Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat (6035 Views)

How To Place The Hands During Tashahhud? / Sidi Manniru: Why We Performed Eid Prayer Today / Tips On How To Make A Passive Muslim Become Active In Solat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by Lukgaf(m): 4:37am On Sep 25, 2020
First Tashahhud

(i) Once you finish the second Rak'ah, hold your right hand closed with its thumb and middle finger touching each other like in a circle while pointing the index finger straight in the direction of the Qiblah and moving it through the recitation of the Tashahhud (in Arabic):

التَّحِيَّاتُ لِلَّهِ وَالصَّلَوَاتُ وَالطَّيِّبَاتُ السَّلَامُ عَلَى النَّبِيُّ وَرَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ السَّلَامُ عَلَيْنَا وَعَلَى عِبَادِ اللَّهِ الصَّالِحِين. أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ

Transliteration: Attahiyyaatu lillaahi wassalawaatu wattayyibatu. Assalaamu 'alayka ayyuhan-Nabiyyi warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh. Assalaamu 'alyna wa 'ala 'ibaadillaahis saaliheen. Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illallaah wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan 'abduhu wa rasooluh.

“All compliments [Allaah is free of all imperfection, His is the dominion, Magnificence, Endless existence belongs to Him], prayers, and pure words and deeds, are due to Allaah. May Allaah grant the Prophet safety from all defects and imperfections and keep his message safe from all evil; [may Allaah grant him] mercy and honor. May safety and security be granted to us and to all the righteous slaves of Allaah. I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.”

Full Tashahhud

(i) At the end of the last Rak'ah, recite the first Tashahhud and follow it with the following recitation known as As-Salaatul Ibraaheemiyyah:

اللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وَعَلَى آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ كَمَا صَلَّيْتَ عَلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَعَلَى آلِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ إِنَّكَ حَمِيدٌ مَجِيدٌ. اللَّهُمَّ بَارِكْ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وَعَلَى آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ كَمَا بَارَكْتَ عَلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَعَلَى آلِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ إِنَّكَ حَمِيدٌ مَجِيدٌ

Transliteration: Allaahumma salli 'ala Muhammad wa 'ala aali Muhammad kama sallaita 'ala Ibraaheem wa 'ala aali Ibraaheem innaka Hameedun Majeed, wabaarik 'ala Muhammad wa 'ala aali Muhamaad kama baarakta 'ala Ibraaheem wa 'ala aali Ibraaheem innaka Hameedun Majeed.

“O Allaah! Praise Muhammad, and on the family of Muhammad, as You Praised Ibraaheem, and the family of Ibraaheem; You are indeed Worthy of Praise, Full of Glory. And send blessings on Muhammad, and on the family of Muhammad, as you sent blessings on Ibraaheem, and the family of Ibraaheem; You are indeed Worthy of Praise, Full of Glory.”

Looking at the finger while pointing in prayer

Abdullah ibn al-Zubayr reported: When the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, would sit in prayer, he would place his left foot between his thigh and shin, stretch his right foot, place his left hand on his left know, place his right hand on his right thigh, and point with his finger.

In another narration, Abdullah said: The gaze of the Prophet would not go beyond his index finger.

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 579

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Muslim

Al-Nawawi said, “The Sunnah is for one’s gaze to not go beyond his index finger.”

Source: Sharḥ al-Nawawī ‘alá Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 5/71

https://en.islamway.net/article/13815/step-by-step-guide-to-the-prayer

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by Kherdija(f): 6:23am On Sep 25, 2020
Jazakallah khairan

6 Likes

Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by motayoayinde: 6:25am On Sep 25, 2020
JAZAKALLAHU KHAIRAN.

THIS IS IMPORTANT.

A LOT OF MUSLIMS DON'T KNOW THE CORRECT WORDINGS OF THE TASHAHHUD

6 Likes

Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:53am On Sep 25, 2020
Allah says:
And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.
(Qur'an 3:85)

Islam is the religion of all Prophets and Messengers of Allah. May the peace and blessings of Allah be on them all.

4 Likes

Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by auduadeniyi(m): 9:38am On Sep 25, 2020
Those Allah Said will should killed our fellow for blasphemy Only God can judge

1 Like

Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by SPOLO(m): 9:42am On Sep 25, 2020
JazakALLAHU KHAIRAN
happy Jummat kareem

1 Like

Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by eherbal(m): 9:43am On Sep 25, 2020
Jazakhum Llah Khair. May Almighty Allah increase your knowledge in leaps and bounds.

1 Like

Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by osamz007: 9:44am On Sep 25, 2020
grin
Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by Ayishatreal(f): 10:01am On Sep 25, 2020
Islamsucks:
rubbish people just nonsense solat ko suya ni
And you had to swear false to come and cancel the whole post?
This your Islamophobe will not end well for you. May Allah turn your heart.

