Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

"Don't Waste Your Time Studying These 5 Courses In School" - Reno Omokri - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "Don't Waste Your Time Studying These 5 Courses In School" - Reno Omokri (1376 Views)

What Did You Study In School And What Are You Doing Presently? Let's Discuss. / Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School / These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Don't Waste Your Time Studying These 5 Courses In School" - Reno Omokri by trendysturvs(f): 9:49pm On Sep 28, 2020
The ex-aide to former president Jonathan, Reno Omokri has taken to his twitter handle offer useful advice to young ones who intend to embark on undergraduate or postgraduate programme in the tertiary institutions.

According to Omokri, instead of spending 4 years studying, courses like Philosophy, Sociology, Linguistics, Religious studies and Public Admin, it is advisable to spend one year or even less to learn skills that are in high demand such as Coding, Nursing, Forex trading, laboratory technology etc.

Do you agree with him?

https://tsbnews.com/2020/09/dont-waste-your-time-studying-these-5-courses-in-school-reno-omokri-don-jazzy/

Re: "Don't Waste Your Time Studying These 5 Courses In School" - Reno Omokri by padi94(m): 9:54pm On Sep 28, 2020
True
Re: "Don't Waste Your Time Studying These 5 Courses In School" - Reno Omokri by alexsoftwork(m): 9:55pm On Sep 28, 2020
Especially music and that religious study. grin
Re: "Don't Waste Your Time Studying These 5 Courses In School" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 28, 2020
So true
Re: "Don't Waste Your Time Studying These 5 Courses In School" - Reno Omokri by Samfloxin(m): 9:58pm On Sep 28, 2020
My guy studied Religious studies. He is now a captain in the Nigeria Army. As far as this country is concerned, the guys that studied those courses will work in the bank while those that studied accountancy will roam.

1 Like

Re: "Don't Waste Your Time Studying These 5 Courses In School" - Reno Omokri by decatalyst(m): 10:09pm On Sep 28, 2020
alexsoftwork:
Especially music and that religious study. grin

I wonder what the courses are about when even a certain "frog voice" can be making millions off his sounds without going to school to study music?

grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Don't Waste Your Time Studying These 5 Courses In School" - Reno Omokri by Bluntguy: 10:12pm On Sep 28, 2020
This is Nigeria, where you might not even need to study anything whatsoever to be president. So let people study whatever they can as long as they study. Afterall Goodluck Jonathan studied zoology while Buhari studied nothing, yet the former has been while the latter is the sitting president of Nigeria. So no one should mind Reno on this one.

1 Like

Re: "Don't Waste Your Time Studying These 5 Courses In School" - Reno Omokri by Romanoff(f): 10:16pm On Sep 28, 2020
No be lie o. I was watching Nat Geo Wild one day and saw a man who is a Marine cinematographer. I asked my husband if we even have a course like that or career prospect in that field in Nigeria, he just said "we are Nigerians, we don't do stupid things. We never film wetin dey land finish, na to enter water"?

There are different career paths if you're abroad. You could be a fire fighter, para medic, an EMT,you can even enlist in the army without connection all without a degree o.

But here, after the four years course, masters, PhD, you go still dey live like pauper.

2 Likes

Re: "Don't Waste Your Time Studying These 5 Courses In School" - Reno Omokri by Xsem(m): 4:49am On Sep 29, 2020
Romanoff:
No be lie o. I was watching Nat Geo Wild one day and saw a man who is a Marine cinematographer. I asked my husband if we even have a course like that or career prospect in that field in Nigeria, he just said "we are Nigerians, we don't do stupid things. We never film wetin dey land finish, na to enter water"?

There are different career paths if you're abroad. You could be a fire fighter, para medic, an EMT,you can even enlist in the army without connection all without a degree o.

But here, after the four years course, masters, PhD, you go still dey leave like pauper.

Why did your husband tag the man's profession stupid? If not because of the so called stupid course, you wouldn't be opportune to be viewing those wild lives let alone the marine.

1 Like

Re: "Don't Waste Your Time Studying These 5 Courses In School" - Reno Omokri by Romanoff(f): 6:05am On Sep 29, 2020
Xsem:

Why did your husband tag the man's profession stupid? If not because of the so called stupid course, you wouldn't be opportune to be viewing those wild lives let alone the marine.

He did so because of a show we both watch, "Bob hearts Abishola". In a scene where Bob was telling Abishola about Skiing or ice skating I think, Abishola replied him saying "we are Nigerians, we don't do stupid things".

That's why.
Re: "Don't Waste Your Time Studying These 5 Courses In School" - Reno Omokri by Xsem(m): 7:28am On Sep 29, 2020
Romanoff:

He did so because of a show we both watch, "Bob hearts Abishola". In a scene where Bob was telling Abishola about Skiing or ice skating I think, Abishola replied him saying "we are Nigerians, we don't do stupid things".

That's why.

That's funny grin
Re: "Don't Waste Your Time Studying These 5 Courses In School" - Reno Omokri by Klass99(f): 9:19am On Sep 29, 2020
Re: "Don't Waste Your Time Studying These 5 Courses In School" - Reno Omokri by Romanoff(f): 9:38am On Sep 29, 2020
Xsem:

That's funny grin

I know. The show is good.
Re: "Don't Waste Your Time Studying These 5 Courses In School" - Reno Omokri by Angelnath(m): 12:45pm On Sep 29, 2020
In nigeria most undergraduate enter cos them wan go reason nio.
imagine someone that hate physics accepting admission into pure and applied physics dept. Na them say make i go school i go we dey do for this corntree
Re: "Don't Waste Your Time Studying These 5 Courses In School" - Reno Omokri by DaBillionnaire: 3:27pm On Sep 29, 2020
Your first degree is just to attain a degree, you may find yourself anywhere in the labour market which may not even relate to your first degree.
Re: "Don't Waste Your Time Studying These 5 Courses In School" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 29, 2020
Those are courses you study for passion. The chance of making high earnings from them are low but the joy and fulfilment it gives is still valuable. Las Las, nothing beats earning big in your profession

1 Like

Re: "Don't Waste Your Time Studying These 5 Courses In School" - Reno Omokri by Plut01: 8:49am On Sep 30, 2020
You can study any course in Nigeria so far you know someone wey no someone. In short, have connection and you as a zoology graduate will find yourself in one federal ministry while civil engineering graduate will still be fighting for 30k npower job or even squatting with a primary school drop out in the village managing a plot of maize farm.

(1) (Reply)

Firstank Pay ( Urgent) / Master Degree / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.