Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,044 members, 7,828,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Description Of Prophet MUHAMMAD (SAW) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Description Of Prophet MUHAMMAD (SAW) (601 Views)

What Is The Actual Date Of Prophet Muhammad's Birth And Death? / Singling Out A Day For Fasting On Prophet Muhammad Saw's Birthday / Islam's Prophet Muhammad's 'Timeless' Pandemic Advice Goes Viral In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Description Of Prophet MUHAMMAD (SAW) by Realismailakabir: 6:38am On Sep 25, 2020
All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, is His slave and Messenger.

Allaah The Almighty allotted to our beloved Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, the best and the most complete qualities, not only in his outer behavior but also in his inner self.  He combined the sublime moral and physical qualities within him. He described him of having the best manner in His holy book.
Q6.8.4

وَإِنَّكَ لَعَلَىٰ خُلُقٍ عَظِيمٍ

And indeed, you are of a great moral character.

So, he was a well-disciplined, modest, patient, forgiving, magnanimous, and courageous man.  He was also good-looking, with a pleasant voice, and he was very eloquent when speaking.  When his wife ‘Aa’ishah was asked about his behavior, she replied, "It was the Quran." This means that the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, applied in his life all the sublime ethics enjoined by the Quran and that he avoided and remained aloof of any behavior that the Quran forbids or criticizes.

As for his physical appearance, the following Hadeeth (narration) describes him. Al-Bukhari reported from Rabee’ah ibn Abi Abdur-Rahmaan,

“I heard Anas ibn Maalik describing the Prophet, saying, ‘He was of medium height amongst the people, neither too tall nor short; he had a rosy color, neither absolutely white nor deep brown; his hair was neither completely curly nor quite lank. Divine Inspiration was revealed to him when he was forty-years old. He stayed ten years in Makkah, receiving the Divine Inspiration, and stayed in Medina for ten more years. When he expired, he had scarcely twenty white hairs in his head and beard.’" Rabee'ah said, “I saw some of his hair and it was red. When I asked about that, I was told that it turned red because of scent.” 

Muḥammad b. Bashshār  al-ʿAbdī narrated to us; from Muḥammad b. Jaʿfar; from Shuʿbah; from Abū Isḥāq; that he heard Barāʾa b. ʿĀzib (raḍiy Allāhu ʿanhu) saying,

“The Messenger of Allāh (sall Allāhu ʿalayhi wa sallam) had slightly curly hair and was of medium stature with broad shoulders. His hair was thick, reaching his earlobes and he wore a red ḥulla.[2] I have never seen anything more beautiful than him.”[3]

Anas also reported, “I have never touched silk or Deebaaj (thick silk) softer than the palm of the Prophet nor have I smelt a perfume nicer than the sweat of the Prophet.”

Bukhārī records on the authority of Barāʾa that ‘The Messenger of Allāh (sall Allāhu ʿalayhi wa sallam) was the most handsome of people, with the best of physiques. He was neither very tall nor was he short.’[49] He also said, “I have never seen anything more beautiful than him.”[50]Bukhārī records that Anas said, “He (sall Allāhu ʿalayhi wa sallam) had a handsome face, and I have not seen anyone, before him or after him, who was like him.”[51] Jābir b. Samrah said, ‘I saw the Messenger of Allāh (sall Allāhu ʿalayhi wa sallam) on a clear, moonlit night wearing a red ḥulla and I paused and looked at him and then the moon and found that, in my view, he was more beautiful than the moon.’[52] Abū Hurayrah (raḍiy Allāhu ʿanhu) said, “Out of all people, he had the best and most beautiful qualities.”[53] Rubayyiʿ bint Muʿawwidh, ‘Were you to see him (sall Allāhu ʿalayhi wa sallam) you would have thought the sun had risen.’[54]Abū’l-Ṭufayl said, ‘‘He was white skinned and handsome.’ ʿAlī (raḍiy Allāhu ʿanhu) said, ‘Whoever unexpectedly saw him would be awestruck and whoever associated with him and got to know him would love him. Those who described him would say

“I have never seen anyone, before him or after him, who was comparable to him.”’ 
Al-Barra’ ibn ‘Azib narrated,

“The Prophet (peace be upon him) had the handsomest face and the best physical appearance from all the people”

“Allāh never sent a Prophet except that he had a handsome face and a nice voice, and your Prophet has the best face and the best voice.”

Ka'b  said, "When I greeted the Messenger of Allaah, his face was glittering with happiness – for whenever the Messenger of Allaah was happy, his face used to glitter, as if it was a piece of the moon, and we used to recognize it (i.e. his happiness) from his face." [Al-Bukhari]
The Messenger of Allāh has come!’ I came along with the people to see him and when I looked at his very handsome face, I knew that his face was not the face of a liar. The first thing the Prophet (saw) said was this, “People, spread peace, feed the hungry, and pray at night when people are sleeping and you will enter Paradise in peace.”[

https://www.islam21c.com/islamic-thought/the-description-of-the-prophet/

https://www.islamweb.net/en/fatwa/87524/description-of-the-prophet-sallallaahu-alayhi-wa-sallam-and-his-possessions

1 Like

Re: Description Of Prophet MUHAMMAD (SAW) by Realismailakabir: 6:53am On Sep 25, 2020
More

The Prophet (sall Allāhu ʿalayhi wa sallam) reached the peak of perfection in all of these.[58] Indeed, his inner and outer beauty was such that people would simply look at his face and believe him, knowing that he could not be a liar. ʿAbdullāh b. Salām reported that when the Messenger of Allāh (saw) came to Madīnah, the people rushed toward him and it was announced, ‘The Messenger of Allāh has come!’ I came along with the people to see him and when I looked at his very handsome face, I knew that his face was not the face of a liar. The first thing the Prophet (saw) said was this, “People, spread peace, feed the hungry, and pray at night when people are sleeping and you will enter Paradise in peace.”[59]

(1) (Reply)

Hadith Of The Day / Free Air Ticket To Holyland Form Next Year / What Are U Doing Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.