Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,468 members, 7,864,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:04 AM

Upwork Is Ripping Freelancers. My View - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Is Ripping Freelancers. My View (491 Views)

First Bank Nigeria Is Ripping People Off Their Money And No One Is Talking / Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! / Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Upwork Is Ripping Freelancers. My View by WaterPurifier: 4:54am On Sep 25, 2020
You pay to buy connect

Each job you get they"ll need to part with another 20%

They will also charge your client

This is much
Re: Upwork Is Ripping Freelancers. My View by coolcharm(m): 5:00am On Sep 25, 2020
WaterPurifier:
You pay to buy connect

Each job you get they"ll need to part with another 20%

They will also charge your client

This is much

Hmm.. you think it's a ripoff? Try creating visibility for your self as a freelancer and see how it goes.

Besides the 20% is on the first $500
Above that, you pay 10%

When bidding for projects, simply factor that into your hourly rates or fixed price and shift it to your client.
Re: Upwork Is Ripping Freelancers. My View by WaterPurifier: 5:07am On Sep 25, 2020
coolcharm:

Hmm.. you think it's a ripoff? Try creating visibility for your self as a freelancer and see how it goes.

Besides the 20% is on the first $500
Above that, you pay 10%

When bidding for projects, simply factor that into your hourly rates or fixed price and shift it to your client.

How does one create visibility?

I've had 4 jobs so far. I think I'll be working more harder to bid higher.

Nice comment
Re: Upwork Is Ripping Freelancers. My View by emmaversity(m): 6:33am On Sep 25, 2020
WaterPurifier:

How does one create visibility?

I've had 4 jobs so far. I think I'll be working more harder to bid higher.

Nice comment
Hi!

When did you join upwork?

How was the process of registration?

How did you achieve it? I asked because some folks have been trying to join but find it difficult. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also I will be grateful if you can share links on how to make it on upworks.

Thanks in anticipation of your reply
Re: Upwork Is Ripping Freelancers. My View by WaterPurifier: 9:15am On Sep 25, 2020
emmaversity:

Hi!

When did you join upwork?

How was the process of registration?

How did you achieve it? I asked because some folks have been trying to join but find it difficult. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also I will be grateful if you can share links on how to make it on upworks.

Thanks in anticipation of your reply

I've been on Upwork for 3 months now, and still growing. To be sincere, it's not easy for beginners but with time it'll get better.

I'm using a Nigeria profile

I registered through a technique that's long to explain here.

And the process is quite simple.

To make it on Upwork, you've got to be consistent and skilled at what you do.
Re: Upwork Is Ripping Freelancers. My View by emmaversity(m): 11:37am On Sep 25, 2020
WaterPurifier:

I registered through a technique that's long to explain here.

And the process is quite simple.

Thanks for replying.
Honestly, am interested in registering someone and possibly myself.
Hope you can help.
Re: Upwork Is Ripping Freelancers. My View by Mide3367: 11:45am On Sep 25, 2020
I need help too
Re: Upwork Is Ripping Freelancers. My View by emmaversity(m): 10:12am On Feb 26, 2021
I need someone to write literature review on a topic in finance.

*Requirement:*
* Must be good in writing research or Undergraduate and masters project.
* Must good in APA and Havard style of referencing.
* Must deliver work free of plagiarism (atleast 15% similarity). Evidence of a plagiarism test.
* Must be able to deliver in 2weeks time
* Must be able to write a minimum of 40 pages excluding references.
* No excuse of NEPA issue
Must constant power

*Payment procedure*
* I am paying #10000
* I will pay #1000 to get the work started
* When the work is complete you will send it then I will pay the balance #9000

*Other Instruction*
*I will provide the format for the literature review
*The sub headings that makes up the conceptual clarification will be based on the reseach objectives and hypotheses which I will forward to you. Same applies to the theoretical review and empirical review.
* If you have trust issue and would like to make sure am not a scammer and would like to deal with me in person we can meet at the university of Lagos.
*Please attach a recent work you have done

If you are interested please kindly apply at
emmanuel.mbah at yahoo dot com

(1) (Reply)

How To Make 1million Naira In 3 Months / 5 Years Old Facebook Account For Sale / Attention: Fresh Fruits And Vegetables Importers/suppliers/sellers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.