4 Likes

Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by k4kenny(f): 10:01am On Sep 25, 2020
Blessed people of Allah, please pay no attention to the attention seeker above me. His likes are to be ignored and left to Allah.

@lukgaf Jazakallahu khayran for yet another informative post. Another error people make after reciting the tahhashud is the act of flaying the two hands before the tasleem. They make similar hands movements between the first and secons salams. Just turn your head from right to left. The nodding and hands movements are not necessary.

Wallahu 'alam

5 Likes

Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by fatymore(f): 10:04am On Sep 25, 2020
k4kenny:
Blessed people of Allah, please pay no attention to the attention seeker above me. His likes are to be ignored and left to Allah.

@lukgaf Jazakallahu khayran for yet another informative post. Another error people make after reciting the tahhashud is the act of flaying the two hands before the tasleem. They make similar hands movements between the first and secons salams. Just turn your head from right to left. The nodding and hands movements are not necessary.

Wallahu 'alam

Our iya alasalatu will not hear this oo.

If you see their karamo(exaggeration) during iqamah/tashahhud, you will think they want to jump ni.

I don't usually fault them, it was handed to them by their parents.

2 Likes

Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 25, 2020
Ayishatreal:

How will it end well for me when your terrorists brothers eg MURIC, Boko Haram will want to behead me
Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 25, 2020
Ayishatreal:

how will it end well fore when your fellow islamist brothers in terrorism eg boko haram, alqada, ISIS may probably behead me
Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by gurusprout: 10:15am On Sep 25, 2020
Islamsucks:
Mumu people without sense

Las las, this one go die of depression and heart attack.

1 Like

Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by gurusprout: 10:17am On Sep 25, 2020
fatymore:

Our iya alasalatu will not hear this oo.

If you see their karamo(exaggeration) during iqamah/tashahhud, you will think they want to jump ni.

I don't usually fault them, it was handed to them by their parents.

No, it was handed to them by the ignorant folks they call Alfas.
Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 25, 2020
gurusprout:

because of the heart attack your boko Haram brothers of the religion of peace (Islam) cause to the people living in northern Nigeria
Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by sunshineV(f): 10:20am On Sep 25, 2020
gurusprout:

spoken like d real terrorist dat u are
Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by fatymore(f): 10:21am On Sep 25, 2020
gurusprout:

No, it was handed to them by the ignorant folks they call Alfas.

lol..awon baba adini and co
Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by Somoladjnr(m): 10:21am On Sep 25, 2020
Jazakallahu khairan
Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by rasque96(m): 11:00am On Sep 25, 2020
Lukgaf:
First Tashahhud

(i) Once you finish the second Rak'ah, hold your right hand closed with its thumb and middle finger touching each other like in a circle while pointing the index finger straight in the direction of the Qiblah and moving it through the recitation of the Tashahhud (in Arabic):

التَّحِيَّاتُ لِلَّهِ وَالصَّلَوَاتُ وَالطَّيِّبَاتُ السَّلَامُ عَلَى النَّبِيُّ وَرَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ السَّلَامُ عَلَيْنَا وَعَلَى عِبَادِ اللَّهِ الصَّالِحِين. أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ

Transliteration: Attahiyyaatu lillaahi wassalawaatu wattayyibatu. Assalaamu 'alayka ayyuhan-Nabiyyi warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh. Assalaamu 'alyna wa 'ala 'ibaadillaahis saaliheen. Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illallaah wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan 'abduhu wa rasooluh.

“All compliments [Allaah is free of all imperfection, His is the dominion, Magnificence, Endless existence belongs to Him], prayers, and pure words and deeds, are due to Allaah. May Allaah grant the Prophet safety from all defects and imperfections and keep his message safe from all evil; [may Allaah grant him] mercy and honor. May safety and security be granted to us and to all the righteous slaves of Allaah. I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.”

Full Tashahhud

(i) At the end of the last Rak'ah, recite the first Tashahhud and follow it with the following recitation known as As-Salaatul Ibraaheemiyyah:

اللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وَعَلَى آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ كَمَا صَلَّيْتَ عَلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَعَلَى آلِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ إِنَّكَ حَمِيدٌ مَجِيدٌ. اللَّهُمَّ بَارِكْ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وَعَلَى آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ كَمَا بَارَكْتَ عَلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَعَلَى آلِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ إِنَّكَ حَمِيدٌ مَجِيدٌ

Transliteration: Allaahumma salli 'ala Muhammad wa 'ala aali Muhammad kama sallaita 'ala Ibraaheem wa 'ala aali Ibraaheem innaka Hameedun Majeed, wabaarik 'ala Muhammad wa 'ala aali Muhamaad kama baarakta 'ala Ibraaheem wa 'ala aali Ibraaheem innaka Hameedun Majeed.

