Dany is a conqueror and liberator at best but she's a shitty queen. She barely listens to counsel and dishes out death sentences without blinking. Those are kinda terrible traits to have as a ruler. She also lacked political tact. Her brief stay as queen of Mereen proved her capacity to rule. Another great feature of a good ruler is doing what's best for the people, sometimes which means giving up the throne. Dany could never do that, proving her claim to the throne was selfish. Dany is great at taking cities and thrones but not very good at managing them. Everywhere she goes, she leaves a more lasting impression of fear than respect. It's why she seems most comfortable when she's on the move. And explains why her thirst for conquest didn't stop at King's Landing; the seemingly final goal we all thought she had.

Now, having a character like that rule the Seven Kingdoms would just send them back to the days of the Mad King. And Dany had shown such tendencies from the start. I mean, she;

-Had her husband pour molten gold on her own brother's head.

-Locked two humans in a vault to starve to death.

- Crucified a large bunch of slave masters.

-Burnt down more than a dozen men in one room and watched them die.

- Carried out various public executions with her pet dragon....among other things I cannot remember.

So, yeah, she's better kept as a goddess or idol to be worshipped. But not a queen to rule.

Did she deserve to die? No.

Did she have to die? Solid yes.

She had become a threat. One driven by power and a darkness borne from a generational grudge that she would never really get over. It was visible in her reaction when she discovered Jon (a guy she's supposedly in love with) might be a competition to her claim to the Iron Throne.

I loved Dany and hated the ending but.....it took me a while to finally come to terms with it.

Civil opinions are welcome, by the way.

Re: Game Of Thrones: Danaerys' Death Was Expected by NeoWanZaeed(m): 4:12pm On Sep 24, 2020
lol..
people still dey watch this sha
Re: Game Of Thrones: Danaerys' Death Was Expected by Yusuf001(m): 4:13pm On Sep 24, 2020
hmmm ... did u finish watch the series yesterday ...?
Re: Game Of Thrones: Danaerys' Death Was Expected by Alexander1300(m): 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2020
Na. Seen it since. Just took a while to let this sink in. I was pretty upset when she was killed off.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Danaerys' Death Was Expected by PrinzCarter(m): 10:47am On Sep 25, 2020
Nawa my guy do u use sagem my X1, or motollora blade or Alcatel or trium
Re: Game Of Thrones: Danaerys' Death Was Expected by Alexander1300(m): 11:06am On Sep 25, 2020
PrinzCarter:
Nawa my guy do u use sagem my X1, or motollora blade or Alcatel or trium

Why do you ask?
Re: Game Of Thrones: Danaerys' Death Was Expected by Passionate888: 7:19pm On Sep 25, 2020

-Had her husband pour molten gold on her own brother's head.

how? Did she tell her husband to do it?
Re: Game Of Thrones: Danaerys' Death Was Expected by Alexander1300(m): 10:49pm On Sep 25, 2020
Passionate888:
how? Did she tell her husband to do it?

I expected a question like this.

She could've stopped him and just had him exiled or jailed or reformed. Yet, she sat bh and enjoyed watching him be melted to death.

Which means if she could, she would've done it herself.

The fact that she was not remorseful about it shows it was her desire. And that's a pretty dark thought to have about a sibling, don't you think?

I loved Danaerys too but.... I can't deny her dark side.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Danaerys' Death Was Expected by Passionate888: 11:58pm On Sep 25, 2020
Alexander1300:

I expected a question like this.

She could've stopped him and just had him exiled or jailed or reformed. Yet, she sat bh and enjoyed watching him be melted to death.

Which means if she could, she would've done it herself.

The fact that she was not remorseful about it shows it was her desire. And that's a pretty dark thought to have about a sibling, don't you think?

I loved Danaerys too but.... I can't deny her dark side.

She tried stopping him by sending Ser Jorah to him.. You don't seem to understand the Dothraki customs, he carried blade into their sacred ground, that means death.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Danaerys' Death Was Expected by AFvckingAlpha(m): 11:38am On Sep 26, 2020
The fvck Niggarr!!
Re: Game Of Thrones: Danaerys' Death Was Expected by Alexander1300(m): 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2020
Passionate888:

She tried stopping him by sending Ser Jorah to him.. You don't seem to understand the Dothraki customs, he carried blade into their sacred ground, that means death.

Doesn't mean she couldn't have pleaded on his behalf or shown remorse. But she didn't.

Dany was always quick to death sentences. It was obvious throughout the series.
Re: Game Of Thrones: Danaerys' Death Was Expected by Passionate888: 3:14pm On Sep 27, 2020
Alexander1300:

Doesn't mean she couldn't have pleaded on his behalf or shown remorse. But she didn't.

Dany was always quick to death sentences. It was obvious throughout the series.

You don't really know the Dothraki customs, if you carry a sword into their sacred ground, you'll be killed. It doesn't matter who you are.

Tradition is tradition
Law is law
Re: Game Of Thrones: Danaerys' Death Was Expected by Alexander1300(m): 7:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
Passionate888:

You don't really know the Dothraki customs, if you carry a sword into their sacred ground, you'll be killed. It doesn't matter who you are.

Tradition is tradition
Law is law

No one is disputing Dothraki law. The issue here is whether Dany exhibited villainous nature or not.

Her reaction towards the incident involving her brother's execution, in my opinion, says she does.

Same as how she acted around every other scenario where a death sentence is passed directly or indirectly by her.

(1) (Reply)

Inner Demon - Horror Movie / If I Want To Fxck You, I Will Knack U, I Don't Fear Anyone And I Like It Raw Bbn / Bbnaija Season 7: Khalid And Daniella Caught Knacking By Amaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.