“O Allaah! Praise Muhammad, and on the family of Muhammad, as You Praised Ibraaheem, and the family of Ibraaheem; You are indeed Worthy of Praise, Full of Glory. And send blessings on Muhammad, and on the family of Muhammad, as you sent blessings on Ibraaheem, and the family of Ibraaheem; You are indeed Worthy of Praise, Full of Glory.”

Looking at the finger while pointing in prayer

Abdullah ibn al-Zubayr reported: When the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, would sit in prayer, he would place his left foot between his thigh and shin, stretch his right foot, place his left hand on his left know, place his right hand on his right thigh, and point with his finger.

In another narration, Abdullah said: The gaze of the Prophet would not go beyond his index finger.

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 579

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Muslim

Al-Nawawi said, “The Sunnah is for one’s gaze to not go beyond his index finger.”

Source: Sharḥ al-Nawawī ‘alá Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 5/71

https://en.islamway.net/article/13815/step-by-step-guide-to-the-prayer
Allahu Akbar
Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by smileyz16(m): 11:04am On Sep 25, 2020
jazakumu lahu kairan... i have been reading the attayah slightly with some mistakes, now I have corrected them

3 Likes

Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by FIRDAUS3(m): 11:25am On Sep 25, 2020
How will it end well for me when your terrorists brothers eg MURIC, Boko Haram will want to behead me

You cannot escape it naa. Allaah will Surely catch you.

And when Allaah catches you, you're doomed.
Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 25, 2020
FIRDAUS3:

You cannot escape it naa. Allaah will Surely catch you.

And when Allaah catches you, you're doomed.
Allah that is in a spiritual cage your Muhammed that has mental problem and pedophile spirit will catch ☝️me cheesy grin grin ko Allah(S.W.T)
A.K.A Allah (SEE.WE.TERRORISTS) grin grin✴️✴️ Your Illiterate Allah that only understands Arabic and Sends a Pedophile as a Prophet grin as a messenger you are just as Stupid as Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) AKA Mohammed (PLEASE BE USELESS AS HELL)

⭕How Will a Man serve A God that only understands Arabic?
ANSWER: lack of common Sense ☺️ grin

⭕How will a man listen to a prophet that had up to twelve wives and tells you you can only marry four?
ANSWER: Lack of common Sense lipsrsealed ☺️ grin grin grin cheesy shocked

IslamSucks Loves❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ You♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️☺️☺️☺️♥️♥️❤️✴️☺️⛪⛪⛪⭕⭕⭕⭐✌️
Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by Lemmy123(m): 3:20pm On Sep 25, 2020
Islamsucks2:
Allah that is in a spiritual cage your Muhammed that has mental problem and pedophile spirit will catch ☝️me cheesy grin grin ko Allah(S.W.T)
A.K.A Allah (SEE.WE.TERRORISTS) grin grin✴️✴️ Your Illiterate Allah that only understands Arabic and Sends a Pedophile as a Prophet grin as a messenger you are just as Stupid as Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) AKA Mohammed (PLEASE BE USELESS AS HELL)

⭕How Will a Man serve A God that only understands Arabic?
ANSWER: lack of common Sense ☺️ grin

⭕How will a man listen to a prophet that had up to twelve wives and tells you you can only marry four?
ANSWER: Lack of common Sense lipsrsealed ☺️ grin grin grin cheesy shocked

IslamSucks Loves❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ You♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️☺️☺️☺️♥️♥️❤️✴️☺️⛪⛪⛪⭕⭕⭕⭐✌️
This is not because I'm a Muslim but I just think the whole thing was unnecessary... Really....
Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by mckazzy(m): 3:33pm On Sep 25, 2020
Jazakallah khairan to the author.

My question is: which among these tashahud is applicable to Nafil (Not the mandatory solat)?.

Is it Assalatul ibrahimiyya or the first one we recite in the first two rakat of our mandatory solat?
Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by Realismailakabir: 8:53pm On Sep 25, 2020
mckazzy:
Jazakallah khairan to the author.

My question is: which among these tashahud is applicable to Nafil (Not the mandatory solat)?.

Is it Assalatul ibrahimiyya or the first one we recite in the first two rakat of our mandatory solat?

The first one.
Re: How Tashahhud Is Performed In Solat by Imefonukoenin11: 2:49am On Sep 26, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Hadith Of Today 204 / Antidote For Islamophobia, 'ISLAMOPHOBIN' / Freemason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.